Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Drzewiecki Design - New York Airports v2 released

16 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

People might have duplicate afcads they need to disable any other JFK scenery such as if they still have Fsdt JFk installed.

Nope, I've never had any other KJFK addon installed in v4.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

On 7/24/2017 at 4:26 PM, 777200lrf said:

MyTraffic?

Yeah, I have MT6 installed. Is there something I could try removing?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Look in the Mytraffic scenery subfolder and rename all the NYC airport BGL files to BGL.orig:

BR2_KLGA.BGL.orig

BR2_KEWR.BGL.orig

BR2_KJFK.BGL.orig

BR2_KTEB.BGL.orig

None of the My T 6 NYC region airports have a matching CVX file (revised roads, hydrology, land class polygons, etc.) so there's no need to worry about that. My T 6 has no versions of KLDJ and KCDW which are also included in DD NYC Airports V2.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nealmac said:

Yeah, I have MT6 installed. Is there something I could try removing?

With Mytraffic, always Neal. It comes with it's own set of afcads. So whenever you buy a scenery it is highly advisable to to a search for the ICAO-Code inside Mytraffic's Scenery folder and delete anything that comes up.

Would it be better to use DD's KJFK or FSDT's? Which one is more optimized and better overall?

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

57 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

I have the same question about LGA.  DD or Imaginesim?

DD.  LGA looks fantastic.

DD JFK is more accurate and looks very good. I'm using DD for all 3 major NY airports.

• Upvote 2

Eric 

It seems night lighting is tuned for use with HDR as found airports completely dark at night until tried turning HDR on, which is bit of a problem as I prefer HDR off. Expected to see some use of dynamic lights too.

3 hours ago, him225 said:

It seems night lighting is tuned for use with HDR as found airports completely dark at night until tried turning HDR on, which is bit of a problem as I prefer HDR off. Expected to see some use of dynamic lights too.

So DD did it right then. I've stayed at the Renaissance Marriott hotel literally right next to the airfield in Atlanta where you have a unobstructed view of the whole airport. At night the airport is unbelievably dark. The only lights really are the sodium lights at the gates. The rest is very dark. That's been a fault of many developers, making their night textures very unrealistically bright. So a dark airport is good.

Eric 

Hi DD,

Any plans to release the "other than Bravo's" as done previously - more of a GA and BizJet guy ???

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

42 minutes ago, B777ER said:

So DD did it right then. I've stayed at the Renaissance Marriott hotel literally right next to the airfield in Atlanta where you have a unobstructed view of the whole airport. At night the airport is unbelievably dark. The only lights really are the sodium lights at the gates. The rest is very dark. That's been a fault of many developers, making their night textures very unrealistically bright. So a dark airport is good.

The airfield should be dark agreed but the parking areas and terminals would be well illuminated which are as much dark with DD when HDR is off. There are couple of posts on their forums of dark airport at night where users were asked to turn on HDR to make the lighting appear correctly.

I have posted a thread at the SODE Support Forum regarding the issue with SODE/GSX gates... it can be seen here:
http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?topic=sode-1-5-3-vidan-design-ekbi-and-prepar3d-v4

I've referenced the Vidan Design EKBI because I have the same issue with that scenery. As with Taxi2Gate LFPG and with the two NYC Packages from DD... 

I've also open af thread at the FSDT support forum:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16205.0.html

So far I can see, that GSX tries to call a static jetway... Again I know it's the 'wrong' scenery - but it's the same issue with EKBI, LFPG and NYC packages... Hoping for a solution soon.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

21 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Look in the Mytraffic scenery subfolder and rename all the NYC airport BGL files to BGL.orig:

BR2_KLGA.BGL.orig

BR2_KEWR.BGL.orig

BR2_KJFK.BGL.orig

BR2_KTEB.BGL.orig

None of the My T 6 NYC region airports have a matching CVX file (revised roads, hydrology, land class polygons, etc.) so there's no need to worry about that. My T 6 has no versions of KLDJ and KCDW which are also included in DD NYC Airports V2.

14 hours ago, Farlis said:

With Mytraffic, always Neal. It comes with it's own set of afcads. So whenever you buy a scenery it is highly advisable to to a search for the ICAO-Code inside Mytraffic's Scenery folder and delete anything that comes up.

Cheers lads, I'll try that tonight and see if it works.

@Karsten, I didn't realise I had to do that. To get MT6 working I obviously removed the traffic bgl file from P3D and also the file for the military traffic which is know to cause problems (I forget what it's called) but I didn't realise I should be also removing any airport scenery files as well. Thanks again.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough