Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

First contacts with Thargoids reported in Elite Dangerous

And if you barely know what Elite is and wouldn't know what a Thargoid was if it bit ya' then this is a useless post.  :wink:

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Thargoids

For old timers and new Elite players and space simulation fans though, this is pretty exciting, especially after months of buildup with strange artifacts found on moons and strange happenings across the galaxy.

The Thargoids are coming! (post dramatic gopher video here)

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

WOW! That was a bit epic! :cool:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

First time I saw a Thargoid ship it looked like this.

250px-Elite-thargoid.png

Evidently, Elite has come a long way since then.

• Upvote 5

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I haven't played Elite since the c64 days. Agree with you, Stans, it really has come a long way.

Craig

• Upvote 1

I played Elite on a C-64, then Elite Frontier on an Amiga 2000.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Holy moly! That was both epic and extremely intimidating. Anxious to see more!

I was introduced to Elite on a friend's BBC model B microcomputer. I was overjoyed when it came out on the ZX Spectrum (which I owned).

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

More on what's quickly become known as THE EVENT.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hiflyer thanks for your post I just bought this game    after researching it.  

• Upvote 1

Coolness!

Devons rig

By the way, here is a fairly good guide for beginners. And If you don't want to play solo but don't want to brave the whims of playing on a public server, Try joining a large private group like Mobius or Mobius PVE where the users have agreed to not attack each other, or otherwise be jerks.

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

Thanks for the vid. I bought it last night off steam but got caught up in the endless login loop  but did some googling earlier this am and found how to  solve that glitch so tonight after work I will install it

• Upvote 1

So how is it working out for you?

Devons rig

The Galactic powers react to the sightings.......

16 JAN 3303

Professor Ishmael Palin, independent scientist and leading authority on xeno-biological research, has added his voice to the debate over sightings of mysterious spacecraft.

In a statement, Professor Palin said:

"I have no wish to be alarmist, and I can understand why the galactic superpowers have issued a somewhat noncommittal response. But suggesting that these craft may be of human origin, or the product of a hoax, rather stretches plausibility."

"To my mind, there is a clear visual connection between these mysterious vessels, the shipwrecks found in HIP 17862 and the Pleiades, the Unknown Artefacts and the Unknown Probes. And I believe we can draw only one conclusion: we are sharing the galaxy with an intelligent non-human species. We therefore have an obligation to discover as much about this species, and its intentions, as possible."

Independent engineer Ram Tah, who has been leading research into the Synuefe ruins, also commented:

"I share Professor Palin's view that these reports are of great significance. But attempts to communicate with these vessels have proved fruitless, as have efforts to discern their point of origin. We must learn more about these ships and whoever – or whatever – is piloting them."

Devons rig

Sweet. I gotta get back in to ED. I stopped a while back after playing in an Oculus at a friends house. I just don't want to waste time playing on a measly hd display.  :Tounge:

• Upvote 1