Sign in to follow this  
vesalius

Xplane 11 beta, I'm impressed...

No. See the Pause message at the bottom and the train in the XP picture.

Perhaps you'd better removed these hints and just asked folks which one they prefer?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Does X-plane 11 finally have different seasons?

And after watching the videos, they still haven't replaced that annoying screech on landings. The curved runways are nice but the airplanes bounce when they crest the top of the curve, which is kind of silly.

No. See the Pause message at the bottom and the train in the XP picture.

Perhaps you'd better removed these hints and just asked folks which one they prefer?

Kind regards, Michael

Nope, XP is the last one - there's no PAUSE message like that in XP11...

P3D is the second, XP is the third.  :smile:

Thx for confirming, and I by far prefer the XP version :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I think P3D is the middle one Jeroen ?

LOL Seriously! Hahahaha! I have yet to see colors like that in XP! And there us no haze at all...?! But you are right and I was wrong. Funny still that in the end I found picture 2 more real to life. 

LOL Seriously! Hahahaha! I have yet to see colors like that in XP! And there us no haze at all...?! But you are right and I was wrong. Funny still that in the end I found picture 2 more real to life. 

If the last image (XP) had incorporated more of a haze, it comes close to real life.  Then again, what we see in real life changes constantly, depending on humidity, pollution, turbidity as well as wind presence, wind speed, etc.  We could be 10,000 feet above Ibiza during the summer and then be at the same altitude over Anchorage and the environment will look different.

A recent trip to Reykjavik had a bit of cloud cover, but at around 500 feet, I could get a nice panoramic view of the area and it was very washed out and bland, but this is Iceland...cold, rainy and dank.  You certainly wouldn't generate such saturation for that area, but you would and could for a place in the Med or Caribbean.

A good solid weather generator is much needed for XP, since XP has a great lighting system to begin with.  The weather generator should include some way of adjusting saturation of color, depending on the weather.  A clear day with the sun up should result in eye-popping color, whereas a hazy or cloudy day should mute or desaturate color.

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

One images (in this case three) speaks more than thousand words.

But honestly I think that we cannot compare photoreal with procedural textures. Load a photoreal in PR3D and I bet it's more or less the same, the difference here are objects that with OSM data fit almost perfectly the photoreal while PR3D can only offer that ugly mess.

To say it all we must also consider that photoreal in XP10/11 is free and easily doable (but this could change just imagine thousand more people starting downloading world coverage at L18) while in PR3D not esy to build.

For me the future is clear, orthophoto coupled with true vector/building data rules. People like to see real landscape, not fictional. Maybe in a couple of years we will have the full power to run this comprehsive scenery.

A good solid weather generator is much needed for XP, since XP has a great lighting system to begin with.  The weather generator should include some way of adjusting saturation of color, depending on the weather.  A clear day with the sun up should result in eye-popping color, whereas a hazy or cloudy day should mute or desaturate color.

Perfectly expressed. Variability and adherence to real life weather condition is the key. Only a dedicated third part software can get this. 

A good solid weather generator is much needed for XP, since XP has a great lighting system to begin with. The weather generator should include some way of adjusting saturation of color, depending on the weather. A clear day with the sun up should result in eye-popping color, whereas a hazy or cloudy day should mute or desaturate color.

Right!  And preferably one that doesn't rely on METAR data and winds / temps aloft because, specially in most of Europe, that can render real different views from what RL weather looks like given the low sector altitudes in use.

Looking out from my window right now I have a dense overcast with embedded CBs in the vicinity of LPPT, and yet our METAR reads:

LPPT 301630Z 11008KT 9999 FEW012 15/13 Q1018

because that dense layer is above 5000' ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

... and how does P3D look like without ORBX?

With all due respect Jeroen - really - but i think You are comparing apples and oranges here.

I - and i am sure many, many others do so as well - are very much hoping for more and more dedicated 3rd party developers to join XPlane.

It is the good old "chicken or egg - dilemma" i guess, meaning more customers/users, more dedicated 3rd party developers.

Anyways, we'll find out anyway where X Plane 11 will be heading, or as You have mentioned it:

... to see where it is going ...

:smile:

+1

Could not say it any better.

+1

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Very nice comparison! Wow, the P3D shot looks totally crappy. The river running right through the landclass textures. Hate that with all P3D scenery. The X-Plane shot looks great!
  • Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Hello,

I fly on FS 2004,FSX and with P3D from the beginning and with very good ORBX scenery only,since 2008...Since the videos appeared about X PLANE 11 on youtube I watch every hour if there is not a new one come!.With the first video I watched I took a slap...This simulator overwrites all other I do not need to make comparisons or talk about it for hours....The potential is there and what i see in the "beta" Is already incredible.I understand now that the scenery and the plane do not do everything inside the simulator and I will reconsider my sim by X PLANE 11. It will not do good for some sim company...Austin Meyer has succeeded a real masterpiece 

The world of simulation will finally move!

• Upvote 1

contrast and saturation a notch increased from stock

How can you do that? I could use some contrast and saturation but I don't have any options for that. Do I need to edit an ini somewhere?

How can you do that? I could use some contrast and saturation but I don't have any options for that. Do I need to edit an ini somewhere?

Probably BluFX or Reshade.

I use both sims (P3D and X-Plane 10)... each has its strong points and weaknesses.. X-Plane night rendering is just amazing! I fly the Challenger 300 as well as some Carenado GA aircraft which perform really well on the platform.

More than 1 year using it and really enjoying it.

Happy landings!

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg