HiFlyer

Air Emergency Rescue Whale

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's just weird! :/

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, n4gix said:

That's just weird! :/

That's part of the humor.... It's kind of a sendoff unlikely and stupid superheros that cause more problems than they fix. Rescue Whale has other adventures and lots of fans, but you kind of have to be in on the joke that it's supposed to be absurd, before you eventually get it. Also, its very british. :tw_flushed:

Oh, I'm sure that some find it entertaining. What is lower class than even sophomoric humour anyway? post-118906-0-30347300-1407263951.gif

22 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Also, its very British

Oh really? Don't think so.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ron Attwood said:

Oh really? Don't think so.

Yup. You can kind of tell by the accents and the fact that the creators are brits.

29 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Oh, I'm sure that some find it entertaining. What is lower class than even sophomoric humour anyway? post-118906-0-30347300-1407263951.gif

Hmmmm..... I don't think you would like the Narhwal video then either, yet this and others of Weebl's (and Tomskas) videos have millions of views/fans and many offshoots and imitators.  :tw_glasses:

Infinite diversity in infinite combinations!

Woah tough crowd, tough crowd...

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.
I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
My mother had morning sickness after I was born.
I found there was only one way to look thin: hang out with fat people.
I looked up my family tree and found three dogs using it.
My marriage is on the rocks again, yeah, my wife just broke up with her boyfriend.
I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.
When I played in the sandbox, the cat kept covering me up.
A girl phoned me the other day and said... 'Come on over, there's nobody home.' I went over. Nobody was home.
I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.

-Rodney Dangerfield
  • Upvote 1

Hmmm... tough crowd indeed and I'm one of them. I'm an Englishman and I couldn't find it funny - weird and stupid yes. Now, cat fail videos on youtube: I've cried laughing at those.

Each to their own :cool:

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, ytzpilot said:

Woah tough crowd, tough crowd...

Eh. Demographics. I'm kind of accustomed to it, as I've always been pretty resolutely eclectic. You should see how my more Hip-Hop, Rock and Rap oriented friends react to my classical music and opera! :laugh:

• Upvote 1

I just deleted all the Germans off my mobile phone's contact list - I wanted a Hans-free phone. :laugh:

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Infinite diversity in infinite combinations!

Infinita in infinitis diversis!

Infinitum absurdum et prorsus inepte. :tongue:

34 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Infinita in infinitis diversis!

Infinitum absurdum et prorsus inepte. :tongue:

Homo sum humani a me nihil alienum puto. 

I think that should be my life phrase.

Works for me - but then, I'm also a fan of The Tick, among other subversions.  

Thanks for posting, HiFlyer.

49 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

Works for me - but then, I'm also a fan of The Tick, among other subversions.  

Thanks for posting, HiFlyer.

I remember The Tick. Like Aeon Flux and a few others, it's one of those guilty and mostly solitary pleasures (like Monty Python) that often have to be enjoyed solo, as people around you usually have no idea what you're laughing at, or why.

Speaking of Monty Python, all these years of my life later, I've only found maybe a bare handful of other people who laugh out loud at exploding cows, or fish slapping dances, or the ministry of silly walks.

Eh. 

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

Speaking of Monty Python, all these years of my life later, I've only found maybe a bare handful of other people who laugh out loud at exploding cows, or fish slapping dances, or the ministry of silly walks.

Python was never a solitary pleasure for me - big thing in my circle, still is.  Guess I'm traveling with the wrong (i.e., right) crowd.

As for the Avsim reaction - I didn't expect this sort of Spanish Inquisition...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alan_A said:

Python was never a solitary pleasure for me - big thing in my circle, still is.  Guess I'm traveling with the wrong (i.e., right) crowd.

As for the Avsim reaction - I didn't expect this sort of Spanish Inquisition...

Spanish Inquisition? Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! :cool:

Maybe soon though, somebody particularly sadistic will subject me to the comfy pillow. (Then you have to explain the whole double entendre about that and the Siege Perilous and...... eh) 

If you don't get such things right away, it's very hard to explain. I never had a crowd who "Got it" but my nieces and nephews caught the bug from me, and are now also considered quite weird by their friends. :laugh:

One stepson always keeps at least one can of Spam in the house........

• Upvote 1

Another movie I laugh so hard at was Being There (Peter Sellers). Saw it in the theatre once and I was the only one laughing, people kept looking at me funny. I saw The Party the same week and everyone laughs at that one

I still say Chauncey Gardener was his best character. The original Forrest Gump if you ask me 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I never had a crowd who "Got it" but my nieces and nephews caught the bug from me, and are now also considered quite weird by their friends. :laugh:

One stepson always keeps at least one can of Spam in the house........

Ah, so you're seeding the next generation of the underground!  Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, ytzpilot said:

I still say Chauncey Gardener was his best character. The original Forrest Gump if you ask me 

But much, much darker.  Therefore much, much better.

• Upvote 1

Ah, it's been too long.  Thanks - was overdue for a visit from the Spanish Inquisition!

• Upvote 1