Jim Young

What's New in Virtual Reality? Links to the Latest

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

https://imgur.com/gallery/ITaGv

What’s new is being experimented with, with  varying degrees of success.  Vive and Oculus are pretty well covered. Here is a group on Aviation and the new kid on the block, Windows Mixed Reality(WMR)...hugely compatible with Rift and Vive...and...though in the growing stages, X-Plane native VR.

WMR has been SteamVR COMPATIBLE since Christmas eve.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1775593632748115/

Chas

For some reason VR is not showing up in my view section of P3dv4 anymore,,,any ideas?

Steam vr is installed? have you checked all connections?

On 2/5/2018 at 9:15 AM, warbirds said:

For some reason VR is not showing up in my view section of P3dv4 anymore,,,any ideas?

Did you solve this Warbirds?  If not, PM me

19 hours ago, FLHXRider said:

Just received an Oculus Rift as a gift.  Intrigued at the possibilities...

Congratz!!

On 26/02/2018 at 2:58 AM, FLHXRider said:

Just received an Oculus Rift as a gift.  Intrigued at the possibilities...

If you’re an aviator, you should have bought one if these a year ago! No excuses now.

:biggrin:

As you fly boeings, id suggest x-plane 11.20 rc1 with the freeware Zibo 737, using native vr and orthoscenery. Make sure you have the hand controllers. A great VR flight experience.

if you prefer p3d, native 4.2 VR with the PMDG 737/747/777 is good fun, but the x-plane experience is currently better overall (smoother, looks more realistic, and lets you use hand controllers)

22 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

If you’re an aviator, you should have bought one if these a year ago! No excuses now.

:biggrin:

As you fly boeings, id suggest x-plane 11.20 rc1 with the freeware Zibo 737, using native vr and orthoscenery. Make sure you have the hand controllers. A great VR flight experience.

if you prefer p3d, native 4.2 VR with the PMDG 737/747/777 is good fun, but the x-plane experience is currently better overall (smoother, looks more realistic, and lets you use hand controllers)

Thanks for the advice!  Now if I can just get the hand controllers to be sensed consistently...

3 hours ago, FLHXRider said:

Thanks for the advice!  Now if I can just get the hand controllers to be sensed consistently...

Its recommended not to sit at your desk, but to pull a chair back into the middle of the room so the controllers have line of sight, and you have plenty of free room for movement.

10 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Its recommended not to sit at your desk, but to pull a chair back into the middle of the room so the controllers have line of sight, and you have plenty of free room for movement.

Thanks!  Took an online chat and an update to some USB drivers and Oculus' drivers to get it sorted out.

Posted (edited)
On 2/5/2018 at 8:15 AM, warbirds said:

or some reason VR is not showing up in my view section of P3dv4 anymore,,,any ideas?

Reinstall the client and thats what fixed it for me.

ps make sure you uninstall client first as you can run into activation problems

Regards Ted Kiser

Edited by frieone