Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Captainsim 757 version 2.2, How is it?

Hello all,

I am currently looking for a new airliner for the fs9 platform.

Having said that I am aware that new products for this older platform are slim to none. I have the IFLY 747 in my sights however at this time the 60$ price point Is not in the budget. I am eyeing the Captain sim 757 at a low price point of 9.99$ which seems fairly cheap and fairly nice judging by the screenshots. I have done a bit of research on the product and am quite confused, I read a review that has it pegged as a very good airliner, while most post suggest it is an unfinished product with problems with the autopilot such as ils approach weaving etc.(Mind you these are all older post back 8 years ago or so)

Just figured Id ask myself and see what kind of responses I get, In your opinion how is the captain sim 757 version 2.2? Is it worth the low 10$ price tag? Should I skip it and just put that 10$ towards the ifly 747? or another other aircraft?

I'm a Systems simulation type of flyer, I have the IFLY 737 as well as the Level D 767. I have just recently reinstalled fs9 as the performance I get is much much better than the other platforms, so its a case of LESS IS MORE by reverting back to fs9. However for the life of me cant get the LDS 767 to work properly, perhaps its because im on win 7 64Bit hence why im considering the CS757 to keep me busy while I Tinker with the budget to go ahead and grab the IFLY 747.

So back to my main question, How is the CS757? systems, exterior model, any wingviews etc?

Thanks

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I don't have the CS757, but BBS is selling the PSS 757 at € 10. I have it and like it. Actually I like more the 777, same price, but you didn't ask for it.

Back to topic, since I don't have the CS 757, I'll compare it with the PSS based on reviews: PSS has deeper systems and good FDE, while CS has good visuals.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Thanks for the reply,

Your right I didn't ask for it but more certainly open to suggestions and appreciate it.

Ill check it out for sure.

Thanks again.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Hi There,

I run FS9 on Win 7 x64. I have Level D and have no problems. 

I also have CS 757. For me, there are frame rate issues. So much so, that my enjoyment of that model is less than desirable. I do have PSS 777 and enjoy that.

I have both iFly 737 & 747. I enjoy both of those as well.

My personal recommendation would be to do what you can to get 767 working. It's dated but is in my opinion, the most enjoyable aircraft for FS9. The PSS 777 would probably be my recommendation for budgetary reasons if you need a new model.

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

Again I have no experience of the CS757, but do use the LDS 767 on FS9 with win7 64bit. What are the issues you are having?

Have you applied the FS9.1 update?

Where have you installed FS9 on your system?

Have you turned off UAC in windows?

Have you told your AV program to ignore your FS9 installation?

Peter Schluter

Its a weird problem, The aircraft loads fine, works properly, however when i'm in the vc absolutely nothing is clickable but everything is "on", throttles working properly, flaps lever working etc, but nothing is clickable.

When cycling through the between the vc and 2d views using the "s" key the 2D cockpit doesn't show up.

I have the 9.1 update installed, I have fs installed in program filesx86 (I know this isn't advised but in all reality I have had it installed there for years and years and never had any issues, even with the level d 767 Ive never once had a problem with the aircraft and have been using it for years, its just recently I have decided to reinstall fs9 as I get great performance and all of a sudden the level d wont work, no issues with any other aircraft)

UAC set to off.
Antivirus Is allowing all necessary programs.

And after about 15 minutes of my last I post I completely fixed the issue.
The "old" 767 cant run properly at today's higher resolutions, turning the resolution down fixed it all, Im quite happy as now I can just hold off till i get the ifly 747 and can start running the 767 again!!!

• Upvote 1

CS 757 isn't  great. The UPS 757 PF the entrance door is in the wrong location and it does not have an entrance/catering door on the opposite side of the aircraft. the CS one does. The flight dynamics are not great either. The PSS one has some errors on the horizontal stabilizer and elevators not moving on one side.

The CS one has more  eye candy if that is your thing than the PSS one.

$10.00 for either one is probably worth it. I use my own panel rather than the ones both provide.

I used the CS 757 for quite a while in my FS9 days as it was the only one available for a few years and, although it was modelled beautifully both inside and out, performance was a bit of an issue as were some of the systems including the reliability of the autopilot, if I remember correctly. I eventually replaced it with the better Quality Wings 757 once it became available. One other small point is that I think CS stopped providing support for their FS9 products a few years ago (but I am open to correction if I am wrong), although that may not be much of a consideration if it only costs $10!

Bill

Hi

I have the CS757 however it remains uninstalled after little usage. My system didn't like it.

I use the old PSS757 and as someone mentioned earlier blackbox are selling it now for e9.99. I love it and it has been my main jet for a few years now I don't really fly much else. It may not be so nicely textured as the CS 757 but systems wise it's pretty good.  I recommend maybe buying a nice sound set for it for a better engine sound (the ones that come with it are fine however)

The only issue that I have and there is no fix I know of. If you pop up the ND gauge when flying in the VC then close it it will be frozen and to unfreeze i hit shift +1 to open the 2d panel and close. It's no big issue now I just don't pop out the gauge :-)

I have the CS757 on FS9 and it is excellent. On my system it causes no performance issues. As it's been on the market for a while and initially got a lot of criticism, it's now bug-free and very stable as CS made a number of fixes and updates.

Whatever you do, don't buy the QW 757. It is supposed to be "systems lite" which is fine with me and visually it's great, plus you get an amazing number of variations and pain schemes. But the instrument refresh rate is very slow and so it's a real performance hog. I know there will be some who disagree with me, but I've tried it several times after making system changes, including recently installing an NVidia GTX 1060 Gigabyte video card and it still was bad.

The CS757 definitely demands that you do your homework - it's not a kick the tires and light the fires addon. But it will not disappoint you if you are a serious simmer who wants a full-systems addon

I have the QW 757 and enjoy it a lot,

CS seem to be better with the likes of the 707, which I have but haven't gotten round to learning it yet.

But I would definetly reccomend the iFly 747, a super a/c, I think it's the best we'll get in FS9.

I love the three FMCs, all the info you need is there. And it has a working terrain radar.

Just fantastic.