Sign in to follow this  
Luis Hernandez

SimMarket now charging a fee for Paypal usage?

I don't get why you don't buy straight from the dev....?????

Think about it... the merchants are taking 20-45% from each dev they do business with.  If you bought from the dev direct, you'd be giving your money where it belongs: with the person who MADE the product...

Makes sense no?

my two cents...

• Upvote 3

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

++++1

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

7 hours ago, Milviz said:

Think about it... the merchants are taking 20-45% from each dev they do business with.  If you bought from the dev direct, you'd be giving your money where it belongs: with the person who MADE the product...

Some of them don't even give you this option. I forget which scenery it was I bought a while back, but my only options were either SimMarket or a few other flight simulator stores.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

20 hours ago, Milviz said:

Makes sense no?

my two cents...

13 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Some of them don't even give you this option. I forget which scenery it was I bought a while back, but my only options were either SimMarket or a few other flight simulator stores.

As Kevin said, many vendors have not set up a direct purchase option.  In fact, most of the products I buy from Simmarket are only available through Simmarket.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

2 hours ago, JYW said:

As Kevin said, many vendors have not set up a direct purchase option.  In fact, most of the products I buy from Simmarket are only available through Simmarket.

If enough people voted with their wallets, perhaps those devs might decide to sell their products either through another store or direct... :cool:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7 hours ago, n4gix said:

If enough people voted with their wallets, perhaps those devs might decide to sell their products either through another store or direct... :cool:

I don't understand that one. If a certain add-on is e.g. only available via simmarket I can only purchase it there. Voting with my wallet means I shouldn't buy it at all.

How can the developer know why his add-ons don't sell anymore?

Furthermore many customers are looking at e.g. the simmarket webpage to see what's new, otherwise they wouldn't even notice that a new add-on is available.

Just a few days ago I've read that someone has never heard of Milviz before, so the advertisment effect of simmarket etc. shouldn't be underestimant IMO.

And advertising isn't for free.

If someone hasn't heard of MV before, then obviously, the vendors AREN'T advertising... right?  Come on... we've been with ALL of the available vendors for the past 5 years...  and people still don't know who we are?

Ridickledockle.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

10 hours ago, n4gix said:

Very true Bill!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

6 hours ago, J35OE said:

I don't understand that one. If a certain add-on is e.g. only available via simmarket I can only purchase it there. Voting with my wallet means I shouldn't buy it at all.

How can the developer know why his add-ons don't sell anymore?

I wasn't suggesting not buying the product at all, just not from one particular store. Emailing the developer to let them know would bring the salient facts to their attention. Well that and the drop in sales from that store should provide a sufficient clue. :biggrin:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator