Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

Can any1 test BC and Alaska and tell me if the tiles are showing up ? I downloaded that area @work but its plain water :sad:

Same with South Pacific Australia , here Sydney and some parts of Queensland are missing., For this I have filed a bug report 

I tried PAKT and PAJN and Alaska has land in these areas.

Hans

I tried PAKT and PAJN and Alaska has land in these areas.

:shok:

Are you using any external scenery ? like Mrx6 PAJN and Rdesigns PAKT ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

:shok:

Are you using any external scenery ? like Mrx6 PAJN and Rdesigns PAKT ?

I have some external scenery for the region, yes. PAKT, PAJN, PASI have land with default scenery. PAWD and PAUN have water only. In BC I tried CYXT and CYRV, both have lots of land around them. I guess that just a portion up North and West is missing. 

Hans

I have some external scenery for the region, yes. PAKT, PAJN, PASI have land with default scenery. PAWD and PAUN have water only. In BC I tried CYXT and CYRV, both have lots of land around them. I guess that just a portion up North and West is missing. 

Ok. some of those parts are missing.

They would be crazy not to include Alaska and northern Europe. I understand they're trying to squeeze the installation on a DVD, but they could make the additional tiles available as a download.

Meanwhile, a huge amount of the world is becoming available as free, higher-res HD mesh (with some areas in even higher UHD). Check the coverage map here:

http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-10-hd-mesh-scenery-v3/

There is a separate set of files available for New Zealand on that site. You don't need any of the default world tiles from the XP11 installer if you're using the HD terrain mesh. So if you like flying in Alaska, just use these files instead for better terrain and landclass resolution. Note that you'll probably want 16gb RAM for this, and probably 32gb RAM for the UHD files.

When I installed the full (paid) XP11 Beta, I just had it install the Western USA files so I could make a first evaluation on a plain vanilla version. After that, I'm filling in with HD (and maybe UHD if I can run it). 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Buzzing around KSFO, I came across this beast just off the coast. To my surprise, I was able to set her down and snap this screenie:

Cirrus_SF50_2.png

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

@odourboy 

Is that  KSFO by MrX6 ?

Can any1 test BC and Alaska and tell me if the tiles are showing up ? I downloaded that area @work but its plain water :sad:

Same with South Pacific Australia , here Sydney and some parts of Queensland are missing., For this I have filed a bug report 

Yes, they show up....I showed Steward, B.C., earlier in this thread.  Also, running HD and UHD custom mesh brought over from my XP10 installation.

Yes, they show up....I showed Steward, B.C., earlier in this thread.  Also, running HD and UHD custom mesh brought over from my XP10 installation.

Mitch, i meant not using any external sceneries but the ones available from LR for XP11 . There areas either missing or not done by LR.

Is that Stewart from Beti-x ? 

Mitch, i meant not using any external sceneries but the ones available from LR for XP11 . There areas either missing or not done by LR.

Is that Stewart from Beti-x ? 

No..it is either from XP11 Gateway, or from a download from Xplane.org.  

I am also using Alpilot's HD and UHD Mesh made for XP10, that situationally are the last two entries in the Scenery.log

No..it is either from XP11 Gateway, or from a download from Xplane.org.  

I am also using Alpilot's HD and UHD Mesh made for XP10, that situationally are the last two entries in the Scenery.log

Ok. remove HD + UHD and then download the same area from LR , all tiles are not there. 

Ok. remove HD + UHD and then download the same area from LR , all tiles are not there. 

I'm downloading again the entire world

After that...I'll take out both HD and UHD, and see what's up...with B.C.  and Alaska  PAJN, etc.  Will post a pic, if I have one (smile).

Later, bro.

@odourboy 

Is that  KSFO by MrX6 ?

Yes - Did MisterX6 add the carrier or is this part of the default XP11?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Yes - Did MisterX6 add the carrier or is this part of the default XP11?

Not sure , been sometime i have used the KSFO from Mrx