Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

FM should be the flight model. Looks like it may be a bug indeed. The advice should be to report it to: http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

Remember to attach the full log.txt.

I got a window with the option to mail the report: I did that. Does that actually work...? Or is it always adviced to report the bug using your link?

Uhm... Yes the report shoud reach Laminar. I don't know what to say, I'll let others chime in. In any case reporting a bug anyway cannot do any damage. :smile:

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

Does that actually work

Yes, it definitely does!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

O.M.G.!

My very first X-Plane download but cant try it out until tomorrow when I buy X-Plane - top notch developer 

Rich Sennett

Mr. X's Boston Logan KBOS is incredible at night...

It is indeed:

Cessna_172SP_27.jpg

But it's not bad in broad daylight either :smile::

b738_20.jpg

Some more ...

• Upvote 7

Nice looks Nice

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hm, well, my main problem with XP11 right now is that there are too many options and everything takes a lot of work. All those kinds of sceneries and libraries and files and utilities and tweaks and things I have to edit... I feel a bit lost. I try to simply enjoy XP11 with default stuff but then I get the feeling I am missing out on things and things don't look as good as it should and I start searching the internet once more only to sink deeper into the mud. It's all too much. Think I will head of to Lugano where pilot83 seems to have a lot of fun with default (?) scenery.

Did you download the library package installer from the org? This plus the opensceneryx installer will give you almost all the libraries you need. Forget about the tweaks (heavily discouraged anyway) and try making one nice scenery with Ortho4XP and World2Xplane. PM me if I can assist. 

Hans

Hm, well, my main problem with XP11 right now is that there are too many options and everything takes a lot of work. All those kinds of sceneries and libraries and files and utilities and tweaks and things I have to edit... I feel a bit lost. I try to simply enjoy XP11 with default stuff but then I get the feeling I am missing out on things and things don't look as good as it should and I start searching the internet once more only to sink deeper into the mud. It's all too much. Think I will head of to Lugano where pilot83 seems to have a lot of fun with default (?) scenery.

Maybe you could try to concentrate on only 1 or 2 things at a time for now. For example, as you said, finding some areas of the global scenery that look good (probably there are many areas like that in Europe, since Europe has excellent OSM coverage and now there's also the new regional autogen).

Or doing some bush/GA flying in mountainous areas where X-Plane excels (HD meshes improve things here).

Also consider that for now, it's better not to use tweaks at all, and just concentrate on the goods of the visuals while accepting the temporary bads. It's the first beta and several features of the visual engine will surely be changed/improved in the next weeks/months.

Of course being the first Beta, X-Plane 11 cannot be considered right now ready for a prime time general use. It will take at least some months before it will be ironed out significantly, but if you manage to get through it, without expecting to have it replace P3D or FSX tomorrow or next month, then you might get nice things out of it.

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

Did you download the library package installer from the org? This plus the opensceneryx installer will give you almost all the libraries you need. Forget about the tweaks (heavily discouraged anyway) and try making one nice scenery with Ortho4XP and World2Xplane. PM me if I can assist. 

Yes, I did but it seems to me it loads a bit too much...? Or aren't those libraries used at all when you don't use scenery that calls for it...? The custom scenery folder is exploding and so is the scenery_packs.ini. Right now I am creating 2 tiles around London (with default settings but a zoom of 17) and I also downloaded GB Pro to sit on top of it. I am curious to see how that goes.

But...

can get enough of this europe autogen!

... I just spend some 10 minutes flying over Lugano and WOW that was nice! Thanks, pilot83, for the tip! Flying low above the highway with all those signs and lamposts and electricity masts and everything... well, that was totally awesome and NOTHING like I ever experienced in a sim up to now! Incredible detail with great performance! Great tip: you made my day!

EDIT

Maybe you could try to concentrate on only 1 or 2 things at a time for now. For example, as you said, finding some areas of the global scenery that look good (probably there are many areas like that in Europe, since Europe has excellent OSM coverage and now there's also the new regional autogen).

Or doing some bush/GA flying in mountainous areas where X-Plane excels (HD meshes improve things here).

Also consider that for now, it's better not to use tweaks at all, and just concentrate on the goods of the visuals while accepting the temporary bads. It's the first beta and several features of the visual engine will surely be changed/improved in the next weeks/months.

Of course being the first Beta, X-Plane 11 cannot be considered right now ready for a prime time general use. It will take at least some months before it will be ironed out significantly, but if you manage to get through it, without expecting to have it replace P3D or FSX tomorrow or next month, then you might get nice things out of it.

Good advice. As I just posted Lugano blew me away. That detail!!! And maybe it is indeed best to forget about all that is possible and enjoy what I've got out of the box for now. I think I wanted too much. I already decided to leave tweaks alone btw. Ortho4XP is still busy creating 2 tiles and GB Pro has already been download so I think I will give that a try anyway, but for now I am enjoying Lugano and area over there.

Can't have a better bush flying experience sitting an arm chair, I can't run HD Mesh on this laptop but used to do only bush flights when i could use the HD mesh when i had the desktop too much fun.

There are some excellent freeware airports from Rdesign for Alaska

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Question 1: if I download Mesh HD for the Lugano area, will it use the new German houses....? Or does Mesh HD 'call' the old kind of houses?

Question 2: what does the Texture quality slider do exactly? Because when I change it (in the middle of a flight) I see no difference between Medium, High and Maximum. Is it for specific textures only maybe?

Just flew out of the narrow valley north of Lugano into a very wide valley with an extreme amount of houses as far as the eye can see... not a single popup... everything is there and stays there. And all those cars! An even trains! The detail is absolutely staggering. Yaw dropping. The world is so alive! I think I've been flying in the wrong places because I really like what I am seeing now! I seriously can't stop drooling. If it goes on like this I'll end up as excited as Sesquashtoo...! :P And I don't know if Avsim can handle another Sesquashtoo!  :wink: (Just kidding, Sesquashtoo!)

Well, I think I had a very short dip... glad it's over. I am such a fickle &@($*... :hi: