Sign in to follow this  
Ivor Mills

Easy Fly

I know this is not the right question to ask, but please humour me. I have been getting familiar with the operation of my new 777, but I have yet to fly it!  It starts up cold and dark and  know I have a lot of reading to do to get from here to the runway, but is there an 'easy' mode, all systems running, press ctrl E to start as with the stock aircraft?

Maybe a replacement config? I look forward to the learning curve, but first, I would just like to fly this beauty!

Maybe a replacement config? I look forward to the learning curve, but first, I would just like to fly this beauty!

all  the answer  you seek  are  in the introduction  manual pdf  that came  with your  purchase  well worth  the  reading, note  you need  to add  your  full name  to your  post as per  the forum rules

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You can change the start up state inside the options menu in the FMC. If the aircraft loads in full cold and dark, hold down the MENU button on the FMC for a few seconds and it will start the FMC up and you can select one of the states. Amongst others, there is COLD AND DARK, SHORT TURN, LONG TURN and if I am not mistaken, there is one that has everything fired up and ready to go.

Thank you for your prompt reply, but I could not find the information I asked for.

Thank you Harvester, I am trying that now.

but I could not find the information I asked for.

the  information  is  all in the introduction manual  well worth reading  since  there  are  some  other  good info  in there  as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Plus there are a bunch of your tube videos that you can gleen info from.

​Watching a few of those wont hurt.

​Liam Reynolds

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Thank you, I loaded 'default' and it is close to what I was looking for. One other thing, purely during learning panel layout and functions, I seem to be lacking 'tooltips' even though it is set in FSX. I get the occasional one, but very sparse.If they are available on all functions, it would help a lot initially.

I get the occasional one, but very sparse.If they are available on all functions, it would help a lot initially.

I don't believe tooltips is available on all functions on the T7. Maybe default FSX aircraft. Enjoy the ones you have available.

DEFAULT - all you need to do is set flaps and apply power, and you will take off fine. It may not be realistic but it will work.

I believe PMDG policy is not to provide tooltips except where functions are not per the real aircraft manual or non-obvious (e.g. the magic screw click spot for TOGA), other than that you are expected to read the docs.  They have been fairly consistent on this and it's the same in the NGX.

Hi there,

Please dont see this as being rude or disrespectful at all, i am saying this with the utmost respect!!

You purchased an extremely high fidelity aircraft with intriqiute (spelling ?)  systems, i think you should explore the wonders that is the PMDG 777 and do the tuturial flights which came with the package, you will be totally amazed by it , and you dont need hours to setup and get to a runway to take off either, ok i must say i do have my flightplans loaded before hand, I usually fly in the changeover (taking over from previous crew), and for me i can within 10 minutes be ready to push back and hear those GE90 starting up, it all adds to the immense depth of this aircraft.

To spend approx $90 - 100 on a aircraft and just want to use it as a quickie then you could have used the stock standard 747/737 or Airbus that came with FSX, wouldnt have cost you anything.

Just take your time, the FMC isnt as daunting as it looks, most of it can be filled in with just a mere double click i.e. ZFW, CG etc...

You have this most amazing piece of art in your hands, learn to use it, you will not regret it for one day!

Happy flying, hope to hear you soon on VATSIM

Marius

• Upvote 2

Hi there,

Please dont see this as being rude or disrespectful at all, i am saying this with the utmost respect!!

You purchased an extremely high fidelity aircraft with intriqiute (spelling ?)  systems, i think you should explore the wonders that is the PMDG 777 and do the tuturial flights which came with the package, you will be totally amazed by it , and you dont need hours to setup and get to a runway to take off either, ok i must say i do have my flightplans loaded before hand, I usually fly in the changeover (taking over from previous crew), and for me i can within 10 minutes be ready to push back and hear those GE90 starting up, it all adds to the immense depth of this aircraft.

To spend approx $90 - 100 on a aircraft and just want to use it as a quickie then you could have used the stock standard 747/737 or Airbus that came with FSX, wouldnt have cost you anything.

Just take your time, the FMC isnt as daunting as it looks, most of it can be filled in with just a mere double click i.e. ZFW, CG etc...

You have this most amazing piece of art in your hands, learn to use it, you will not regret it for one day!

Happy flying, hope to hear you soon on VATSIM

Marius

Ditto.

IvorMills you don't need to learn everything before you start flying. Read the Introduction Manual to get familiarized with the 777  and then try the Tutorial 1. It's not that difficult, believe me. It's very, very rewarding when you can follow (just) the basic procedures and make a route. Even a short route! But go fly. You have one of the most amazing addons ever made (and one of the most sexy planes ever built!) on your hands, enjoy it. :wink: