Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

747 BETA - A few shots!

Wow, I just discovered this. I didn't know PMDG was redoing the 747.

LOL...welcome back, brother...

spacer.png

Wow, I just discovered this. I didn't know PMDG was redoing the 747. I actually thought they'd taken the old one off the market and were going to let it fade away; kind of like the real one seems to be doing.This is awesome though. I've been flying V2 for the last 4 years and have made about 600 flights in it. I've been in love with this aircraft since I first flew on one in 1975, and it will always be my first choice. I have the 737 NGX and the 777, but this one always seems to get chosen first and I'm really happy to hear they're updating it.

I just watched the video that was posted and love all the little details they added so far. Outstanding job PMDG; just like always! Thank you for breathing new life into the Queen; she deserves nothing less. Oh, where's my pogo stick? :)

No terrain and weather radar mode made me move up to the 737 and 777 but the 747 is going to be my only aircraft in the hanger at release again. The old 747 I could not get past the flashing backup speed gauge if using back lighting or the flashing on the side windowsill in my fsx install. The old 747 has gathered dust for over 3 years!  - David Lee

LOL...welcome back, brother...

LOL. Hey, I'm old; sometimes things fly by me. Well and I don't spend much time on forums unless I'm looking for a solution to a problem.

No terrain and weather radar mode made me move up to the 737 and 777 but the 747 is going to be my only aircraft in the hanger at release again. The old 747 I could not get past the flashing backup speed gauge if using back lighting or the flashing on the side windowsill in my fsx install. The old 747 has gathered dust for over 3 years!  - David Lee

I understand the weather radar and terrain things; it's great to have, and a really nice addition on the 777.  I've never had the flashing issues you have, and up until a week ago I've been running this on an old Q9650. Finally had the extra cash and upgraded to an i5 4690K O/C'd to 4.2 GHz. Wow, what a difference in frame rates, even with the same GTX 560. Running (2) 24" monitors at 1080 my frames went from 8-15 to 30+. Very much looking forward to the new plane on my new computer. Flying old school at the moment though; broke out RFP -200 on Flight Sim 9 and tripping from Prague to Denver. Gotta love steam gauges sometimes; they're fun to watch spool up. Okay, so I'm easily entertained. lol.

• Upvote 1

So FS2Crew just sent out a notice. I understand they are just trying to protect the customers from mistaking the current 747 FS2Crew as being compatible with the v3 but man.. That is some fuel to the hype!!.. that is some hype right there. love it :smile:

747_HYPE_zps2hkgbuoz.jpg

What does this mean?

FS2Crew has a current version for the 747v2 and they are pulling it out of the stores because the 747v3 release "..could be soon based on latest reports", now "soon" of course could mean months to go but still... hype is hype :smile:

I´ve NEVER encountered an OOM in my long FSX history with PMDG and/ or with high quality sceneries like Flytampa etc. NEVER.... Maybe you guys got low end machines? Maybe it´s FTX or something????

Me too!

Denis Bolduc

BaldyB

Me too!

Denis Bolduc

BaldyB

That is right, scenery like Orbx are large texture demands that push you over the edge unless you lower sliders like autogen and water. I put autogen to Normal and water to 1x high. Not had an OOM and that is flying the ngx and 777 into heavy Orbx scenery like SCA and NCA.

LOL. Hey, I'm old; sometimes things fly by me. Well and I don't spend much time on forums unless I'm looking for a solution to a problem.

I understand the weather radar and terrain things; it's great to have, and a really nice addition on the 777.  I've never had the flashing issues you have, and up until a week ago I've been running this on an old Q9650. Finally had the extra cash and upgraded to an i5 4690K O/C'd to 4.2 GHz. Wow, what a difference in frame rates, even with the same GTX 560. Running (2) 24" monitors at 1080 my frames went from 8-15 to 30+. Very much looking forward to the new plane on my new computer. Flying old school at the moment though; broke out RFP -200 on Flight Sim 9 and tripping from Prague to Denver. Gotta love steam gauges sometimes; they're fun to watch spool up. Okay, so I'm easily entertained. lol.

A year or 2 ago, forgot exact dates, when I installed the 747 into my new computer for the first time, I found those bugs. Contacted support and they said it could not be fixed. It could be my Nvidia settings at the time but nothing fixed it. If you turned on the gauge backlights, the standby speed display had a clipping issue and half the gauge wouldn't light up. It was very noticeable since you are looking forward all the time when flying, not like the left side windowsill that flashed I could ignore that. - David Lee

Being an active software engineer for 36 years, we sit at the 99% complete point for a long time ;) 

Patients ... start reading 747 manuals. 

Cheers, Rob.

Agree - that last couple percent of any software engineering effort is the trickiest.  I have stories but my fingers and brain....fried....working on the systems all week that everyone relies upon for all their holiday on-line purchases!

Looking forward to the new bird of course, but I still feel as if there are aspects of the 737NGX I haven't mastered yet.  I may continue my 737 study for a while, and get the 747 for Prepar3D about the same time they offer the -8i version.  We shall see!

Mark Trainer

Emmanuel Pacamalan, on 27 Nov 2016 - 1:25 PM, said:

So FS2Crew just sent out a notice. I understand they are just trying to protect the customers from mistaking the current 747 FS2Crew as being compatible with the v3 but man.. That is some fuel to the hype!!.. that is some hype right there. love it

Wow, let's add 10 gallons of speculation fuel to the barbie. I love the smell of PMDG rumours in the morning.

How about this one: Could it be that the reason we havent seen any P3D 747's videos is because the P3D version is actually being tested on the P3D V4 platoform (which is still in beta) and still under video embargo. Ooooh.....

:))

How about this one: Could it be that the reason we havent seen any P3D 747's videos is because the P3D version is actually being tested on the P3D V4 platoform (which is still in beta) and still under video embargo. Ooooh.....

I'm guessing you're being a bit facetious here, but...

Developing a new product and putting it in beta, on what would be a beta (or more likely an alpha) platform...I'm gonna go with a hard 'no' there. In all actuality, there haven't been P3D videos because the P3D version is not yet in beta. As I've mentioned in another post: keep the team tasked on a common platform. It will yield better results, and quicker results in subsequent platforms.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm guessing you're being a bit facetious here, but...

It was tongue in cheek. :)

the P3D version is not yet in beta.

Oh.  Well this P3D flier stands ready to assist, brother.  Anything to help expedite the P3D version release.

spacer.png