Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Introducing Flight Sim World!

4 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

Woah there. You better not be putting me out of a job :ohmy:

Seriously though, thank you for the kind words... and cheers everyone for all the feedback you've given so far, whether it is constructive criticism or complimentary, every little bit gets us closer to the goal of making the flight simulation platform that you want!

Aimee, to be honest, you are much better that Barry.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, N1G said:

Aimee, to be honest, you are much better that Barry.

If it weren't so true I'd be devastated...LoL

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2017 at 11:20 AM, DTG_Aimee said:

That's Dx12, which is why we used Dx11 :biggrin:

Any plans for DX12 in the future ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I am keenly interested from a scenic perspective if the world's coastlines are the horrible straight lined ones that were default in FSX or whether they have been modified to look more realistic. Not necessarily accurate as FTX Vector claims to be. The problem I have with Vector is that in many coastal areas the resulting "accuracy" of the revised coastlines result in buildings in the water. The default FSX coastlines with all their straight lines etc is really off putting from a viewing perspective.

What vector type detail is default in Flight Sim World? Roads, pylons etc?

36 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

The problem I have with Vector is that in many coastal areas the resulting "accuracy" of the revised coastlines result in buildings in the water.

The solution is to use a good landclass, the problem is not with vector

Tend to disagree. Take a look at Vector with OLC NA. When any topic is discussed regarding "buildings in water" the response from the developer of vector is " misplaced 3D autogen in P3D/FSX" Disable Vector in the same location (eg Havana) and the leave OLC enabled, the buildings are on land. So I would assume that it is vector's "accurate" coastline versus the default data that causes the anomaly and not the OLC NA (Landclass)

6 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

Tend to disagree. Take a look at Vector with OLC NA. When any topic is discussed regarding "buildings in water" the response from the developer of vector is " misplaced 3D autogen in P3D/FSX" Disable Vector in the same location (eg Havana) and the leave OLC enabled, the buildings are on land. So I would assume that it is vector's "accurate" coastline versus the default data that causes the anomaly and not the OLC NA (Landclass)

disagree all you want, but you are wrong.

We are off topic so i will wait for DGT to hopefully answer my initial question. But just to finally answer you regarding

"The problem I have with Vector is that in many coastal areas the resulting "accuracy" of the revised coastlines result in buildings in the water."

The sim has default 3d objects placed to the default data, in this case the coastline. Vector introduces a different coastline, maybe 100 yards in from the default. OLC places additional autogen/3d objects ( additional to the default). The default 3d objects remain. If the default 3d objects remain in their original position and then vector moves the goalposts the default 3d objects will  be in the sea. I am referencing the response I received from the vector developer.

If you know some more I would be most grateful if you would PM me with your solutions. I thought OLC NA was "good landclass" Remember I am only referring to buildings in the sea after using Vector, which redraws the coast lines.

Uumlbersicht_zps795855f7.jpg

@jjaycee1 If you look at the above image, you can see that Vector data deals with geographical features such as Shorelines, Rivers, Roads and Utilities. It is not responsible for the placement of buildings and autogen (this is actually handled by the .agn files). The Landclass system, however, just tells the engine where the ground textures need to be placed.

Thus, you are correct - if the vector data was updated without altering the landclass, buildings will be placed incorrectly as there will be a mismatch between files. No matter which landclass you use, the buildings on the water will still remain since the vector data pinpoints the barrier between water and ground.

• Upvote 1

@KavindaJD

Thanks. I was aware of the structure image you showed, and am pleased that your summary confirmed the fact that Vector will influence the landclass both default and OLC. Vector has reduced the shoreline in my Havana example, it was not rectified by OLC NA, hence the default 3D objects (in this case.. buildings) were still placed correctly but appear in the water due to the shoreline (Vector) being moved.

UTX Central & Carib, however, has corrected the LC and adjusted the shoreline via it's own vector data. The result is no buildings in the water.

Anyway thanks for your input.

I still however would like to know if Flight Sim World has decent coastlines and NOT straight lines.

We'll have to see if DTG updated vector data in FSW over FSX default; if they did not then let's hope ORBX continues it's partnership with DTG so Vector and OLC NA and OLC Europe become available as addon's for FSW. If they do not, then perhaps UTX will become available as an addon for DTW at some point.

Ken

I think you will find ORBX products will be ported to FSW they would not spend the time on the base sim without reason.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

I think you will find ORBX products will be ported to FSW they would not spend the time on the base sim without reason.

Are you familiar with the concept 'one night stand' :biggrin: I do hope you're right though!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

One night stand can sometimes turn into a fond friendship:biggrin:.

Ray Fry. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

15 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

"The problem I have with Vector is that in many coastal areas the resulting "accuracy" of the revised coastlines result in buildings in the water."

But "realism" per Global Warming! :mo_aAa:

• Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator