Sign in to follow this  
Groovy_Kincaid

Air Canada's New Colours

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Love it.

Those toothpaste colors they had now were a bit too whatever for me.

• Upvote 1

I have to say I'm not a fan, looks like a revamp of the black (green) tail livery of the 90s which was my least favourite scheme...I wish there was more red in the paint scheme of Canada's biggest airline. Or even better, don't change the livery, I think the current one is really distinctive and great.

On a whole different topic, could you imagine if they did an orange CPAir retro paint? That would be amazing.

Not a big fan of the new scheme. But then again they suck as an airline so didn't exactly expect them to get this right.

• Upvote 1

Was never a fan of their current colours. I do love the retro maple leaf logo on the tail. Too bad it wasn't a red tail.

I actually saw some mockups of various liveries and there were a few that were much better.  

The return of the leaf logo is great to see. Use of black is wrong. Yes I agree mediocre at best from an airline that is mediocre at best. Therefore a perfect match

Speaking for myself, I must say, I like the new outfit.

As its just a question of personal taste, not a real subject for a paintersforum unless a painter makes a paint depicting the new livery and the discussion is about his work.
Our personal opinion about Air Canada as a company I would like not to be discussed/ventilated at the paintersforum.
Maybe Hangar-Chat might be the forum to go for this kinda things, though I am doubtfull about that too.

Its about painting here gentlemen, lets stick to that.

I fixed it 

D2kGV2J.jpg

Yours is way better than the one they've actually gone with. Black? Bit dour isn't it? I can understand having black engine nacelles on a Douglas DC-3 or Ford Trimotor, to make the exhaust stains look less obvious, but it's hardly needed for a modern high bypass turbofan engine. The new scheme looks positively funereal to me with all that black on it.

Air New Zealand has black engines, Etihad has black engines, whats the fuzz about?

The only negative aspect ( in my opinion ) of this new Air Canada dress is the fact its such a simple sceme.

Not a real challenge for painter.

On the other hand its ideal for beginning painters to start with.

• Upvote 1