Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

V4 Expectations

Just now, Drumcode said:

It's nice-to-have but I don't understand people going literally crazy over this in their wish lists, there are so many other areas that need improvement. 

Fair enough.

Walter Meier

Id like sloped runways. IT shouldn't be difficult to do since you can basically land anywhere in the sim so long as there are no obstetrical. It would probably cause problems for current airport addons but new addons could be designed with realistic runways

My expectation is when V4 out, no more V4 expectation topic.

Cheers,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

6 minutes ago, Hoang said:

My expectation is when V4 out, no more V4 expectation topic.

Cheers,

Hoang Le

Unfortunately we will be bombarded with threads complaining about what was NOT included. :biggrin:

Vic

• Upvote 3

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just now, vgbaron said:

Unfortunately we will be bombarded with threads complaining about what was NOT included. :biggrin:

Vic

Haha.

Actually these days have been really...entertaining for me, it really is. The views in this forum and these topics must have increased a lot, and I found many people having fun talking about this new version that coming up.

I don't have any OOM issues now, I rarely have it, and if I do, it is just only because of the errors/bugs in the addons and I have found most of them. I have more problems with Couatl than with VAS.

If going to 64bit, I'd just buy all the regions from ORBX and enjoy the view during take off and landing. That is probably the most benefit I will get from 64bit for now.

Hoang Le

• Upvote 1

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Well, in the spirit of killing time until it comes out and we get to read the release notes, here's my hopes:

1. 64 bit so we can continue to move into the future in add-on heaven (although I've never had a OOM - lucky I guess)

2. Frame rate improvement - don't care how it's done just optimize the CPU / GPU balance and get all of those cores working evenly, eliminate long frames, aka stutters

3. I don't expect ATC to improve much, it's such a huge area it practically requires a life / development team all of its own

4. Better camera system, I shouldn't need to buy 3rd party camera tools, it should come with the sim

5. AI traffic w. more realistic roll-outs, takes off, etc.  It shouldn't require a 3rd part product for better AI traffic but realistically I'm not expecting this to change either.

6. Better selection of default airplanes for Pete's sake.  The airplanes included with the product....anyone really use these?

7. NAVDATA updated so I can use real-life airport approaches and charts

8. Direct X 12

9. Higher resolution mesh (also shouldn't require 3rd party mesh but I do understand a detailed mesh for the world would make for a MEGA HUGE  download....but hey give us the option.

10.  A landing model that provides something in-between "ok, this was a bounce" vs. "sim stops and essentially says you're dead and resets".  I know after 9-11 all the sims got touchy-feely on this one but how about letting us snap off a wheel, situations where real fire is involved, firetrucks to the scene too...guess we'll need to leave that to 3rd parties also - I'm looking for that package titled "crash physics"

11.  Better auto-logging of hours spent in each plane, by tail number.

12.  Of course real-time downloaded and dynamic weather, but I guess the add-ons got that covered too....be nice though if all this add-on stuff was just part of the original sim.  It's tough to get 5-7 major pieces of software to play nice.   Best to have it all under one roof.

13.  High Fidelity in the controls....I'd like to tone my joystick down even farther but the slider is already at the limit.   They will know they have nailed it when I can pull up close enough to another aircraft as if I was setting up for a refueling situation.  Nearly impossible with this sim.

Well I think I'm forgetting a few things, but my hope is someday we won't need to many add-ons to round out the simulation.

Thanks,

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 1

I can't wait for P3Dv4 64bit so I can pay for all my addons again! Yay!

• Upvote 2

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Problem is that performance won't improve just because of x64, at least not if large scale optimizations have been made. So, we may do a flight from Toronto to London on a PMDG without OOM, but this doesn't mean we'll run at higher fps. Especially if we turn all sliders to the right because we won't fear an OOM anymore.

For example, I run a 7700K at 5.1Ghz and I have found my sweet spot for 30fps, by having my autogen sliders at Dense, shadow quality at Medium and autogen shadows at receive only. If performance is similar in P3D v4, my sliders will remain there. So, v4 will only solve the OOM errors.

If they have optimized the sim in a way that will allow higher performance on the same v3 visual settings, this may allow for more autogen and shadows to be drawn. For now, I can only wish that to be true.

Edited by Daedalus
  • Upvote 3

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

39 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I run a 7700K at 5.1Ghz

How?

3 minutes ago, denali said:

How?

Overclock it. Get the most out of it and you get a big boost in performance 

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Hope 64bits...and I'll jump to P3D...

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I am hoping for better ai handling/behavior on airports as well as on approaches/departures. Airplanes should make correct use of aprons/taxiways as defined in airport files (formerly called AFCADS).

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

9 hours ago, WarpD said:

Win10 doesn't play nice in training sims... issues with hardware, drivers, etc.
..are you running an actual commercial training sim with specialized hardware?

Maybe blaim the manufacturer(s) of that specicialized hardware for not updating their drivers....

• Upvote 2

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

15 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Maybe blaim the manufacturer(s) of that specicialized hardware for not updating their drivers....

Exactly,  Windows 10 is here to stay and regardless of what some people may think it is leaps and bounds better than Windows 7

--Sean Hart

16 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Uh... no.  Since you're not really privy to the details, and I'm not going to go deeper... just suffice that Win10 is not a good OS for training sims.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69