Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

747 BETA - A few shots!

Here is a screen shot to accompany a note on complexity:

YSSYKSFO-NF_zpsgvvpiein.jpg

Note the lower center display with fuel status.  This bird has nine tanks and fuel management is a little more complex than turning off the center pumps when the center tank is low.  PMDG modeled the system, not just provide a pretty display and some switches.  Details like how fuel density varies in different regions of the world, how the fuel temperature varies with tank location and mixing or on the ground what happens thermodynamically when you start with fuel chilled from flight and load fuel on top of it.  It is all modeled.  PMDG has also modeled fuel consumption rates for all three engine variants that matches the Boeing data within tight tolerances.

• Upvote 4

Dan Downs KCRP

I, too, find the lack of beta tester feeback a little puzzling.

Heck, if I was beta testing Id bet at it all the time and posting some feedback for the community.

Well, as Kyle said AVSIM is not the only "community". If I may I would like to point you to the direction of a facebook group called "PMDG 777 & 747v3" link: www.facebook.com/groups/pmdg777

Here on this specific AVSIM thread, so far we've only had one set of screenshots and "limited" feedback from beta testers, on that facebook page, there is a stream of new screenshots and a couple of beta testers that are very willing to answer your OOMs, VAS, FPS and all sorts of concerns. In fact, some are taking requests of what people want to see and the would be happy to oblige.

PMDG has also modeled fuel consumption rates for all three engine variants that matches the Boeing data within tight tolerances.

Wow that's awesome! With this though, how are you doing fuel planning during your beta testing? Does PMDG provide a fueling utility? PFPX profiles?

Wow that's awesome! With this though, how are you doing fuel planning during your beta testing? Does PMDG provide a fueling utility? PFPX profiles?

There are already PFPX profiles, although they are not as accurate as you would hope they are a good starting point.  Takeoff data on the on other hand is a challenge.

Dan Downs KCRP

The world does not revolve around Face Book (FB is for kids anyway) but some, if not most of it, does revolve around on line boards such as this and has been from the beginning. I also find it strange that FB glows with reports while Avsim remains relatively dark.

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

The other issue with facebook is you have to be a member to read it and beyond that you have to join and be accepted to the private group that is pmdg777&747v3. It is not something that is public viewing, more like a private members club. Guess we will just have to wait for more publicity to be released.

Chris

Yes the FB PMDG 777 group is private and you must request to join...it is therefore near useless frankly.

spacer.png

Maybe PMDG should rethink their strategy and aim for the center of the target instead of the outside rings. I believe Avsim holds the core users and fans of PMDG products and, as such, should be their main focus point.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

ok will do , just need to get a free moment to edit the relevant screen shots

nick caldwell

Any update on this? Kinda bored and this has piqued my interest.

Maybe PMDG should rethink their strategy and aim for the center of the target instead of the outside rings. I believe Avsim holds the core users and fans of PMDG products and, as such, should be their main focus point.

I don't think its part of a strategy at all. It is not PMDG's intent to leave some info outside of AVSIM. Whats happening is simply a result of free will. After the embargo is lifted, beta testers can post screenshots and updates on whatever platform they want. Putting in place strict restrictions on where to post what is not the way to go. "Hey beta testers, unless you post similar info on AVSIM, you can't just post on other platforms" is such an awful walled-garden mentality.

but then again on the grand scheme of things, I don't think information is being left out of AVSIM at all, everything is perfectly fine as it is. Interaction on social media reaches broader audiences, spreads faster and interaction is just as fast that's why those posts seems to be more "active" but as far as actual relevant information goes nothing is left out of AVSIM, in fact more of the technical information is shared on AVSIM.

Hi Matthew

i did post a new thread in the general forum here as promised with the details as requested by Kyle. Unfortunately he had no option but to make the post invisable after some forum users started sniping, he explained to me via PM. The team have the post and have looked at the issues raised.(edit; and as Kyle has pointed out below certain items have already been addressed too in more recent builds, which is good to hear)

Sadly this kind of reaction is common here and spoils things for everyone unnessesarily which doesnt encourage people to share different perspectives or contribute positively and constructively which is a loss really because there are actually highly skilled individuals and  professionals who visit the forum who are not part of (nor perhaps have the time to be so involved in) the beta team, who are willing to share  those skills and experience (for free).

nick caldwell

• Upvote 1

Whats happening is simply a result of free will. After the embargo is lifted, beta testers can post screenshots and updates on whatever platform they want. Putting in place strict restrictions on where to post what is not the way to go. "Hey beta testers, unless you post similar info on AVSIM, you can't just post on other platforms" is such an awful walled-garden mentality.

Bingo. Where they post is where they post.

Official updates from us will be here and on Facebook, as always.

...I mean, we could also just put them back under the whole "don't post anything." They don't have to share anything with anyone - here or elsewhere. Gift horses and all that...

Turns out the F model was a few versions behind in the build that was used at the beginning of this thread, so some of the items pointed out had already been addressed.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the previews.Time to plan for some 747 routes!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the previews.Time to plan for some 747 routes!

I'm gonna start with repeat touch and goes...

spacer.png

On the subject of Beta testers not posting pics on this forum, I would wager that some of them don't even know about this forum and are simply helping out PMDG to test the product due to their technical expertise (e.g. pilots, aircraft engineers/maintainers, people from Boeing, etc) and don't really follow this hobby a great deal - or not enough to frequent this forum and are busy going about their normal lives.

Is it just me, or does it seem to be a very quick transition from beta testing commencing to testers posting pictures and comment? I've been buying PMDG since they did, well, manuals, and usually it is deep into testing that restrictions are lifted.

David Porrett