Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

747 BETA - A few shots!

I'm confused. This has been in all of our products...

I think he may mean the option in the original 744 to have the yoke raised or lowered to allow for a better view of the screens.

I think he may mean the option in the original 744 to have the yoke raised or lowered to allow for a better view of the screens.

...which has also been in just about all of our products.

Kyle Rodgers

Out of curiosity, why do people keep asking this...? It's not like it's a core function of an aircraft simulation.

I've not asked on my own but I might have an answer in the recently released A320 you have to open the side window to be able to hear a specific sound during engine start tup, whihch otherwise only passengers hear :)

Less chatter. .. more multimedia ...

• Upvote 5

spacer.png

Less chatter. .. more multimedia ...

I vote for that as well  :Big Grin:

Regards

• Upvote 2

Correct me if I am wrong..but the 777 had a lot more "advertising" right?

and more videos..at least towards the end.

Maybe they want to surprise us...everything I have seen in these preview shots is above and beyond what I was expecting.

It's been a terribly long time since I have been this excited or happy about something.

I've not asked on my own but I might have an answer in the recently released A320 you have to open the side window to be able to hear a specific sound during engine start tup, whihch otherwise only passengers hear :)

Right, but that add-on was modeling something that the aircraft does in real life.

It would not be realistic if we modeled opening windows on the 744. The windows don't open on the real plane...

You are incorrect.

We were a lot further into the beta process with the 777 before people were allowed to post anything.

This time, we allowed pictures to be posted a lot earlier. So, the lack of videos and so on is just a misunderstanding of differences in the timelines.

Kyle Rodgers

and more videos..at least towards the end.

Maybe they want to surprise us...everything I have seen in these preview shots is above and beyond what I was expecting.

It's been a terribly long time since I have been this excited or happy about something.

Yes, i want the 747 V3, too. But waiting is much easier since we´ve got the PMDG T7. It´s a litle bin of topic but the T7 is masterpiece. 

Right, but that add-on was modeling something that the aircraft does in real life.

It would not be realistic if we modeled opening windows on the 744. The windows don't open on the real plane...

You are incorrect.

We were a lot further into the beta process with the 777 before people were allowed to post anything.

This time, we allowed pictures to be posted a lot earlier. So, the lack of videos and so on is just a misunderstanding of differences in the timelines.

preach brotha preach!

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

You are incorrect.

Whoops!

That makes sense..I just remember seeing quite a lot of livery pictures.

Anyways.. This aircraft is stunning. From the little I have seen.. The texturing.. The displays(oh my god.. The anti glare matte feel on the LCD displays was..#%+... Then the curved CRT.. Brilliant.. Absolutely brilliant.

Thank you Vin!)

I am completely hyped about the sound.. It's like this aircraft is RSR's baby.

So.. Not having too many pictures.. Building the suspense.. Which in turn is causing my pulse to steadly increase.. Is all going to be worth it.

Just release the damn thing

Wow, I just discovered this. I didn't know PMDG was redoing the 747. I actually thought they'd taken the old one off the market and were going to let it fade away; kind of like the real one seems to be doing.This is awesome though. I've been flying V2 for the last 4 years and have made about 600 flights in it. I've been in love with this aircraft since I first flew on one in 1975, and it will always be my first choice. I have the 737 NGX and the 777, but this one always seems to get chosen first and I'm really happy to hear they're updating it.

I just watched the video that was posted and love all the little details they added so far. Outstanding job PMDG; just like always! Thank you for breathing new life into the Queen; she deserves nothing less. Oh, where's my pogo stick? :)

• Upvote 1