Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Flight 1 GTN 750 & GTN 650 released!

Just now, DJJose said:

Without the old sim & gtn units, you will have to wait to see what magic Bert can create. He's really good at adding the GTN to airplanes.

So for all of us that successfully installed the P3Dv3 of the RA Duke into the P3Dv4 add-ons folder and then went and fixed the sound files so everything but the GTN 750 is working great now, we will not be able to install the new GTN 750 into it now as we did in P3Dv3?

I hope this isn't the case...

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, joepoway said:

So for all of us that successfully installed the P3Dv3 of the RA Duke into the P3Dv4 add-ons folder and then went and fixed the sound files so everything but the GTN 750 is working great now, we will not be able to install the new GTN 750 into it now as we did in P3Dv3?

Joe

I'm afraid so. Maybe someone else can figure it out.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Joe

I just got the 2D panel working in the Real Air Turbine duke by opening the new F1 config tool and select the Real Air from the list (a 1 appears next to it when you double click), when I launch the sim I have a little GTN drop down option in the top left of the screen which gives me a 2D pop up so at least that's something.

Just need to figure out how to integrate the 3D panel in the VC.

Thomas Derbyshire

I presume that we still have to install the GTNPCTrainerLite_6211 but I cannot see any mention of it on their product page. 

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

I just got the 2D panel working in the Real Air Turbine duke by opening the new F1 config tool and select the Real Air from the list (a 1 appears next to it when you double click), when I launch the sim I have a little GTN drop down option in the top left of the screen which gives me a 2D pop up so at least that's something.

Just need to figure out how to integrate the 3D panel in the VC.

When I run the tool and select P3Dv4 (I still have P3Dv3 installed so it gives me an option) my Real Air Turbine Duke does not show up, I'm quite surprised yours does?

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I only have one instance of the Real Air turbine duke, that is the FSX version installed into my P3D sim folder so not sure if that will complicate things for you.  But when I run the F1 GTN config tool I see this.

Capture.jpg

This gives me the 2D pop up panel in the sim.

Thomas Derbyshire

1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

I only have one instance of the Real Air turbine duke, that is the FSX version installed into my P3D sim folder so not sure if that will complicate things for you.  But when I run the F1 GTN config tool I see this.

Capture.jpg

This gives me the 2D pop up panel in the sim.

I installed the Duke using the P3Dv4 Add-ons folders and created the Add-on.xml file just like with the A2A aircraft to get it to work in P3Dv4, is this how you installed your version into P3Dv4?

Joe

No I installed it directly into the P3D sim folder because I was struggling to get the 64 bit sound gauge working using the XML method.

That will be why because the aircraft in the list on that screenshot are all in my P3D\Sim Objects\Airplanes folder, ie my PMDG aircraft.

What happens if you run the Real Air config tool and select the GTN 750 in the GPS tab??

Thomas Derbyshire

Why is this so difficult to install into the realair lancair legacy.

I installed it into p3d v3 folder like you mentioned. and ran the f1 gtn config tool, and then ran the realair config panel tool, and it still doesn't show up for me.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

22 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Joe - you need to go into Start > A2A Simulations > Accu Sim Comanche 250 P3D and run the P3D config tool.  Click GPS > Flight 1 then select either 650 or 750 and bingo.

Edit: Sorry I see you have the 172 not comance but same advice applies, just run the 172 config P3D tool.

The A2A configure tool only addresses my P3Dv3 aircraft i.e. C172, T6, and P51 but there isn't a tool for the P3Dv4 versions of my C172 or T6 so I can't set the GPS path for those?

Joe

The A2A configure tool only addresses my P3Dv3 aircraft i.e. C172, T6, and P51 but there isn't a tool for the P3Dv4 versions of my C172 or T6 so I can't set the GPS path for those?

Joe

Go to here and launch the aircraft configurator.exe

D:\Users\Username\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\Comanche250\Tools

Thomas Derbyshire

I get an error installing the GTN trainer.  When the installer is just about done I get this message.

Error 1721. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Action: DirectXsetup, location: c:\users\pete\downloads\....\dxsetup.exe / silent 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

17 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Go to here and launch the aircraft configurator.exe

D:\Users\Username\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\Comanche250\Tools

That did the trick, thanks my friend !!

Interesting that it automatically shows up in my A2A C172 panel now and works just as before in P3Dv3 but it still doesn't show up in the F1 GTN Config list when I open their app.

The only aircraft that show up there are the default P3Dv4 aircraft and my PMDG aircraft, I assume PMDG shows up because they were installed directly into P3dv4 (against my will - ha ha). So I guess any aircraft installed outside of P3Dv4 using the add-on folder don't show up in the F1 GTN list? 

Joe

Looks like I am incompetent after all.

I was clicking the "reinstall" button and not doing a complete new purchase after applying the coupon.

I'm getting too old for this stuff.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3