Gregg_Seipp

Aerosoft CRJ 10% off - to be released Jun 22

I know, I know...

I had real reservations about posting anything.  The good news is they seem serious.  The not so good, I guess, is it requires NavDataPro and doesn't support Navigraph.  I'll be very interested in seeing if they make the date and hearing reviews. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would rather wait for the upcoming CRJ from VirtualCol. It won't be too complex systems wise, but if it's similar to the ATR or DHC they released before, we should expect good/acceptable exterior models. This would be a good option compared to nothing.

Cheers, Ed

I lost hope with them.

They play the game of pushing out the release date by 2 months every 2nd month since more than a year... I was hoping to make it an Easter present to myself. Now I have decided to not look at this maybe-product anymore until I read about its' release here in the forum. Sad.

Best Regards

Frank

36 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I know, I know...

I had real reservations about posting anything.  The good news is they seem serious.  The not so good, I guess, is it requires NavDataPro and doesn't support Navigraph.  I'll be very interested in seeing if they make the date and hearing reviews. 

Hello,

Thanks for the info, I have been very interested in this product but what a joke! What is going on in their mind? No go for me, not like this.

Hoang Le

• Upvote 1

i'll believe it when I see it released until then I stand: VAPORWARE!

1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

it requires NavDataPro and doesn't support Navigraph

Whaaat??? Guess what just went from sure sale to no sale for me...

• Upvote 2

No Navigraph, no purchase.  It's that simple.

• Upvote 4

I wouldn't mind, but I've been looking forward to this release for ages. Oh well, at least I won't be increasing my virtual hangar's over-population level.

4 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

No Navigraph, no purchase.  It's that simple.

This. After 6+ years, the most complicated release ever and then this major flaw. heh.

Where is the release info? I'll believe it when i see it :P

I don't think it is a case that the CRJ "does not support" Navigraph, but I suspect it is more a case that the prototype Navigraph database for the CRJ is not fully compatible (yet).

If the proposed June 22nd release date holds true - Navigraph still has plenty of time to work on correcting any bugs that might exist.

For most add-ons that use external AIRAC data, you really can't say that a certain vendor's dataset is "required". It's not like the files are encrypted or proprietary.

As long as a given vendor has access to complete government or commercial AIRAC source data, and the necessary programming skills to create a parser to translate that data into a format that a specific add-on requires, then it should not matter WHO creates or sells the data.

Aerosoft might well "prefer" NavDataPro AIRAC data, (since it is also an Aerosoft company) - but I don't think they can "require" it, anymore than the manufacturer of my automobile can require that it burn only a specific brand of gasoline.

This is still a work in progress.

• Upvote 1

I won this plane during a charity event last year.  Hope they have a note somewhere so I can make my claim. 

• Upvote 1

Whats the source for the release date?  This comes up all the time because its on their store and the date is on there because the website needs some sort of date. Its there as a placeholder and means nothing in reality. Read through the CRJ thread. Its come up numerous times. 

Not vaporware at all. They are quite close. But AS is not going to release something that has numerous bugs. I rather have it sooner than later, but surely it doesnt make sense to release it bug filled only to field numerous complaints and have a bad first impression on it. 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I won this plane during a charity event last year.  Hope they have a note somewhere so I can make my claim. 

Kind of cheesy to give away something that doesn't even exist yet! 

18 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Whats the source for the release date?  This comes up all the time because its on their store and the date is on there because the website needs some sort of date. Its there as a placeholder and means nothing in reality. Read through the CRJ thread. Its come up numerous times. 

Not vaporware at all. They are quite close. But AS is not going to release something that has numerous bugs. I rather have it sooner than later, but surely it doesnt make sense to release it bug filled only to field numerous complaints and have a bad first impression on it. 

I think it is just the placeholder for the online store. But, Mathijs said just today on the forum that they have expanded the Beta team, and made getting this software out the door the number one priority. 

But, the whole point of beta testing is to find and correct bugs - so I am sure there still remains work to be done. But I do believe that "the day" is getting pretty close.

• Upvote 1

I'm not concerned about the Navigraph  issue. Other Aerosoft airliners support Navigraph  despite NavData Pro being an Aerosoft  product. Besides, the CRJ  will come with the most recent  NavData Pro AIRAC  version installed. It just won't get updated each month unless one has a subscription. At that point the issue with Navigraph  compatibility  will be worked out. Of course, that may be a few months after the CRJ  release in 2027.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Of course, that may be a few months after the CRJ  release in 2027.

Optimistic much? :)

I'm just going to confirm... it is Navigraph compatible - even in the Beta.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 2

Where is the release date coming from?  I don't see it on Aerosoft's forums.  I could be wrong, but I can't imagine they are giving out another expected released date since they have burned themselves many times doing so.  I do believe it's coming soon, but am curious where the date came from.

1 hour ago, okupton said:

Where is the release date coming from?  I don't see it on Aerosoft's forums.  I could be wrong, but I can't imagine they are giving out another expected released date since they have burned themselves many times doing so.  I do believe it's coming soon, but am curious where the date came from.

It came from the store.  To be honest, I haven't been following the CRJ much so I wasn't aware, as someone pointed out above, that it's a date that changes.  Still, signs are pointing in the right direction.  The manual was released a few days ago.  There are new videos out.  Expanding the beta means they'd find issues faster.  Hopefully, not too many hard ones to fix.  I guess I'll just keep chewing my gum and wait.

• Upvote 1

No worries Gregg!  Just didn't want people getting too excited yet, although I do think you are right and it won't be to much longer.  

Its release date has changed 3 or 4 times in the last year!

10 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Still, signs are pointing in the right direction.  

Signs were also pointing in the right direction in 2015 when Mathijs was at T-9 days on his countdown. Tbh until it's actually released I'm going to assume they'll run into another problem and delay it another 2 years right before it goes live. 

• Upvote 1

Hello;

I think its listed under Digital Aviation CRJ 700/900,thats listed under add-ons on the Navigraph FMS Data.

Thanks;