DTG_Cryss

DTG_Cryss Signing On

Hey, 

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, my name is Cryss and I'll be taking over from Martin as the Community Manager on Dovetail's Flight Sim products. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all a little better and in the near future sharing a little more about our upcoming flight sim. 

Until then, keep an eye on the news or simply say hello! 

Kindest

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Cryss, welcome to Avsim. We've got a passionate but sometimes impatient group here, so keep your flak jacket on! :biggrin:

Looking forward to any updates on your new sim,

Ted

• Upvote 1

Thanks Ted, 

I know that impatient feeling you get when you've been looking forward to something for such a long time. 

Hopefully will have some good news to share shortly :) 

• Upvote 2

Welcome to AVSIM, Cryss. I am one of the janitors here at AVSIM who's task is to help keep the place tidy.

• Upvote 1

Looking forwarded to hearing from you Cryss in the near future and good luck with the new product.

Ray Fry. 

• Upvote 1

Welcome aboard Cryss. Looking forward to hearing about what DTG have planned. :cool:

• Upvote 1

Hi Cryss, I hope you brought your flameproof overalls and cap as you'll need them. Whatever this mythical FS looks like, whenever it eventually crawls out from the woodwork, you're going to get roasted as it undoubtedly won't meet expectations. How realistic those expectations are, is another matter altogether.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the warning Sam, 

Luckily I've already played League of Legends, so through the fire and the flames, I'll carry on. 

That said, honestly I'm looking forward to getting some feedback and ensuring that the ongoing development of our flight sim tries to meet your expectations, regardless of how lofty they may seem. 

Hi Cryss, welcome. It's great to see the continuing outreach from DTG.

I think we're all eager to give feedback but there's been nothing to comment on as yet. Would you say that this new DTG title will be quite a bit different from FSX:SE? I'm imagining a completely new flightsim game even though the internals (the "engine") is a taken from FSX (and maybe even some code from MS Flight?).

10 hours ago, DTG_Cryss said:

I'm looking forward to getting some feedback and ensuring that the ongoing development of our flight sim tries to meet your expectations, regardless of how lofty they may seem. 

If it runs at anything less than 600 frames per second on a 15 year old PC, takes up more than 250Mb on a hard drive, doesn't look like Industrial Light and Magic outdid themselves when creating the graphics for it, costs more than 20 quid, doesn't make a full-motion Level D check-flight simulator look like clockwork toy plane running along the ground in comparison, and doesn't also cure all diseases known to man and create world peace whilst doing so, then I can pretty much guarantee some flight simmer will moan about it. :laugh:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Chock said:

If it runs at anything less than 600 frames per second on a 15 year old PC, takes up more than 250Mb on a hard drive, doesn't look like Industrial Light and Magic outdid themselves when creating the graphics for it, costs more than 20 quid, doesn't make a full-motion Level D check-flight simulator look like clockwork toy plane running along the ground in comparison, and doesn't also cure all diseases known to man and create world peace whilst doing so, then I can pretty much guarantee some flight simmer will moan about it. :laugh:

Ha Ha good one :biggrin:.

• Upvote 1

Hi Cryss, Thanks for the introduction,

Very excited to see what the DTG team comes up with, I'm sure it will be fantastic!

All the very best to you and the DTG guys and gals and as I've said to Martin in the past, Thank you for taking on Flight Simulation and putting up with our very very very passionate group :biggrin:

Cheers,

Greg Z

• Upvote 1

On 03/04/2017 at 9:14 PM, Chock said:

If it runs at anything less than 600 frames per second on a 15 year old PC

I just want it to run on my Pentium 2 okay, if to do that I need to run it in MS Dos, then so be it! 

Say Cryss, are you going to FlightSimCon in June? If so, I'll see you there! ::anonymose:

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, n4gix said:

Say Cryss, are you going to FlightSimCon in June? If so, I'll see you there! ::anonymose:

Fingers crossed! :) 

I'm a bit late to the party but I too want to welcome you to Avsim. As Chock has indicated, it can be a pretty rough crowd around here at times, kind of like pub time after a rival match, but don't despair it's all good. I've seen just about all versions of flight sims hit the deck here, take their beatings, and keep on ticking. Wish you the same. And, as Bill said, we are the cleanup crew which makes life interesting at times. Especially at the release of a new product or an update.:laugh:

• Upvote 1

Hi Cryss!

I just wanna say that when I first read your name I thought it was "Crysis".

2 hours ago, fsxkitty said:

Hi Cryss!

I just wanna say that when I first read your name I thought it was "Crysis".

At least you didn't assume it was Crysst with a silent T, despite me explaining that you'd still write a silent T...