Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

1.06 out guys, looks like they added sliders to control the maximum wind:

Good morning to all! 1.06 released, download it here:

http://xenviro.net

Changelog:

### [1.06] 
### Added 
- Maximum wind speed slider with range 0-100%. Affecting wind speeds at all levels. 
- Upper atmosphere checkbox (sky representation). 
- Lower atmosphere checkbox (to display haze, fog and low level scattering).
 - Checkbox to remove ground scenery shadows when under overcast conditions.

### Removed 
- Atmosphere checkbox removed from Atmosprere section. 
- Rain checkbox removed. 
- Snow checkbox removed. 
- Lightning checkbox removed.

Guest Mik75

Cool, they are really pushing these updates out!

Yesterday, on a flight from EDDN to LOWL with xEnviro v1.05, I had icy rain on taxi and take off (FZRA). It looked extremely nice on the windshield of the IXEG, and when accelerating on the runway, it looked even better, more dramatic. Definitely different to what rain looks like, a bit more like snow, very cool! I had the wipers turned on, and after lift off, I had a very hard time climbing. The plane didn't accelerate, and roughly 1,500ft above the ground, the stick shaker came on. It's been an online flight on IVAO, and it's been a truly scary moment!

And then it came to me, the anti ice! I looked at the overhead panel and all the switches were off!

I turned them on, extended the flaps one notch further, applied maximum thrust, while leveling off, and somehow, I managed to pick up some speed after a while (which felt like eternity) and finally, to get her climbing!

Wow, I guess that's what one calls immersion, ...and bad aircraft handling. ;-)

The moment when I finally came through the thick overcast layer, into the blue, was such a relief!

Well looks like this team listen to request and program fast. Another copy sold here. Goodbye SMP for now.

• Upvote 1

@ Tony

We have not met but I have been following the X Plane 11 and 10 for quite sometime and enjoy reading all of the comments.

I am also a user from X plane 10 and now former FSX user.

Have I say this,  the beta for X plane 11 with Xenviro has been be more fun than waiting for the final release. 

The changes comes more often and frequent with improvements at every stage. With much more to look forward to.

Bob

i guess with the wind slider i will give it a shot. With that capped, i can fly pretty much everywhere even with smaller planes.

Guest Mik75

Here are some screenshots, showing the visuals during my "anti ice incident", described above! ;-)

df7j3a18u5c4khsdi.jpg

df7j3hlpystfdfqp2.jpg

df7j3pkc4trhmo2qu.jpg

df7j3z1na1m9hkoh2.jpg

Just speaking from an observer's perspective, XEnviro looks much, much more realistic than SMP4 to my eyes.

I hold that opinion as well.  That's was a huge factor in my picking it up.  I had already sprung for the SMP 3 to 4 upgrade. I saw some (in XEnviro) cloudscapes, trailing edges, leading edges, that were truly veritus.  I also have cloudscape and scud, clear out to any point on the horizon, if the real world weather is calling for it.  I have not lost one FPS, in all of this.  This with both XP10 and 11.

I'm not going to dismiss SMP3/4.  That program works as well, but for my personal expectations, XEnviro produces what I expect the sky to look like, and need to look like, for my immersion factor. It produces, what SMP can not at this time.  Of course, that could change with the next update from SunDog.  Competition for the flight enthusiast's coin, keeps things fresh...and ever evolving.  My take, anyways... :)

• Upvote 1

Can someone check if the clouds move with the wind in xEnviro? You should go to a place with high winds and partial cloud coverage, put the camera orthogonal to the wind, and check if the clouds move.

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

Upper atmosphere checkbox (sky representation). 

Anybody can confirm that this feature can be used to deactivate the sky colors (falling back to X-Plane sky colors)?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

OMG....but is this program an all-in-one sheer ACE!

This is just a beautiful morning, taking off out of CYTZ, and heading over to Niagara Falls, following the shoreline.  The morning sky, with the line of clouds, over the southern shore of Lake Ontario...is just so real looking.  So very peaceful...

What a program!  What a program!

v1.06

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_1.png

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_2.png
  • Upvote 4

ok. Sold another copy. Awesome looking screenshots and nice stories sold me over. :)

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

Anybody can confirm that this feature can be used to deactivate the sky colors (falling back to X-Plane sky colors)

confirmed 100% , much better in my opinion as i  didn't like so much x-enviro vibrant Upper Atmosphere color.

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

I gotta tell the reader,  XP (blah, blah) WITHOUT XEnviro is an only half-the-story, flight simulator.

I just flew into, and out of mid to dense morning fog at 1,800 feet,  then moved beyond it, with some of the most beautiful early morning cloudscapes I have ever seen in a flight simulator.

Without XEnviro...I ain't flying...I'll do something else with my time...like build that storage unit my darling wife has been patiently waiting for...but without this weather engine, I ain't flying anymore!

Ses

Cessna_172_SP_seaplane_5.png

• Upvote 1

I never thought that x-plane could have so many admirers like this ... that seems like the time when they launched a new Flight Simulator. And that's because it's still in BETA! I can not wait to launch it on Steam to buy ... meanwhile I'm enjoying it here.

I do not think Dovetail can overcome this ... I hope I'm wrong, but we need a new platform and I see no future better than X-Plane 11.
  • Upvote 2