Wink207

A2A C 182 Problem - ask help

Recommended Posts

Hi all:

I'm asking this question here as I just can't figure out how to register on their web page to ask them.

 

So I purchased the aircraft and installed it. All went smooth. Then I ran the configurator and selected the F1 GTN 750 option. I own the F1 GTN and have it installed on numerous aircraft. The C182 shows up on the F1 GTN configurator. So everything looks good. Checking the panel folder, everything looks ok there. The aircraft loads fine and looks good except it is showing the default GPS instead of the GTN. I've tried reinstalling it and I've searched through the A2A forum with no success. So has anyone seen this, or have any ideas?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have had this problem in the past.  Here are the steps I recorded to help me with installs in the future.

  • Note: Do not run "F1TGTNConfigP3D" after installing GTN 750.  If you did this first, it may be the problem.
  • Go ahead and run the A2A "C182 Aircraft Configurator_P3D" in Administrator mode and select Flight1/750
    • Note: If this step won't work, completely uninstall GTN 750 and A2A C182 and remove all folders.  Then start a fresh install of the A2A C182 followed by the GTN 750.  Then run the A2A "C182 Aircraft Configurator_P3D" first.  After that, run the "F1TGTNConfigP3D".
  • On first run in A2A C182, GTN750 will ask where GTN Trainer Lite is located.  Just point to the folder where it is located, and you're good to go.

Hope this works for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Before you try any advanced troubleshooting, make sure you go to the Shift+3 menu while in the plane and cycle through the available options (the relevant button will say GNS 400 by default).

 

Tym

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[EDIT:  Tym beat me to it! .... but yes, I am sure this is all you need to do]

 

Actually, I suspect you installed everything correctly for setting the 182 up to run with the GTN750....but......

 

There is one final step >  When in the aircraft, hit SHIFT+3 and in the pop up that comes up, look towards the lower half and the centre and there's an option for the GPS you want to use.  You only have to do this once - it remembers your setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[EDIT:  Tym beat me to it! .... but yes, I am sure this is all you need to do]

 

Actually, I suspect you installed everything correctly for setting the 182 up to run with the GTN750....but......

 

There is one final step >  When in the aircraft, hit SHIFT+3 and in the pop up that comes up, look towards the lower half and the centre and there's an option for the GPS you want to use.  You only have to do this once - it remembers your setting.

Thanks very much to all. It was exactly as each of you described. I executed the configurator as administrator, then launched Shift + 3, and bingo!! There was the GTN and it works perfectly. Thanks once again all!!

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all:

Well, I got the aircraft working but man on my system it is the most squirrelly I have ever flown and I have probably 15000 hrs over 20 years on various flightsims. First takeoff she nearly inverted when clear of the runway. So I reduced the torque and gyro sliders in FSX and that helped. Now I can make a respectable takeoff and transition to climb. Landings are a joke. No matter how slow I come over the fence (60-70 kts according to the manual), the aircraft floats down the runway and when touching down, bounces like a golf ball on concrete. I guess this is just a mismatch on my system. Back to the Duke. Oh well, not so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you downloaded and applied the current update. You really should get registered on the forums for support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this is just a mismatch on my system.

 

Something definitely isn't right.  Are your sim realism settings configured as recommended by A2A?  What type of controller are you using?  The airplane can be a bit challenging at times (that's part of its brilliance) but yours seems completely wonky.

 

Good luck,

 

Greg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A2A recommend and I use it for every airplane, controller sensitivity sliders 100% full that helps with delayed response from the airplane, the head of A2A did a short youtube video on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A2A recommend and I use it for every airplane, controller sensitivity sliders 100% full that helps with delayed response from the airplane, the head of A2A did a short youtube video on it. 

Hardest aircraft I've ever tried. I'll try your suggestion on the controls but I hate to mess with my control settings when it affects my entire hanger. The torque factor is really pronounced. I bent a prop today doing a crosswind landing. I must be doing something wrong with the power. I close the throttle to idle but even then it doesn't shed airspeed fast enough. Maybe I should be adjusting the prop somehow. I fly the Duke and have no trouble at all. I love flying high wings aircraft with the great view but this one may be just too hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do take the time to register for the A2A forums. Shortly after the C-182 was released, there were many discussions on the forum about how to set up the C-182 for landing and counter the aircraft's tendency to float over the runway. It's been a while, but I believe the solutions involved trimming the aircraft carefully on approach. Distribution of weight in the aircraft can also be a factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2017 at 1:00 PM, silverheels2 said:

Hardest aircraft I've ever tried. I'll try your suggestion on the controls but I hate to mess with my control settings when it affects my entire hanger. The torque factor is really pronounced. I bent a prop today doing a crosswind landing. I must be doing something wrong with the power. I close the throttle to idle but even then it doesn't shed airspeed fast enough. Maybe I should be adjusting the prop somehow. I fly the Duke and have no trouble at all. I love flying high wings aircraft with the great view but this one may be just too hard.

Sorry to dig/necro this up but did you find a solution for this?

You reduced RPM as you cut the throttle? If you just manipulate the throttle it will wait until it is close to one (20%) extreme or the other (80%) before you hear and feel the affect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zatoichi said:

Sorry to dig/necro this up but did you find a solution for this?

You reduced RPM as you cut the throttle? If you just manipulate the throttle it will wait until it is close to one (20%) extreme or the other (80%) before you hear and feel the affect.

Thank you for your help but sadly I uninstalled this aircraft and moved on. Just too weird on my system, and I emphasize on my system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I'm sure it won't be a popular opinion - but - as someone with time in a real C182 that is one of the easiest planes to fly - the A2A Skylane is a bit squirrelly and I think some of the effects like the rolling tendency after takeoff or ground effect are a tad overdone making it one of the hardest planes I've ever flown in flight sim as well - I've managed to overcome these effects through repetition but the Skylane is pretty docile in real life and I think the FDE could use a little work... Your mileage may vary...

Regards,

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now