Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

X-Plane 11 Beta 5 is out

Is anyone seeing Ai traffic flying around when you have none set?...seeing a drop in performance too even went down a notch, it seems to be when i look at specific areas while flying

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

Thanks for reply chuck about brakes - will try the renistialling with 5.

All the best

Denis B

Accidently found the Austin bobblehead in beta 5! Was the bobblehead in any of the other beta versions? Beta 5 is working great for me. No crashes as of yet. FPS is about the same but very smooth. The C172 still will not ID the navigational aids.

A tad careless of me I know... but I appear to have lost all of my AI Aircraft (either that or the French ATC's are on strike again). I have selected them in the Flight Config page but they are definitely awol.  Has anyone got any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

I dont think you will see any fps improvement until you actually see the sky banding issues get sorted out around that time is probably when we will see fps improved - that said its still butter smooth if your not looking at them

The sky banding is improved in pb5. The huge bands are now gone, at least on my setup. The sky looks good at dawn and dusk.

There is still a little bit of banding if you look hard for it in pb5, but there has always been a little of that in X-Plane. You can see it in XP10 if you look hard enough for it at dawn and dusk. The banding in XP11 pb5 is maybe a tiny bit more visible than it was in XP10, but it's miles better than in the early betas with those huge color gaps.

FWIW, I'm seeing similar frame rates in pb5 to earlier versions. I'm getting a minimum 40 fps and often higher at 1920x1200, unless I'm using a complex (or non-optimized) aircraft model where it drops into the mid 30's. So I don't know if they did any work on frame rate optimization yet, but it's not worse on my system with this beta.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Having some fun @KHAF with lotsa Z17 Orthos for California especially the west coast of San Francisco (could not find any good ortho for my country India ). Chasing VOR right now , performance i think is a tad better not other issues noticed as yet.  

Lol i got a CTD , was @KHAF chasing a VOR of 113.90 (woodside) using Ortho Z17 with W2XP America , guess my 8 GB RAM or the VRAM got choked hehe. But it looks so good with the Ortho

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

180.png

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I am also seeing some flickering textures in b5 (mainly inside the cockpit and on certain water bodies) with the reflections slider anywhere but all the way to the left (i.e. minimal).  I filed a bug on that - it does seem the shadow rendering is a little better than before (i.e. less flickering/jaggies)?

• Upvote 1

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

No change in FPS here. Still between 25-50, depending on conditions.

Here some of the new visual things I can see: the engines better interact with the ground, so it can be quite dusty now, with bush operations in dirty/grass airstrips.

58703674b50c3_WXZ8SusieAirTsingaMulue.jp

58703676e3de5_WXZ8SusieAirTsingaMuluf.jp

• Upvote 2

i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB (X-Plane 11, X-Plane 10)

i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz, 12GB RAM, GTX560M 3GB (X-Plane 9, FSX, FS2004)

The S-76 feels different. A little bit nervous.

There is some discussion in the .org forum, indicating that torque is now off, needing less power for hover and less tail rotor to compensate. So the same input you're used to from the collective may indeed make the S-76 and other helos feel overpowered and skittish.

It might have something to do with changes in overall propeller modeling in pb5 that are affecting the rotor efficiency. People are noticing fixed wing prop planes taxiing too fast as well. Anyway, here's the discussion:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/113166-v11-pb5-helicopter-rotor-modeling-changes/

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I would love to know what the flickering is about.  It's very distracting in the cockpit.  At first I thought I was parked next to a vehicle with flashing lights but looking outside, there isn't any flashing.

I should have stayed with beta3, since now my frames have decreased too.  :sad:

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Did you have a crash right at about 'finishing pre load', on the first run of B5? Just curious.

I did...didn't have that from B1 to B3.  After the first failed, CTD, I didn't have one after that. Weird.  I sense no 'improvement' in anything. Perhaps I am not looking for the differences in the right place...dunno...

No issues at all.

Aaron Tirrell

Performance seems to be a lot lower for me compared to pb3. In the IXEG 733 at cruising altitude and my fps is at 17 to 20. Before, I never fell bellow 30fps.

EDIT: It seems to be getting lower and lower.

• Upvote 1

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

There is some discussion in the .org forum, indicating that torque is now off, needing less power for hover and less tail rotor to compensate. So the same input you're used to from the collective may indeed make the S-76 and other helos feel overpowered and skittish.

It might have something to do with changes in overall propeller modeling in pb5 that are affecting the rotor efficiency. People are noticing fixed wing prop planes taxiing too fast as well. Anyway, here's the discussion:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/113166-v11-pb5-helicopter-rotor-modeling-changes/

Yes, the default C172 can now taxi (quite fast) at idle which is definitely not real-world. I also can't get it to idle at less than 1000 rpm even with the throttle completely closed, which I am pretty sure is not right either.

• Upvote 1

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

Is anyone seeing Ai traffic flying around when you have none set?...seeing a drop in performance too even went down a notch, it seems to be when i look at specific areas while flying

I too have noticed this.  I don't know how to turn it off so that there are no airplanes flying around with me.  This was also true of B3.  I have AI aircraft turned off on the "Edit Flight" menu.