Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

Gregda,  indeed, we are all looking at the product through our own lenses.

I, like you, love the far-distant views.  When I'm coming in close to the cloud deck, and transitioning to IFR, my head's already in the cockpit, so I don't see many of the "razor" clouds    :)

Still, for those that want and can, supporting the development of XE is a good thing--competition leads to breakthroughs!

Well said! I think xEnviro has huge potential ironing out one of the major shortcomings of X-Plane. And I think even in version 1.0 the glass as rather half full than half empty.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

And I think even in version 1.0 the glass as rather half full than half empty.

That's great but then I want to pay only $35 for it.

• Upvote 8

Yes it has 2d clouds and yes its looking flat sometimes but i think the below is an immersive feature from an IFR point of view ...reaching the clouds in the horizon...In the second screenshot i reached the upper clouds showing far in the horizon in the first screenshot.

Stunning shots Brother   :dance:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

I bought Xenviro yesterday despite my initial hesitation earlier in this thread. On balance, it is truly stunning and worth it (assuming they will update it for free and keep building on the product). Why is it worth it you may ask? Because it fundamentally changes the entire X-Plane simulator experience. Its like a completely new simulator. We spend most of our time in the skies in a flightsim and the visual difference and feeling of 'being there' compared with before is out of this world. The complaints about the resolution and 2d clouds whilst valid and hopefully will be updated and improved upon are really not that important compared to the overall result. Frankly, in real life when you look at clouds in the sky either on the ground or in the air, they are not crisp and sharp and are rather blurry with undefined edges at times. The 2d aspect is really not that noticeable and in many ways more realistic than some 3d offerings out there. I have only had one moment where I noticed the 2d effect and all other moments were spent picking my jaw up off the floor at how beautiful and realistic the view was. Yes, there is some work to be done but this is an amazing start. If you are sitting on the fence, I would strongly recommend purchasing it now. Life is short:) 70 USD one one hand is a lot for an addon but on the other hand its also not so much when you consider the pleasure that 70 USD will give you over a long period of time if you are simming each day.  

The snow effects combined with the lighting at night are out of this world as Richard's shots showed. And hopefully this is only the beginning. The draw distance is stunning too as well as the type of cloudscapes it builds on the horizon. The sky and atmosphere look so much better and change dynamically and in many ways combined with the lighting look better than Active Sky. The performance is also incredible.

Overall, I would rather have a very convincing and beautiful optical illusion of '3D-ness' than what I was experiencing before with the competing product where I could barely render any decent number of clouds without it bringing my machine to its knees. Anyway, the choice is always our own to make but so far I am impressed.

• Upvote 14

I must admit, although it has its bugs, I also think it has a lot of promise and even in its current state can produce great looking skies. I also like the way it handles wind layers and in particular it is much better at handling turbulence.

Have posted some shots here flying around the KSFO are and then out to KAUN.

Really did have some great skies - and I like the way it handles transitions.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkmGUkjXtWpskXdirRKEgA4bIBUP

cheers

Peter

Finally got a video made that shows some of what xEnviro can do. Bear with the first part (and the fact that I shot this for people not yet familiar with X-Plane), which is highlighting some of the X-Plane 11 textures etc. more broadly, but also shows xEnviro in clear conditions with slight haze. Later on there are cloud effects, rain, and some sunset / sunrise textures. I think it looks fantastic.

• Upvote 3

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Great job on the video!  X-Enviro's  sunrise and sunset textures are amazing.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I bought Xenviro yesterday despite my initial hesitation earlier in this thread. On balance, it is truly stunning and worth it (assuming they will update it for free and keep building on the product). Why is it worth it you may ask? Because it fundamentally changes the entire 

Perfectly stated  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Can X-Enviro draw clouds out to the horizon (looking from ground level)?

Yes, it does cloud draw to the horizon, both from ground and air views.

@RichardSennett is your signature banner a bit out of place in this thread? :)

REX is my Buddy's - yah never know maybe they will dive into XP one day

Rich Sennett