Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

Yep, all good now with XEnviro. Actually, it does work with MAXXFX, XEnviro is just not taken into consideration that MAXXFX is running, thus you can get unwanted color results if the MAXXFX settings and the assumptions of XEnviro collide. But most of the time the results are not bad at all. 

Hans

Yep, all good now with XEnviro. Actually, it does work with MAXXFX, XEnviro is just not taken into consideration that MAXXFX is running, thus you can get unwanted color results if the MAXXFX settings and the assumptions of XEnviro collide. But most of the time the results are not bad at all. 

Interesting how are you going about dealing with this posted on Their FB page which you prob all ready know  :wink:

Rich Sennett

They state that it is incompatible because they need to rely on their algorithms to reach their goal. I understand this. Knowing me, one can assume that I try other options as well. 

desktop12.06.2016-18.ekjtx.png

Hans

They state that it is incompatible because they need to rely on their algorithms to reach their goal. I understand this. Knowing me, one can assume that I try other options as well. 

Hard to see whats running top right hand corner Hans - what issues have you seen ? and how do you get around them - I went to Their facebook page and it stated its not compatible but a beta tester friend of mine said it might not be an issue will try tonight for sure

Rich Sennett

Up right it's the window of a plugin I use for slewing. When using both tools together just be careful not to overdo saturation and contrast in MAXXFX. The compression of the screenshots is too high. Will look for better alternatives. They don't do the graphics justice.

Hans

I tested this, though they work together but when i use max FX sliders and close it, XP 11  menu will disappear. 

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Up right it's the window of a plugin I use for slewing. When using both tools together just be careful not to overdo saturation and contrast in MAXXFX. The compression of the screenshots is too high. Will look for better alternatives. They don't do the graphics justice.

I tested this, though they work together but when i use max FX sliders and close it, XP 11  menu will disappear. 

Thank you Hans - just read this on FB page - Hans there is also a freeware program called blu-fx 4.0 or something like that was thinking of giving that a go also - that is suppose to work with xenviro

So, to conclude this discussion, I've looked at the program a little, and found the mistake of why my clouds were so flat. This program must be install in the Resorces/Plugin Folder. Whenever you insert a new plugin, it seems to be about the XEnviro, or to hinder the work of the program. By reinstalling XEnviro, it was not affected again. At least it is so with me, when inserting plugins. Is perhaps interesting for the support. Maybe I should log me somewhere as beta-tester.

It appears he just put plugin in the wrong folder so disregard his comment 

Rich Sennett

From the .Org...

Greating you, Dear Customers!! For sure!! At the given moment we are working with the best 3D modeler to make our clouds more realistic!!

Please be patient! New version will be released very soon!

I just watched this newly released SMP 4 preview video and thought I'd share...

I really wish that one of John's videos would show the draw distance from the ground and air in terms of distant weather and stratus clouds that are not a single uniform blanket like in SMP 2 and 3 (which I have purchased). I am waiting to decide whether to buy Xenviro or not, warts and all, but find it unusual that in SMP 4 there are not too many videos showing anything other than giant puffy cumulus clouds in the close vicinty of the aircraft like in the preview shots and videos such as this one...

I am not saying this in any disrespectful way to John or his work. Its just that, like many, I am desperate for an accurate depiction of realistic looking weather especially to give that 'being there' feel that Xenviro gives at least on the ground and at altitude. Probably I need to be more patient...lol

I just watched this newly released SMP 4 preview video and thought I'd share...

I really wish that one of John's videos would show the draw distance from the ground and air in terms of distant weather and stratus clouds that are not a single uniform blanket like in SMP 2 and 3 (which I have purchased). I am waiting to decide whether to buy Xenviro or not, warts and all, but find it unusual that in SMP 4 there are not too many videos showing anything other than giant puffy cumulus clouds in the close vicinty of the aircraft like in the preview shots and videos such as this one...

I am not saying this in any disrespectful way to John or his work. Its just that, like many, I am desperate for an accurate depiction of realistic looking weather especially to give that 'being there' feel that Xenviro gives at least on the ground and at altitude. Probably I need to be more patient...lol

I wouldn't hold my breath honestly. All the pictures I have seen have been as you describe. Cameron has even listed all the different cloud types that will be present in v4 (and are apparently present already in v3) but he hasn't provided any examples and I have yet to see them.

Once it's released we will find out if the clouds extend to the horizon.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I haven't posted any here but there are plenty of pics showing the increased cloud distance....

All my vids are during certain stages of development, when I see something I like I decide to post it....

Redpiper1 is working on our promo video and I asked him to highlight our new features, expect it soon :)

In the case of SMPv4, hopefully:

* the redrawing of clouds will disappear (i.e. suddenly there is overcast or clouds over runway, or the clouds or overcast suddenly disappear).

* the freezes in simulation when weather is updated will be fixed.

* the distance when flying in high altitudes is more great (it will, but is it enough?).

* the combination of clouds will be more varied.

I do own xEnviro and SMPv3, and for now I'm very satisifed with xEnviro. It uses its own advanced and seamless weather system, so you will see weatherfronts emerge, and it also does not tax your computer as much. I think SMP needs same type of system, I mean a weather injection system that works seamless. Sadly that is not offered with SMP, hopefully it will do in the future.

Also, with the SMPv4, I'm afraid it will not work so well on my computer, as I only have a GPU 3.5Gb VRAM, cranking up the settings will not work for me. But hopefully they managed this. We will see, I'm hoping for good things to happen in the future. These are both great products, and feeds different needs.

To conclude I think that SMP feeds VFR people which wants beautiful 3D clouds, but in static weather.

xEnviro is more broad, giving a very good overall representation of weather, but with the flaw of noticeable 2D clouds when you are close up.

• Upvote 3