Boomer

AI Carriers and P3D v4

Recommended Posts

Anyone gotten it to work?

I just get errors.  FSUIPC5 is installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

12 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Anyone gotten it to work?

I just get errors.  FSUIPC5 is installed.

I was thinking about posting the same question but back then ...when I use to play with v3.

So you telling me you had it working all this time, in your v3 ?!? :ohmy:

Share this post


Link to post

I'm pretty sure it worked in v3.

Javier's Nimitz and Ike work in v4.

I implemented the Carrier Tracks 1 and 2 as well in v4.   Although it doesn't look like the carrier is moving.

Share this post


Link to post

I installed Henrik Nielsen's AI Ship Traffic on P3D v4 and the only problem was the wave of the ships in the sea bad
displayed but it depended that in Options-Application-World - Water and Bathymetry Water Detail was in Ultra
instead with High all right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

I'm pretty sure it worked in v3.

Javier's Nimitz and Ike work in v4.

I implemented the Carrier Tracks 1 and 2 as well in v4.   Although it doesn't look like the carrier is moving.

Oh how ? :s_bgt:

I could swear I have tried all the options, watch all the videos but nothing helped, I was never able to use ai carriers in ANY P3D. And if you think I done something wrong, mind you, it worked perfectly in my FSX.

Share this post


Link to post

I have the Net version of AI Carriers installed and its working as it should. I havent had a chance to get the Ike and Nimitz installed yet but the default carrier is working with AICarriers2.

I have never used the exe.xml to start the program with the sim. I always started it via a shortcut on the desktop.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, RobPol471 said:

I installed Henrik Nielsen's AI Ship Traffic on P3D v4 and the only problem was the wave of the ships in the sea bad
displayed but it depended that in Options-Application-World - Water and Bathymetry Water Detail was in Ultra
instead with High all right.

 

If you're about a vertical wake there is a fix that worked. It is one of the wake effect files but I don't recall what the fix was.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, gamer19 said:

Oh how ? :s_bgt:

I could swear I have tried all the options, watch all the videos but nothing helped, I was never able to use ai carriers in ANY P3D. And if you think I done something wrong, mind you, it worked perfectly in my FSX.

Boomer just tested using the aicarriers.net in this link.  Works perfectly.  Just tested it myself.  

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11293.0

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/06/2017 at 7:19 AM, ctec1 said:

I have the Net version of AI Carriers installed and its working as it should. I havent had a chance to get the Ike and Nimitz installed yet but the default carrier is working with AICarriers2.

I have never used the exe.xml to start the program with the sim. I always started it via a shortcut on the desktop.

Hi ctec1,

Would you mind laying out the steps you took to get aic.net installed and working?

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Uteman said:

Hi ctec1,

Would you mind laying out the steps you took to get aic.net installed and working?

Cheers

The install instructions lay out exactly how it should be done. 

This is what you add to the exe.xml which you can open and edit using notepad.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AICarriers</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>REPLACE WITH YOUR PATH TO AICarriers.exe</Path>   
  </Launch.Addon>

 

If this is your last entry make sure this line below is right after it.  May have to move it from its current position.  I have more than one entry because there are entries for AS16 etc. 

</SimBase.Document>

The REPLACE WITH YOUR PATH TO AICarriers.exe, you just put in there the path to wherever you have your AICarriers.exe file

Share this post


Link to post

I added this to my exe.xml file in p3dv4 and it did not load it. . .

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Mark, it works fine for me in Windows 10.  Why don't you post your exe.xml file and I'll take a look.

Share this post


Link to post

Here it is, I'm using Windows 10 Build 1803, 64-bit, P3d V4.2

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon2</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA2\ezlauncher.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>VFXCentral</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\OldProp Solutions Inc\VFXCentral\VFXCentral.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>P3Dv4</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AICarriers</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

delete

Edited by beachdog2001

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now