Sign in to follow this  
HarrySindle

Emirates SkyCargo Livery Request

Hello all,

I'm not sure about anyone else's opinions but for me, at least, the 747-400F should not come without an Emirates SkyCargo livery. Whilst this plane was in development, it was the one livery that I was really looking forward to, and I know a lot of my friends and other pilots were too.

Would it be possible for someone with the expertise to make this livery as it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Harry 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

+1

I've been waiting to see the Emirates SkyCargo as well as Etihad Cargo paints before I buy my first PMDG P3D addon. Hopefully some of the talented repainters that hang around here are able to take this on as a request.

• Upvote 1

I am surprised PMDG have not done them.. given they did all 3 for the 777 (-200LR, F and -300ER)

Hopefully some of the talented repainters that hang around here are able to take this on as a request.

They will.

Hi

It still needs a little bit of tweaking but is this something like the one you were after.

Jim Hodkinson

wosqw7so7rdninc7g.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hi

It still needs a little bit of tweaking but is this something like the one you were after.

Jim Hodkinson

wosqw7so7rdninc7g.jpg

Jim looking nice can you do for both Atlas and TNT operated EK Cargo liveries?

For example OO-THC and N497MC - David Lee

• Upvote 1

Hi Dave

Thank you for the generous comments they are appreciated, as for the other schemes I cannot see any reason not to (this registration is OO-THD), let me have a quick look around to make sure nothing other than the Operated by and registration has changed and I will add those when the final tweaks are done, I will be tomorrow UK time before I can make a start though but as soon as I have something worth taking for a spin I will let you know.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

• Upvote 1

Hi Dave

Thank you for the generous comments they are appreciated, as for the other schemes I cannot see any reason not to (this registration is OO-THD), let me have a quick look around to make sure nothing other than the Operated by and registration has changed and I will add those when the final tweaks are done, I will be tomorrow UK time before I can make a start though but as soon as I have something worth taking for a spin I will let you know.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Thank you for your great painting I am so bad the best I can do is create panel registration files.

Can you put the selcal on the registration plate like it has in the real planes?

OO-THC selcal ce-ds

OO-THD selcal ce-jp

N497MC selcal rs-lm

- David Lee

Hehe, I really had no idea anyone was working on it when I said "They will", but with the amount of painters out there loving this bird...I expect every livery that ever existed on a 747-400 series to be represented. :smile:

And besides, if nobody seemed to want to paint her, I've been known to paint one or two.  :wink:

Great paint Jim!   Keep them coming! :Applause:

Jim, thanks for taking this on! EK bird looks lovely already. Hope you'll also be able to put some time into N476MC which sports Etihads new colors and is operated by Atlas.

Hi folks

Well I have managed to get the Emirates scheme to a state that is worth taking for a spin so if you would like to try them out then here are the direct download link to the .ptp files

PMDG_747-4HAF(ER)_EK_OO-THC
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yppd16kf8h97dha/PMDG_747-4HAF%28ER%29_EK_OO-THC_01.zip

PMDG_747-4HAF(ER)_EK_OO-THD
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jw0okli1msh8cuu/PMDG_747-4HAF%28ER%29_EK_OO-THD_01.zip

and last but not least….

PMDG_747-4HAF(ER)_EK_N497MC
http://www.mediafire.com/file/82h4zwrk4i0x7zz/PMDG_747-4HAF%28ER%29_EK_N497MC_01.zip

Although there should not be any problems I have added my E-Mail to the Readme in the zip archives just in case, do not worry if I do not reply straight away it is due to me having really boring health issues that limit the amount of time I can spend sitting in front of my system and more importantly being able to do long haul.

Take care, and I hope they are what you were after.

Jim Hodkinson

P.S.

I will try my best to have a look at the Etihad scheme possibly tomorrow.

• Upvote 3

Thank you for your great painting I am so bad the best I can do is create panel registration files.

Can you put the selcal on the registration plate like it has in the real planes?

OO-THC selcal ce-ds

OO-THD selcal ce-jp

N497MC selcal rs-lm

- David Lee

I'm finishing up OO-THB

• Upvote 1

I will try my best to have a look at the Etihad scheme possibly tomorrow.

Thanks, Jim. I feel a bit selfish asking you to get on my request without being aware of your health situation. Here's wishing you an extremely speedy recovery!

Hi Karan

Please do not worry about it you were not being selfish and how could you know what my health status is, so do not worry on that score it is just old age and the various punishments

I have put these old bones through over the years, and I would not change a moment of it.

Take care and back when I have something for you to take for a spin, and thank you for the concern it is appreciated.

Jim Hodkinson

Edited by hodge001

Where do i put the ptp file?

In the PMDG Ops Center select the 747 product then livery manager, then add a livery and browse to where you put the ptp file best place is on your desktop - David Lee

Ah thanks very much.

Also is there any basic OMDW scenery? Emirates operate the B744F's fro mthere but can't find any scenery for P3D.

Ah thanks very much.

Also is there any basic OMDW scenery? Emirates operate the B744F's fro mthere but can't find any scenery for P3D.

No sadly that has stopped me flying to the area any freighter companies that don't serve omdb. FlyTampa have the area but omsj and omdw are not covered. in the avsim library try this file I don't think it's compatible with the FlyTampa though 

omdw_fsx.zip

- David Lee

Also is there any basic OMDW scenery? Emirates operate the B744F's fro mthere but can't find any scenery for P3D

Nothing yet other than basic AFCADs which should be okay since the airport itself is nowhere near the sight it's planned to be. We'll have to wait until this one comes out which does look like it will be payware quality.

Hi Folks

There is a pretty big mistake I made with the Emirates repaint packages in that they install into the 400F folder and not the 400ERF as they should have done,

my thanks to G van Veldhoven for letting me know anout the error.

I have no idea why I did that as I typed out ERF in the descriptions more than a couple of times when first installing them, well that’s old age for you I guess,

fortunately all is not lost as I have uploaded three new .ptp files with the correct information in them so if you download the new version you wanted you should

be good to go, so here are the new download links for the three versions (of the ERF this time sorry about that) I have run them at this end and they now perform

as they should have done in the first place…

For N497MC..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vlvqm88yyqn0qmn/PMDG_747-4HAF(ER)_EK_N497MC_02.zip

For OO-THC

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sbz90vcun67jhxy/PMDG_747-4HAF(ER)_EK_OO-THC_02.zip

And lastly for OO-THD

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rkal44s7xurnkan/PMDG_747-4HAF(ER)_EK_OO-THD_02.zip

Again my apologies for the lack of concentration on my part and if anyone should have any other issues then do please let me know and I will try my best to help

if I can.

Jim Hodkinson

P.S.

I will update the original post if I am able to with the updated download links, again my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused, and I promise I will get the hang of this repainting lark one day honest.

EDIT

it seems I cannot edit the original post containing the previous download links so I can only give my apologies again for any inconvenience.

Edited by hodge001
  • Upvote 1

Hi

You are more than welcome, as for myself well it is a bit like life in general you have so many good days and so many bad the trick is to find a balance that works for you,
I have yet to find the trick but I am working on it, and speaking of working on it I am having fun trying to get to grips with the patchwork quilt that is the Etihad Cargo livery
I will get there though even if I go mad in the meantime, it is an interesting scheme.

Take care and thank you for the good wishes it really is appreciated.

Jim Hodkinson

EDIT

The link below is a screen dump from ModelViewer of how she stands at the present time.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/vdhugurazizcjid/PMDG_QOTSII_Etihad_400ERF.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the livery I've been looking for one for the past few days, can't wait to fly it. I'm looking into doing a fictional PAX version of the 747 for Emirates if you could message me where you got the font that would be amazing I can't seem to find it anywhere at all.

Cheers