Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

747 BETA - A few shots!

Does the side window open on the 744 though?

Out of curiosity, why do people keep asking this...? It's not like it's a core function of an aircraft simulation.

...and that's also not mentioning that the ones in the real plane don't open.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Out of curiosity, why do people keep asking this...? It's not like it's a core function of an aircraft simulation.

it's the pursuit for attention to details.

It's not like it's a core function of an aircraft.... uhhhhh...... PMDG has simulated the weathered cockpit look, simulated the curvature of the CRT displays, added the "PMDG Soda".

PMDG has spoiled it's fans with extreme attention to detail so asking for opening windows isn't really surprising :D 

• Upvote 1

They open on the 767 andso I ask.  I dont care if they do or dont and if they do in RL if PMDG models such.

Just making idle chit chat whilst awaiting my turn at this Bird.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

it's the pursuit for attention to details.

It's not like it's a core function of an aircraft.... uhhhhh...... PMDG has simulated the weathered cockpit look, simulated the curvature of the CRT displays, added the "PMDG Soda".

PMDG has spoiled it's fans with extreme attention to detail so asking for opening windows isn't really surprising :D 

The difference is (in general, the 747 windows don't open anyways, just an overhead emergency egress hatch so its a moot point in this discussion), that a window opening is an actual animation. Due to engine limitations you can only have so many animations, number of animations effects performance. Its a trade off. 

• Upvote 1

The difference is (in general, the 747 windows don't open anyways, just an overhead emergency egress hatch so its a moot point in this discussion), that a window opening is an actual animation. Due to engine limitations you can only have so many animations, number of animations effects performance. Its a trade off. 

Oh I know, I was just saying... people asking for such things isn't really a surprise given how detail focused PMDG is. 

Yeah, but if your simulated co-pilot farts, you may have to hang your simulated head out of the simulated window. :P

Yeah, but if your simulated co-pilot farts, you may have to hang your simulated head out of the simulated window. :P

LOL LOL LOL....CANT WAIT TO TRY THAT ONE

Terence Jordan

Oh I know, I was just saying... people asking for such things isn't really a surprise given how detail focused PMDG is.

There you go - extreme detail. Window doesn't open, window not opening modelled.

David Porrett

Simon,

Yup.. The outboard engines are visible. Could you send the picture of it isn't a Problem.

From what I know.. The wingtips are visible from a certain viewing angle..

Maybe some beta tester can investigate.. Or Kyle should have the answers

If I recall correctly, Rob said once that in the pilot's seat, you would have to squeeze your face against the window to get a view of only the wingtip.   

Regards

My good old friend, who is a former 747-400 captain(Corsair), told me that from the captain seat you can see the air intake of engine 1&2(If you squeeze your face against the window :wink:​ ) and of course the winglet(No need to squeeze your face this time :lol: )!

Cheers

Pat Mussotte

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Hi all,

Nice pictures of the 747 Virtual Cockpit............

You asked at the beginning of the thread if anyone spotted the new feature................I guess it is some kind of landing aid, but is there any information on the forum yet as to how it is used? I am curious and would like to find out more, please.

I was wondering if there are any pictures online yet of any airline liveries and paint schemes for the 747-400v3? One livery somebody did for the existing 747-400 and I would like to see redone for the new version would be an Iron Maiden, Ed Force One...........A great reason to tour the world again in the new 747-400............I flew all the world legs in the current 747 and really would like to redo them once the new version is out. Challenge maybe for someone.

Anyway looking forward to the next updates.

• Upvote 1

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

(Skip to 0:42)

The wing is visible from the flight deck. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Ok, here's my take on this. I don't really care if the windows open or not. However, it is neat to start up the IXEG 737 with the windows open and listen to the turbines whine. Additionally, this is the only time I have "experienced" the effects of simulated cabin pressurization (other than off schedule descent cautions). Example: I tried to open the windows once but realized I couldn't until I unpressurized the cabin. It was a minor thing but still a neat immersive detail that resulted in a "huh - oh yeah, that's right, cool!" moment for me.

From what I read that is what was being asked.