Sign in to follow this  
PAINMAN

Flytampa/FSDG EHAM and the NGX WIP pictures

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Depends on the traffic ai load.

If you raise the bar high you will struggle.

I have the ai at 50 % and I'm having around 20 to 30 fps.

A little lower in rush hour

You have to switch AI traffic completely off to give a valid answer to performance.

Well I don't know exactly what fps I do have without the ai.

But it's more anyways I can tell you that, and offcourse it depends on your system.

My system is probably not the same as his and my other settings are probably not the same as any one else.

Well I don't know exactly what fps I do have without the ai.

But it's more anyways I can tell you that, and offcourse it depends on your system.

My system is probably not the same as his and my other settings are probably not the same as any one else.

I know you cant compare, but I was hoping to get to know if it runs bad compared to any other addon scenery on tour system, since the aerosoft version was kind of FPS heavy no matter what Specsavers you have.

You have it set at 50% but didn't mention what AI traffic your using. WOAI, MTX or UT2.

Is this FSX or P3D?

Very nice, waiting for the comparison with the Aerosoft product!

I'm using WOAI and it's in p3d.

I didn't own aerosofts EHAM so I can't compare the 2 sorry.

My computer is quite old and it runs just fine so if you have a high end PC I don't see why it shouldn't run great

from the screenshots seems lacking in color fidelity than FT's other works.

have become bored of EU/US airports though that many have been done twice, wonder why no quality developer is yet covering FIMP, WSSS, FAOR and the likes.

I'm using WOAI and it's in p3d.

I didn't own aerosofts EHAM so I can't compare the 2 sorry.

My computer is quite old and it runs just fine so if you have a high end PC I don't see why it shouldn't run great

That's good to know and might explain some of the FPS hit you get. As you may know or WOAI uses FS9 models which will work but are not as efficient as using FSX native models. Also WOAI flight plans are (often) compiled using the 1% density setting for airliners which means that setting your slider to 50% is the same as setting it to 100%, unless you recompiled the flight plans and changed the density settings.

I havent recompiled anything so its all "straight out of the box".

Lacking in colour? my screenshots are taken straight from the sim with Active Sky 2016 real world weather and it was gray and rainy when the shots were taken.

And remember these shots are taken with an early beta and does not represent final product.

eham4.jpg

A nice day shot in comparison.

from the screenshots seems lacking in color fidelity than FT's other works.

have become bored of EU/US airports though that many have been done twice, wonder why no quality developer is yet covering FIMP, WSSS, FAOR and the likes.

I can see where you are coming from but I think a lot of people have been waiting for a new version of EHAM due to how bad performance wise the Aerosoft one is.

Do you have any higher res screens by any chance?

Seems the quality is quite poor on those small shots, to me it looks like aerosofts version from here ;)

Yes i use HDR on and the PTA tool.

Sorry i use paint to save the screenshots i dont know how to get them in higher res.

I don't think so, there is nothing on there website. But I read a post in the airdaily X website that it is on beta and there would be more news on Monday as to when it would be released.

No its not released and i dont have an answer to when either.

As i mentioned in the start of this thread its a Work In Progress.

Well looks like they just came out with it. Product page is online and even the "Buy Product" button is available. Haven't yet tried to buy it. Will try later

Yes its released. My question, I have Fly Tampa's St. Marteen and its great, but how does this one compare to the Aerosoft Amsterdam? Reason I ask is that Fly Tampa is priced at $30usd while Aerosoft is $23usd.

wonder why no quality developer is yet covering FIMP, WSSS, FAOR and the likes.

ImagineSim did WSSS, though I guess that was back in 2010, so I guess that depends on what your standards of quality are.

I would really love to see WSSS in FlyTampa style. It's one of my favorite airports and a huge gap in the P3D world, especially with that iconic tower.

Yes its released. My question, I have Fly Tampa's St. Marteen and its great, but how does this one compare to the Aerosoft Amsterdam? Reason I ask is that Fly Tampa is priced at $30usd while Aerosoft is $23usd.

Go for FlyTampa. Besides being newer, you'll probably get higher frame rates with FlyTampa as the Aerosoft version was known to be a bit of a slide show.

FT Amsterdam is better and more up to date with the changes. But do not forget to install the low res texture set or else you will OOM very easily in the PMDG aircrafts! - David Lee