gman1986

FSGlobal 2010 in V4

Hi,

Has anybody got FSGlobal 2010 working in P3DV4?

Regards

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think they're shifting to a new title called FS Global 2018 or something like it. I wasn't able to find info whether they'll charge additionally for 2010 buyers or what the ETA is. I am personally willing to wait until the v4 installers are available. 

In the Scenery Library point to the folder where you have it installed per region.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I think they're shifting to a new title called FS Global 2018 or something like it. I wasn't able to find info whether they'll charge additionally for 2010 buyers or what the ETA is. I am personally willing to wait until the v4 installers are available. 

They have already stated they will *NOT* release v4 installers for anything except the "NG" product that came out last year.  Very unfortunate of them, as I will not buy anything else from them again.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

They have already stated they will *NOT* release v4 installers for anything except the "NG" product that came out last year.  Very unfortunate of them, as I will not buy anything else from them again.

Sounds a little shady imo. Is there anything else in the market?

8 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Sounds a little shady imo. Is there anything else in the market?

Check out Freemesh X. Their forum is in the freeware section here on Avsim. You'll see how easily it is to install a mesh into your sim without the need of an "official P3Dv4 installer."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:

Check out Freemesh X. Their forum is in the freeware section here on Avsim. You'll see how easily it is to install a mesh into your sim without the need of an "official P3Dv4 installer."

Awesome suggestion, thank you. I wasn't even aware of it. Are you using their Mesh? I'm downloading the entire package as we speak.

I also think the Toposim product is very good - it's the old FSGenesis developer.

Vic

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I also think the Toposim product is very good - it's the old FSGenesis developer.

Vic

Very nice, thank you. I'm going to check out the free stuff first. There's way too many things I need to spend my money on now that P3Dv4 is out and I'm personally back to flight simming full on. 

I'm still using FS Global 2008 and it works ok with P3D v4.

It works OK with v4. You simply set appropriate folder in scenery library. No rocket science. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Mephic said:

It works OK with v4. You simply set appropriate folder in scenery library. No rocket science. 

Yes you are right. It's just very bad customer service on Pilots' part. 

It works just fine. Honestly, with large mesh files, I haven't used an installer in ages. It's been parked on one of my SSD's, away from my sim installation. Just point your scenery.cfg to it when need be.

There's no intrinsic reason why you would need a new mesh for v64. Pilot's claim that their new meshes will be 64-bit ready are sort of odd. It'll technically be true, just as that "Gluten-Free" sticker is on your bananas or bottled water.

• Upvote 3

Their new meshes line will have higher resolution and 2017 data (vs 2009 in fs2010). 

Do i want to pay for it? Maybe after I'll see some reviews. It seems that Ill aim at next generation anyway as it looks awesome. It's just too expensive currently but maybe one day.