Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

winds are far from realistic still when approaching to land, they are too delayed somehow. If you arrive fast to a runway on a jetliner, i realized if you go around or do an intentional pattern to delay your arrival once flying over the airport, then winds adjust properly.

i think there is an issue on winds transitioning still. Not noticeable at altitude, but having 35 knots vs 9 knots doing a pattern, or having front vs tail wind over the runway makes a difference.

Yes, they tamed turbulence to the point being unrealistic (xplane 10.51 is overdone a bit specially at high altitude). Need improvement.

Another issue is METAR info when tuning the destination airport ATIS. They read current conditions not destination airport conditions. Too bad.

Having said that this product has potential

Manuel Merelles

Check this out:

Is that Xenviro ?  looks freaking awesome

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Check this out:

It looked neat until I noticed the same cloud puff bitmap used 4 or 5 times on the right side, when moving up out of the cloud layer. You can even see it in the still frame above.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Is that Xenviro ?  looks freaking awesome

SMP v4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Check this out:

What I don't like is that I constantly see things changing instantly... as if a light on some clouds is suddenly turned off. Kills the idea that you are looking at real clouds.

I just watched the xenviro review above. Although i can still see all issues that have forced me to stay far away from it, Thomas said a couple of things that triggered me and so i checked the xenviro roadmap (which i like it by itself since it shows that they are a well organized developers...something rare even among big companies....Eagle Dynamics...) and in their roadmap they will fix a couple of those issues that i find unacceptable. Now if they really reach those goals i would have to admit that it might become almost unavoidable product. 

Obviously before any acquisition i'll wait SMP 4 to be released but at this moment i'm starting to be dragged by xenviro, mainly because SMP 4.0 is a cloud texture software and RWC has never addressed some of XP weird behavior (eg. weather change during approach) at least not by itself (only with ventura sky). Ben has said that in the future might be some clouds update to default XP11 but there is no guarantee about an update to the whole weather engine, so i wouldn't hold my breath.

Check this out:

This youtuber has a few other videos on his channel published in the past week which look like thy are also using Skymaxx Pro 4 with one that has some nice looking snow. However, none of them have clouds that extend to the horizon, one of the main reasons I bought xEnviro over waiting for SMP 4.

When I consider the cost of all the payware weather add-ons I have for XP (SMP v3/RWC/FSGWRW) xEnviro is still the best value because it gets as close to AS16/AASCA as any add on can get.

If SMP v4  gives me better looking clouds and weather depiction to the horizon, then at $20 it will be a bargain for me. Otherwise, I'll have to get xEnviro.

• Upvote 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If SMP v4  gives me better looking clouds and weather depiction to the horizon, then at $20 it will be a bargain for me. Otherwise, I'll have to get xEnviro.

I'm in exactly the same crossroad, I've been very temped to purchase xE, but at $69 my wallet is holding me back to see what is new with SMP4, I hope the wait is worth it.  

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

winds are far from realistic still when approaching to land, they are too delayed somehow. If you arrive fast to a runway on a jetliner, i realized if you go around or do an intentional pattern to delay your arrival once flying over the airport, then winds adjust properly.

i think there is an issue on winds transitioning still. Not noticeable at altitude, but having 35 knots vs 9 knots doing a pattern, or having front vs tail wind over the runway makes a difference.

Yes, they tamed turbulence to the point being unrealistic (xplane 10.51 is overdone a bit specially at high altitude). Need improvement.

Another issue is METAR info when tuning the destination airport ATIS. They read current conditions not destination airport conditions. Too bad.

Having said that this product has potential

Thanks Manuel, I was thinking of giving the product a go but will hold off and see if those items are addressed.

For realistic flying winds are far more important than clouds to me.

NOOA does an excellent job in smoothing the default X-Plane turbulence and variability which are poorly modeled...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I also concur with Jcomm, you don't have to go with a payware weather injection plugin, the NOAA plugin is also a good alternative.