Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Interest for an update on the B55 and/or C310 ?

Hi Les,

Yes I had that problem too - Milviz messed up the latest installer in terms of references to the sounds I think.  I copied the folder "C310R_sounds" from the main Panel folder, into the other Panel folders (GTN, etc) and the sounds came back.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Hi Folks,

I've got a problem with that installer as well - does anyone else have the port nav light and tail beacon floating in the air about 5 or 6 feet to the left ? The starboard nav light seems fine...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

I've got a problem with that installer as well - does anyone else have the port nav light and tail beacon floating in the air about 5 or 6 feet to the left ? The starboard nav light seems fine...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott - don't think I'm seeing that in FSX:SE.  Are you P3D or FSX?

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Unfortunately, this solution doesn't work for me, sorry to say.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Unfortunately, this solution doesn't work for me, sorry to say.

Looking at the entry for the Milviz custom sounds in the panel.cfg, actually they should work with the "C310R_sounds" folder placed just in the main Panel folder (as it comes).  Copying them (as I did) to the other folders shouldn't be necessary from looking at the set up.

All I can say is that the custom sounds definitely didn't work when I first installed, but they definitely do now.

The other possible area is due to the changes that are made when you change options in the new MVS config exe.   Perhaps try "toggling" between the Cold & Dark setting, and without it.   Toggling the panel options etc.

Hopefully if someone can report the loss of sounds after installation with the latest installer to the MV forum, they'll fix it (I'm not on there yet).

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for responding...

I'm running P3D 3.4...

Maybe it's a local problem...

I've got post in the MilViz support forum - just waiting on a response...

Regards,

Scott

Thanks, Bill.  I'll mess around with those settings as you have suggested.  I get the nice "click" sounds all right, but no spin-up of the gyros or the avionics boot up.

Stew

Hi Folks,

Regards,

Scott

I have this as well with P3d. Pretty sure it's in the model itself, so no way to user-fix it.

I see this in both the Baron and Cessna, although different lights are misplaced. 

Just stay inside the aircraft  :BigGrin:

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hi Richie,

Thanks - well - at least now I know it's not just me and I can't fix it myself... Hah - I did look at the lighting section of the C310 and noted the comments that the lights were part of the model and not an effect... I tried an older version of the "Unified Installer" that didn't work either... Unfortunately - I deleted my original files where the aircraft and the GTN support were purchased separately - as they worked... Arrrgh... I'll have to wait for MilViz to fix it... Even when flying the VC - a quick glance to your left shows a big red UFO hovering off your port wing... Granted - I could just fly during the day and turn them all off - but - I want them to work correctly...

Regards,

Scott

Thanks, Bill.  I'll mess around with those settings as you have suggested.  I get the nice "click" sounds all right, but no spin-up of the gyros or the avionics boot up.

Hi Stew, yes that was the problem I had too - switch clicks worked but not the lovely gyro or avionics buzz - I just wish I could recall exactly the point that fixed it for me - I was trying so many things and lost track when the sounds returned.   But I am pretty sure it's related to when changes are made to the models/panels by the MVS config app.

Bill

Hi Folks,

Colin just replied on my issue over on the MilViz forum - they're a bit busy with the Beaver - but will look at C310 after it's release... I'd just suggest we get posts in on the MilViz Support Forum for the sound issue as well - as that's what MilViz works off of... If they're looking at one issue with the installer - it might prove most efficient to address all issues at the same time...

Regards,

Scott

I'd just suggest we get posts in on the MilViz Support Forum for the sound issue as well - as that's what MilViz works off of... If they're looking at one issue with the installer - it might prove most efficient to address all issues at the same time...

I submitted a post on the sound issue in the Milviz C310 Support Forum on 2/11.

Hi, folks.  Almost forgot about the sound issue.  Has there been a resolution?

Stew

Nope, not that I know of. I used my own resolution which amounted to returning to a much older update that pre-dated the MWAS (or whatever it's called) until the sound worked properly.  I will provide you the update/load number once I figure it out.

Hi Stew,

Ive been checking the C310 support forum on MilViz weekly - it's been pretty stagnate - the lights and sounds are still an issue as far as I a can tell - I truly miss flying her...

Regards,

Scott