glider_uk

PMDG 777 200 is OUT!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Why do we need an extra thread for this? The PMDG forums are right here on AVSIM and the announcements like this can always be found there.

4 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Why do we need an extra thread for this?

+++1

8 minutes ago, kurtb said:

WHAT ABOUT THE 300

WHY DO YOU NEED TO SCREAM?

caps lock got stuck mind your own business bud

Hi, I actually like that this is posted here. Firstly, some of us don't spend much time on the PMDG forum so we're much more likely to notice the news in this location. Secondly, this is a major release for the P3D v4 platform, it's a good thing that we're getting excited about it over here on the Prepar3d forum, particularly if we're posting reports about the plane's performance that are specific to this sim,

Time to get the T7 in the air...

:happy:

Only trying to help, if you get so annoyed by this little post then all I can say is you must have a miserable existence.

C'mon guys whats wrong in informing like minded individuals about news of releases. Unless you have 30 tabs open and spend your days scouring the internet it could be missed, also if you are doing that you need to get out more.

Thanks for posting the heads up.I don't frequent the PMDG forums a lot because this place gives me breaking news in one place 

The -300ER has wheel camera, it may take some time. Perhaps a day or three.

53 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Hi, I actually like that this is posted here. Firstly, some of us don't spend much time on the PMDG forum so we're much more likely to notice the news in this location. Secondly, this is a major release for the P3D v4 platform

But... but... it is the same Boards! The same. Why do we need multiple threads for the same thing on one of the same Board? It's not like one has to switch to a different website to read the PMDG forum...

How hard can it be to activate the notifcation on the general forum of the PMDG forum?!

You can always ignore this thread if it disturbs you that much.

Well, I have now had a decent fly in this aircraft (Eglin AFB, KTPA in Florida and Princess Juliana Airport).

Brief performance report:

P3D v4, all settings default, only addons are Envtex and PTA.

RIg: 5820K @4.4, GTX 970

Frames per second in standard cockpit: 51

Most of my testing - after some initial 'standard' test flights - has been of VR (Oculus Dk2). Frames here average 32. By turning off autogen and HDR, and setting weather to clear skies, I reached 38 frames per second.

Comments on VR performance:

- I've been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to fly a complex jet in VR. The cockpit is fully clickable, though it takes time to get used to the cursor placement  - I close my right eye, then place the cursor at the bottom left of the switch or dial. Using this method, I could easily read the displays on the MCP, and could activate FD/FL CH/Heading select etc and fly the plane on autopilot without too many problems.

- Cockpit size is scaled correctly, default eyepoint works well.

- It's a nice cockpit to sit in, or even stand up and walk around a little.

- Smoothness: 38 frames per second is not enough for me to enjoy long-term flying in VR. Currently, I stick to planes where I can get performance that will keep the DK2 fed at its normal refresh rate (75 frames per second), and keep the frames stable.

- Possible solutions: My new EVGA 1080Ti is sadly stuck in the post office until Monday. I will be interested to see if this can increase the performance substantially, to the point where everyday VR flying is practical with the PMDG planes. I'll also be looking for any further performance tweaks that are applicable to the 777.

For those of you who are flying without an HMD, I think you will enjoy this version of the T7.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Farlis said:

But... but... it is the same Boards! The same. Why do we need multiple threads for the same thing on one of the same Board? It's not like one has to switch to a different website to read the PMDG forum...

How hard can it be to activate the notifcation on the general forum of the PMDG forum?!

How hard can it be to read a different thread, if this one doesn't interest you! :happy:

7 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

GTX 970

Glad to read your report as that's the card I have for now, and was baulking at getting the V4 till I upgraded.