Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

does anyone tested xenviro on a dual machine setup for greater FOV? does the weather/clouds sync properly on both machines?

default xplane clouds works perfect

smymaxpro doesn't work well under this scenario

Manuel Merelles

Why this negativity?

Metar reported overcast at 1200 so I believed that was the layer showed in the screenshots.

Since lights through clouds was a known bug already present in 10.42

http://questions.x-plane.com/756/why-can-see-the-runway-environment-through-overcast-clouds

I assumed it is still present in Xp10.50 but since I use SMP I have never noticed it, 

I've been flying XP for two years so gaining the permission to criticize something that I think it's bugged.

This do not take anything from XP which I believe is he best sim available.

In the menu i see Rain effect and 2D rain drops, i tested while im in the default cessna, the first seems to give 3D rain effect externally which looks more visible then default rain and for the 2D rain drops option did not get the effect in the deault cessna because the windshield does not support it. 

Didn't think of that I have that off thank you much 

Hi Rich,

then I assume, that you like this video too?

Kind regards

Tom

Great thanks for sharing   :wink:

Post from developer and I never use 2d cockpit - hence my reason for having it off in settings

Reflective 2D raindrops are mostly for those who is flying with 2d forward view without panels - like multiple monitor setups, home cockpits etc. Unfortunately we have put on hold all the works with the same reflective raindrops for 3D cockpits/VC as this might take much longer than expected due to the heavy limitations of X-Plane (mentioned in SDK). But we have some ideas how to overcome yet again yet another limitation so I will push this feature a bit before v2

=============================================

Important notice: if you dont use 2d views in aircraft - keep this option off as it may eat 1-2 fps at peaks.

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

I think it would be fair to wait for the release of Sky Maxx Pro 4 and then the comparison race can start.

It would be also more appropriate to wait for at least 1-2 patch of both XEnviro and Sky Maxx.

That does not prevent me to express my preference now for Sky Maxx, the real downside of Xenviro it seems to be the lack of turbulence while in rainy/snowy/windy conditions and the high price.

XEnviro is one product only while in Skymaxx you need also a weather deciptor, this is a thumb up for XEnviro.

he is using photoscenery + x enviro

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

That does not prevent me to express my preference now for Sky Maxx, the real downside of Xenviro it seems to be the lack of turbulence while in rainy/snowy/windy conditions

Doesn't it have "chops" when inside clouds? That's what I saw in some videos I think, but as you say I hear reports of lack of turbulence. That would be a significant lack in a weather product.

XEnviro is one product only while in Skymaxx you need also a weather deciptor, this is a thumb up for XEnviro.

On the other hand, for now xEnviro only allows real time weather and not manual weather, so it's less versatile.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I am waiting for the manual weather option before purchasing being as I never use real time weather.  Hopefully, it gets implemented or I will have to stick with SkyMaxx Pro v4.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Anyone noticing that it is currently not loading any weather at all? METAR KMIA 051955Z 15010G19KT 10SM SCT020 BKN050 BKN200 27/22 A2996 RMK AO2 T02670222

Webcam:

Screenshot_2016_12_05_22_01_46.png

In Sim:

Screenshot_2016_12_05_22_05_23.png

I seriously hope that SMP comes out now. This is not my cup of tea.

Hans

Anyone noticing that it is currently not loading any weather at all? METAR KMIA 051955Z 15010G19KT 10SM SCT020 BKN050 BKN200 27/22 A2996 RMK AO2 T02670222

Check now for you

https://abload.de/img/hansf4pqd.jpg

Webcam:

In Sim:

I seriously hope that SMP comes out now. This is not my cup of tea.

Sorry my pic hosting site is not working tinypic - so have to find a new one - not good

Hans.jpggif image hosting

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

Check now for you

Good cloud depiction compared to RL, on the other hand the visibility looks way too high. Ironic given that XP11 has overdone haze! :smile:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Interesting. Nothing shown here. Just tried the other end of the world, looking for badbadweather and went to UAAA. Sunny spring there as well for XEnviro. Real visibility 50m. That's what irritates me about this product. It can look really good but you at the mercy of a server of one company. Tedious to disable/enable all other plugins to fly if XEnviro decides to take a break :nea:  

• Upvote 1

Hans

Interesting. Nothing shown here. Just tried the other end of the world, looking for badbadweather and went to UAAA. Sunny spring there as well for XEnviro. Real visibility 50m. That's what irritates me about this product. It can look really good but you at the mercy of a server of one company. Tedious to disable/enable all other plugins to fly if XEnviro decides to take a break :nea:  

Sure you dont have to play with the XP weather settings also or do you have xenviro shut off in plugin - I know stupid questions    :wink:

Rich Sennett