Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Aerosoft CRJ 10% off - to be released Jun 22

11 hours ago, RedSpinnaker said:

Optimistic much? :)

I'm laughing with them not at them. The CRJ thread on the official Aerosoft  forum is quite funny as the developers   have been poking fun at themselves for the delays and false starts. I suspect that at least some of the recent delay has to do with the Grand Procrastinator, Lockheed  Martin. The rumors of a a 64 bit P3d has been a veritable  speed brake on the whole flight sim industry.

1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

As I said elsewhere in the thread, all of the info came from the store.  I don't follow the CRJ that much so, when I found out about the 10% discount I went to the page and saw it.  It says it requires NavDataPro and makes no mention of Navigraph so I just believed them.  (Someone above pointed out that, somewhere in the biggest-thread-I've-seen-in-my-life, they said they would be supporting Navigraph.)  I also noticed the release date on the page so I believed that too but I took it as a goal even though it says release date.  So, intentional falsehoods?...no...only the info provided on the page.  It would be nice if they'd correct the page so that people like me that don't follow it much don't repeat it.  It's been an unusual product and, I'd imagine at this point, many people don't want to hear anything about it until it's released.  Mum's the word until then.

My point still stands. Just because they don't mention Navigraph, doesn't mean it won't be supported. In fact they have said on many occasions that it will be supported. And also the "release date" you speak of is nothing more than a place holder. They have also stated this many times in the past.

And I never said that you "intentionally" created falsehoods. I said that you made false claims. Which you did. Intention or not. As a matter of fact I never for minute thought you did it intentionally. But your post was very misleading.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

16 hours ago, pracines said:

Why the question about Navigraph? Mathijs makes is very clear that Navigraph is and always will be supported.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/33966-aerosoft-da-crj-preview/&page=110#comment-588540

Woohoo...the purchase is back on again. You'd think my aircraft backlog wasn't long enough already.

If they get this one out the door and Milviz get their King Air out the door my life will be complete. At least until the next nice thing comes along...

2 hours ago, Jimm said:

Yes, according to the webpage, which I linked here: http://www.aerosoft.com/us/fsxp3d/pre-order/1638/crj-700/900-x?c=368 , it does indeed show that the product WILL be released on June 22nd

I kinda doubt that.

I really don't think this date on their webshop, has anything to do with an actual release date. It's a placeholder that (apparently) must be set in their shopping system, because other sites (like Amazon) need it.

It's been stated countless times, on Aerosofts forums, that the dates on their shops, have no real say.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

14 minutes ago, Anders Gron said:

I kinda doubt that.

I really don't think this date on their webshop, has anything to do with an actual release date. It's a placeholder that (apparently) must be set in their shopping system, because other sites (like Amazon) need it.

It's been stated countless times, on Aerosofts forums, that the dates on their shops, have no real say.

You took that statement out of context and I shouldn't be surprised.  I only emphasized the one word, as a bit of sarcasm, considering that most of us who have followed the development of the project as well as the many statements AS has made about the release, know the date isn't necessarily written in stone.  If you had read the rest of my post, to which you had only made a quote from a portion, you would know I had been following the product's development and I am well aware of the repeated delays.

I call BS on AS's excuse that they have to have a date in their product descriptions.  It's their store, so they can do whatever they want, including leaving out the date and even if they need something there, why not use TBD (To Be Determined) or TBA (To Be Announced)...pretty simple and it wouldn't mislead the public.

By the way Anders, your last statement, "It's been stated countless times, on Aerosofts forums, that the dates on their shops, have no real say.", has been stated countless times...we're beating a dead horse.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

just imagin the wait for the 1st service pack to correct the issues/errors that the beta testers miss,it usually takes a couple for most adds on to be OK,and the thousands of posts asking if any one has tried it yet before they take the plunge and purchase it,and how good will the graphics be the thing was started how many yrs ago is it possible they will be up to the best available today?,I believe I read it is mostly the work of just one man i bet he must be sick of the sight of that CRJ,the bloke needs a medal for sticking with it,thats if he ever finishes it,did it not Aerosoft once have a count down to the release day on AirdailyX LOL

Peter

17 minutes ago, wizzards said:

just imagin the wait for the 1st service pack to correct the issues/errors that the beta testers miss,it usually takes a couple for most adds on to be OK,and the thousands of posts asking if any one has tried it yet before they take the plunge and purchase it,and how good will the graphics be the thing was started how many yrs ago is it possible they will be up to the best available today?,I believe I read it is mostly the work of just one man i bet he must be sick of the sight of that CRJ,the bloke needs a medal for sticking with it,thats if he ever finishes it,did it not Aerosoft once have a count down to the release day on AirdailyX LOL

Peter

Looking at the years of development, I dont expect many bugs ;-) *being cynical mode off*

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

56 minutes ago, Jimm said:

You took that statement out of context and I shouldn't be surprised.  I only emphasized the one word, as a bit of sarcasm, considering that most of us who have followed the development of the project as well as the many statements AS has made about the release, know the date isn't necessarily written in stone.  If you had read the rest of my post, to which you had only made a quote from a portion, you would know I had been following the product's development and I am well aware of the repeated delays.

I call BS on AS's excuse that they have to have a date in their product descriptions.  It's their store, so they can do whatever they want, including leaving out the date and even if they need something there, why not use TBD (To Be Determined) or TBA (To Be Announced)...pretty simple and it wouldn't mislead the public.

By the way Anders, your last statement, "It's been stated countless times, on Aerosofts forums, that the dates on their shops, have no real say.", has been stated countless times...we're beating a dead horse.

Woah!!! Chlll, please.

I'm terribly sorry, if I stepped on you toes!! I was in NO way trying to be offensive towards you or anything you've written. I'm SO tired of people getting up in the red, just because you have a 'counter-opinion' ... *sigh*

I will for the future try to avoid quoting you, since you obviously are getting so angry and lash out.

Again. I apologize. 

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Hi Folks,

I've been a huge fan of Digital Aviation over the years - waiting on the CRJ has cost me nothing - regional jets is about as big as I go - loved my very old Feelthere ERJ - maybe the CRJ is my next logical step while I wait from someone to do finally redo a top notch Mad Dog... I'll certainly let the reviews come in first - but if well received - I'll be all over it... $50.00 is my ceiling for a virtual aircraft - so the price seems reasonable as well...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

44 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

waiting on the CRJ has cost me nothing...

This is almost too level-headed a response for these forums.

I agree with this sentiment. Personally, I'm looking forward to returning here in a few months when all the naysayers start posting screenshots about how much they love this bird and what a great product this is, et al.

• Upvote 2

Sounds like this thread may have run it's course - at least that's my respectful vote!

Best wishes to everyone!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

loved my very old Feelthere ERJ +1, its a cryin shame that they do not update this to P3d,I read somewhere that Feelthere were thinking about this very thing,I wish they would just get on with it

Peter

• Upvote 1