Sign in to follow this  
kfd

Fed Up

But isn't it more realistic that you would have to fly with the weather you get and therefore be more aware at flight planning time what type of weather you might get into?

If you just need a flight there are always the themes and Im sure eventually more and better available options.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

18 minutes ago, sightseer said:

But isn't it more realistic that you would have to fly with the weather you get and therefore be more aware at flight planning time what type of weather you might get into?

That might be one person's preference, yes. However, I do almost all my flying in the FSEconomy game. The idea is to complete each flight assignment from takeoff to landing, or else I've wasted those hours. I also like flying with real weather injection, up to a point. But if the winds and visibility aren't cooperating enough to make the landing in the light GA and helicopters I like to fly, I'll go into the weather panel and tweak it, without feeling too guilty about it.  :happy:

Adjusting weather and time of day mid-flight is also nice for making creative screen shots. Anyway, it's probably safe to assume that things like real weather injection and manual control of the weather mid-flight are in the pipeline.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Hi Dave,

1 hour ago, sightseer said:

Bert - not sure why no one has answered you yet but... after typing in your departure airport just left click and hold on the map to move it around and use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom out.  Find your destination and left click and then right click.

You can just right click on the chosen departure if you want and click OK on the 'you must land at an airport' message.  It still gives me credit so long as I land where I tell it Im landing.  Im not crazy about not getting credit for landing elsewhere but it is what it is and I also tend to think its good to not be able to change aircraft or weather in mid flight.  One can also just cancel the flight and start over.

I could be wrong but I think Bert's "cringe" was in regards to the "game-iness" the credit/point system infers...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Dave,

I could be wrong but I think Bert's "cringe" was in regards to the "game-iness" the credit/point system infers...

Regards,
Scott

Yup  :happy:

Bert

14 hours ago, vololiberista said:

All 64bit means is more memory is addressed. So less chance of an oom. That is until developers produce more complex scenery of course and everyone ends up complaining that 64bit is not enough and demands 128bit!

Actually, it mean only hardware induced OOMs are possible.  What can happen is that all your RAM gets used up, and the program starts using swap space.  At that point, your sim is becomes a stutterfest, but no OOMs.  But wait, what if you then run out of swap space...but by that time, you've had enough with the stutter fest, have shut down the sim, and ordered another 32 GB of RAM (provided you have the slots available).  Theoretically, a 64 bit program can address 9223372036854GB of RAM (vs 4GB with 32 bits).

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

You've discovered new sins? :huh:

Oh, sims... never mind! I'll just put the Holy Oil away again. :biggrin:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Personally, I'm hugely fed up and disappointed that DTG didn't decide to make Flight Sim World 65 Bit. That would have made it one better than X-Plane, AeroFly 2 and P3D and it would have only been a tiny Bit harder to accomplish. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

29 minutes ago, Chock said:

Personally, I'm hugely fed up and disappointed that DTG didn't decide to make Flight Sim World 65 Bit. That would have made it one better than X-Plane, AeroFly 2 and P3D and it would have only been a tiny Bit harder to accomplish. :biggrin:

Same here i was waiting for a 65 bit myself 😃😀 after what i had seen yestaerday and today from P3D v4 videos im still waiting for someone to do the 65 or 72 bit conversion 😂.... good old fun ...

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Would you pay for those upgrades? In the US a 25 cent coin is also referred to as "two bits". Yeah, yeah, I know that it means something else in GB.:ohmy:

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Personally, I'm hugely fed up and disappointed that DTG didn't decide to make Flight Sim World 65 Bit. That would have made it one better than X-Plane, AeroFly 2 and P3D

one? Then it would be twice as good :smile:

Barry Friedman

Where's George Carlin - I bet he could whittle the list down to just one sin...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7