Sign in to follow this  
pilot83

XP11 out of the box!

Beautiful!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well since the question "my next sim" was posed, NO it is not until Austin can add viable ATC and AI traffic to adequately simulate a commercial airline environment.

Pretty to look at though.

• Upvote 4

spacer.png

Well since the question "my next sim" was posed, NO it is not until Austin can add viable ATC and AI traffic to adequately simulate a commercial airline environment.

That's funny, you have 1545 posts but I never saw a post of you, in any forum, saying something positive. Being always grumpy is bad for your health, you know. :wink:

• Upvote 19

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

to adequately simulate a commercial airline environment.

Do you have a template for this part which you just need to copy and paste into all of your X-Plane postings? ;-)

• Upvote 9

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

to adequately simulate a commercial airline environment.

Out of the box commercial airliners environment is not simulated however the option of adding the static commercial airliners on gates is there.

A freeware ATC in alpha is available and allows you to add text to speech voices such as Ivona or windows TTS voices but do not interact with AI traffic add on such as world of traffic currently 2 voices and the author is working on multi voice support http://124thatc.matacchieri.eu/

World of traffic AI addon is able to simulate commercial traffic but do not interact with default ATC or the freeware ATC above, world of traffic requires lot of personal effort in installation and still not perfect but the developer is to release a v3.

Below is a screenshot at KSEA using World of traffic add on, spotting a take off of Fedex

X_Plane_2016_11_27_12_47_55_95.jpghow to use print screen

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

There are several ways to make this happen in XP.

• Upvote 1

Ignorance is bliss. :wink:

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Guest Mik75

Fantastic video! I enjoy XP11 very much as well.

I find its look and performance remarkable for a beta release!

I am looking forward to the coming updates and addon releases!

I will admit that AI traffic is a PITA in X-plane but there are a couple of commercial alternatives. As far as ATC, I don't know many people using the default ATC in either FSX or P3D. That's why there are so many third party ATC programs. Both Radar Contact and PF3 can be used with X-Plane along with Pilot2ATC which works very well with X-Plane 10.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

But I actually enjoy the new ATC system in XP11 ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It's okay to not double post in the XPlane forum, really it is.  :t0152:

• Upvote 1

As a P3D and former FSX user I have to say that XP11 looks most impressive!

I will be watching this one closely. I did try the XP10 demo but to be honest was a left a little flat with it. 

• Upvote 3

I guess some people want something that even FSX or PR3D fabolous AI cannot do, that's it to interact with user's plane. Even AI planes in FSX cannot follow SID and STARS unless you install an over complicated plugin, see video for example 

While watching video I could not believe how unrealistic behave AI aircrafts in FSX and how bad textures look, after two years of XP10 it seems so basic I could not stand them anymore. Usually are the same textures but in XP10 they look much better.

In the beginning setting a decent AI movement for FSX was quite challenging, downloading WOAI package, setting timetables, only some years later auto installing packages came out. It's true that XP is in the beginning phase regarding AI and ATC but I'm confident they will come.

If you want good traffic and ATC join VATSIM or IVAO... why use built in stuff when you can fly on a real network with real controllers and traffic... 

• Upvote 2

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg