Drumcode

Drzewiecki Design - New York Airports v2 released

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thank you for the head's up. Buying now.

I wish if someone would provide a comparison with FSDT KJFK. 

Also, I'm interested if it has an option to disable 2 out 3 NY ports while using the only one. Three active airports i NY Area would be suicidal for any powerful hardware 

There's a demo available so you can try before you buy.

34 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I wish if someone would provide a comparison with FSDT KJFK. 

Also, I'm interested if it has an option to disable 2 out 3 NY ports while using the only one. Three active airports i NY Area would be suicidal for any powerful hardware 

Ditto.  Jfk v2 from dreamteam is quite good.

But KEWR I'm interested in

Also, curious if it's worth the upgrade.  I have the previous one and, yeah, they give us a $5 discount but I disabled/replaced them long ago.  The city was great...the airports a waste.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

I'm interested if it has an option to disable 2 out 3 NY ports while using the only one. Three active airports i NY Area would be suicidal for any powerful hardware 

Hey.

Yes, here is how the installer menu looks like:

config_zpsaewvcdol.jpg

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

I wish if someone would provide a comparison with FSDT KJFK

You can't really compare those two products I am afraid... They are very different. What I can say for sure is that ours is more up-to-date as even F and H taxiways in KJFK have the after-construction layout.

59 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Also, curious if it's worth the upgrade.  I have the previous one and, yeah, they give us a $5 discount but I disabled/replaced them long ago.  The city was great...the airports a waste.

Well, maybe not a waste but I agree NYAv1 wasn't our best product ever. But please note that NYAv2 is basically a new product - probably around 95% of the content is new. Here is the list of changes:

• Much better visuals 
- 100% of objects re-exported 
- new ground polygons with better textures 
- new aerial images 
- better detail objects (ground service vehicles, cars, people) 
- animated objects 
• Performance up to 300% higher than in v1 
- Extensive LODs 
- Custom shadows only 
- Lights done from scratch 
- All models re-exported and highly optimized 
- All textures compiled to 4096pix sheets 
- Ground polygons highly optimized 
- New, optional static aircraft 
• Updated layouts (aprons, taxiways, markings etc.) 
• SODE support for seasonal changes and jetway animations 
• New lighting system (as in the latest Polish Airports series) for runways and taxiways, much more performance friendly and realistically looking 
• New apron lights - optimized for performance and best visuals (see screenshots below) 
• No default library objects to be used - this will boost up the performance too 
• Full compatibility with FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv1, P3Dv2, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Am I right in thinking I get all 3 airports for €23? Surely there's a catch somewhere?

1 minute ago, nealmac said:

Am I right in thinking I get all 3 airports for €23? Surely there's a catch somewhere?

No catch.  Thats how v1 was.  

Well based on the difference between NY v1 and Washington X, I'm hoping this is a much improved product.  It surely sounds like it!

1 minute ago, nealmac said:

I can change the price to 45 if you wish, no problem at all :-)

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

There's a demo available so you can try before you buy.

Our DEMOs are designed more for online pilots (VATSIM/IVAO/Multiplayer) so that the unified scenery can be used by everyone no matter if someone has money to buy the full version or no. Well, at least this was the original idea. DEMOs however have limited functionality - lower resolution textures (up to 10x), no detailed objects, no animations, static jetways only etc. So - it is better than a default and has the same layout as the payware but you can't really judge a performance from it.

It would be interesting to see a demo of all 3 products working in tandem: NY Airports v2 1 and 2 and NY City v2.

NYAv2 X has just one DEMO which includes all 6 airports.

NYCv2 X demo is not compatible with P3Dv4 yet afair.

8 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

No catch.  Thats how v1 was.  

Well based on the difference between NY v1 and Washington X, I'm hoping this is a much improved product.  It surely sounds like it!

Excellent, I'll be making a purchase tonight when I get home.

6 minutes ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Haha, no thanks. At least wait until I buy it first.

6 minutes ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Nooooo!  Lol.   Quick question, I bought all the Extracts separately KJFK, KLGA and KEWR.  Am I able to get the 25% discount or no?  Bought thru PCAviator.

I've never bought one of your products as yet, but i've looked from time to time, but now i think it's time to give it a shot. I mean, demo? For that money i think i can't really go wrong... The screenshots look really nice with great detailing.

1 minute ago, jason99vmi said:

Bought thru PCAviator.

The idea is that you should get -25% for both parts in such case but lets wait how PCAviator handles it.

Just bought all of them.... JFK looks much better. DD also included the brand new JFK high speed taxiways on the 4 runway....you cannot possibly have a more up to date JFK than this one!! 

DD has amazing sceneries and P3Dv4 could not have come at a better time!  Just ordered both airport packages.

Waiting for performance reports.

Can someone share performance for the city in V4 ?

2 hours ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Well, maybe not a waste but I agree NYAv1 wasn't our best product ever.

Yeah, probably a little too strongly said on my part.  Not a waste...just not as good as I'd expected.  Flew out of KEWR once and flew into KJFK once.  Decent looking list. Hoping these do better. 

I have just installed KEWR, KLGA and KJFK from DD and desactivated my FSDT JFK. Together with NYCv2 (LowTex) it is even flyable with PMDGs T7 on moderate settings. Only thing I observe are black texture poppings (NYC buildings and ground as well as ai a/c) in turns or when changing views. But this was also the case before I installed those three airports. I guess my hardware is a little too weak for this area.

Ughh...word of caution. Installed via the installer (did not change anything as far as path, etc..) and P3D was CTD after the initial startup screen, I selected KIAH (was going to fly to KEWR) and P3D would CTD after I selected to load the scenario. Also tried the default scenario and still got the same result. Deleting the NY airports from the addons folder and add-ons.cfg entry inside ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prerpar3D v4 cured it. DD might have something messed up in the installer. 

Even loading the scenery the old way via the scenery.cfg causes a CTD. Must be a file that the sim don't like somewhere within.