Hoang

PACSIM Salt Lake released!

Hello everyone,

PACSIM has just released their most wanted product, Salt Lake Int. Airport and surrounding. By reading on the website this is a very large product with high recommend system settings.

Orbx FTX Vector and Global products are also very taxing on various computer systems based on our own tests. The two products impact VAS and FPS significantly when running in combination with any PMDG products, especially B737 NGX and B777 aircrafts, FSL A320, ASN and REX weather engines, and  any third party AI aircraft programs. It is recommended that Vector and Global be turned off when using any of the aircraft mentioned above when using KSLC scenery.

I own most of the above so I have concern about what they say. Really want to try it, but at the price $35 and PMDG 747 coming alive around this week which I will buy on day one, I have to give this a hold.

Anybody has tried it please leave a comment or advise here.

http://islandsim.com/salt-lake-city-int.html

Cheers!
Hoang Le

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not a developers I've purchased from before, plus a lot of territory seems to be covered so I'm going to wait until I see how the performance is, but it certainly looks great.

I have some of there earlier scenery and it's A+ in my book. Just landed in KSLC and found it to be very FPS friendly and talk about detailed. Once again PacSim has released another winner in my book.

Not a developers I've purchased from before, plus a lot of territory seems to be covered so I'm going to wait until I see how the performance is, but it certainly looks great.

Hi, their airports are great. I purchased their Taipei RCTP and very happy with it, both performance and VAS is amazing.

I have some of there earlier scenery and it's A+ in my book. Just landed in KSLC and found it to be very FPS friendly and talk about detailed. Once again PacSim has released another winner in my book.

Hello, thanks for your experience with it. How was the VAS when you fly into the airport? I have 2 OOM today when flying from EHAM - KSFO and really sad about it, trying to figure out why I can get OOM when I'm in middle of the air at FL360.

I wasn't measuring VAS but I saw no indication of heavy usage like some of my other Payware sceneries.

Just when I was beginning to think some scenery developers were losing focus, like a 3rd person walking around the airport, 3d terminal interiors and overly detailed parts you never see... 

My 4 year old rig....i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz / Core Speed 4199.0 MHz / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / 20G ram.
It performed at 25 FPS+. VAS was good. PMDG / 50% AI / AS16. This is what is important.

Nicely done Pacsim.

Greg

• Upvote 1

I have 2 OOM today when flying from EHAM - KSFO and really sad about it, trying to figure out why I can get OOM when I'm in middle of the air at FL360.

Hoang Le

I was always getting OOM CTDs when flying the PMDG B777 on long flights, but I learned recently that I could turn off the Shadercache in NVidia Profile Inspector for more VAS.  After that I was able to complete the flights without OOMs CTDs.  Hope this helps you.  Regarding KSLT, the developer is known for super optimizing their products for memory usage.  

Best

Hoang Le

I was always getting OOM CTDs when flying the PMDG B777 on long flights, but I learned recently that I could turn off the Shadercache in NVidia Profile Inspector for more VAS.  After that I was able to complete the flights without OOMs CTDs.  Hope this helps you.  Regarding KSLT, the developer is known for super optimizing their products for memory usage.  

Best

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I just changed it and will test it later. Actually I did this trick for the other game that I play but I did not know that it works with FSX:SE too :D

Besides, I fly long haul all the time, just that particular route from EHAM-KSFO that I have 2 OOM while in flight.

Cheers!

Hoang Le

I've got really tired of developers releasing sceneries that seem to have been developed purely for their looks and eye candy, rather than their performance. Now this is the latest thing, a developer suggesting you need to turn off other sceneries so it will work half decently! A darn joke! And what is 16Gb Memory recommended VIDEO Card all about? IMHO I'd MUCH rather fly airports such as UK2000 sceneries that are really nicely crafted and have great perfromance.

• Upvote 2

I've got really tired of developers releasing sceneries that seem to have been developed purely for their looks and eye candy, rather than their performance. Now this is the latest thing, a developer suggesting you need to turn off other sceneries so it will work half decently! A darn joke! And what is 16Gb Memory recommended VIDEO Card all about? IMHO I'd MUCH rather fly airports such as UK2000 sceneries that are really nicely crafted and have great perfromance.

You read it wrong. Not a 16gb video card. Also I run a system close to yours and the scenery is smooth as can be and I have turned off none of my settings or sceneries. I'm impressed with the details and FPS throughout. Way better than other big name developers, Atlanta, cough-cough that has poor performance regardless what you throw at it. If you see some of the early remarks on here and other sites you will see a common theme about PacSim KSLC. FrameRate friendly. 

MEMORY: 16Gb Memory recommended 

VIDEO Card: NVIDIA GeForce

You read it wrong. Not a 16gb video card. Also I run a system close to yours and the scenery is smooth as can be and I have turned off none of my settings or sceneries. I'm impressed with the details and FPS throughout. Way better than other big name developers, Atlanta, cough-cough that has poor performance regardless what you throw at it. If you see some of the early remarks on here and other sites you will see a common theme about PacSim KSLC. FrameRate friendly. 

MEMORY: 16Gb Memory recommended 

VIDEO Card: NVIDIA GeForce

Rockliffe what's all the ranting. Take a look at this: http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/1/29/livestream-replay-pacsim-salt-lake-city

And stand corrected you grumpy man :wink:. Especially watch the interview with Graham.

Hee hee, sorry for being a grumpy old man. I've just had  a bad day, again, trying to get P3D to work. I'm nearly there, but my last flight was setting up the NGX at CYVR (FSDT) and yes, within a couple of minutes an OOM! So I guess I'm just getting a  little tired of doing so many things just to get the darn thing to function rather than enjoy the flying. I think the day is dawning very soon for me to ump to XP. PS, I stand corrected.  :smile:

I visited the UK 30+ years ago. Mostly around London. Really enjoyed it. But, it would just quickly get boring, scenery wise, compared to the KSLC area!  :smile:    Nearly every real life flight of mine, was out of KSLC or two nearby airports. Awesome mountains around here! 

Purchased it as soon as it was released and I will say performance is excellent especially for a detailed area, the airport looks great and the Salt Lake area just as nice. I must say it's well worth the $35 price tag that IMHO is a steal for a detailed airport and the surrounding area. I cannot wait for PacSim Reno :)

I think the day is dawning very soon for me to ump to XP

Think twice about this. I've gone back to P3D.

Think twice about this. I've gone back to P3D.

Meh, XP is beta....  you'll be back :)

Just when I was beginning to think some scenery developers were losing focus, like a 3rd person walking around the airport, 3d terminal interiors and overly detailed parts you never see... 

My 4 year old rig....i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz / Core Speed 4199.0 MHz / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / 20G ram.

It performed at 25 FPS+. VAS was good. PMDG / 50% AI / AS16. This is what is important.

Nicely done Pacsim.

Greg

Good to hear performance and VAS are good! I have quite a few PacSim airports and have been very happy with all of them, but, when I saw that Salt Lake was a 5.82GB download, I have to admit I was a bit concerned about the potential VAS hit of this product. However, your experience is reassuring, particularly as my rig is pretty similar to yours.

BTW I completely agree with your comments about terminal interiors etc. I really wonder how many flight simmers ever bother to go inside these 3D terminals?? Certainly the only time I ever see the inside is when I accidentally taxi an aircraft into them!! 🤕

Bill

I did a quick run KSLC > KSTS last night with my XtremeLabs Lear with no issues at all.

Runs perfect.

Cheers,

Mark

I'll admit to not reading the install instructions (you need to download three .bin files before running the installer), but agree it is great. A great addition to all of their sceneries.

Ran into the same issue-support responded quickly to someone that didn't RTFM.

:smile:

Mark

Also, I fly my Lear pretty much everywhere these days. When going to the larger airports (FSDT, FlightBeam, etc.) frame rates inside the VC drop to high teens. Not so at KSLC. So, I guess it's not the Lear after all...great optimization done by the developer(s). :P  

Oh, I was just about to buy this when I noticed a comment at the bottom of the sales page which stated "NOT RECOMMENDED to run with Orbx FTX Vector and Global products".

Although I don't use FTX Vector, I do use FTX Global, so I wondered if anyone has tried Salt Lake City with this?

Bill

I do. Not an issue for me.

They dev might be trying to head off issues for those with middle of the road machines.

Haswell @ 4.4, Titan Black and SSDs here.

Cheers,

Mark