Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Flight 1 GTN 750 & GTN 650 released!

38 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Interesting that it automatically shows up in my A2A C172 panel now and works just as before in P3Dv3 but it still doesn't show up in the F1 GTN Config list when I open their app.

The way I got my A2A aircraft (installed in P3Dv4) to show in the F1 GTN Config list was to copy the aircraft root folder (for example, A2A_C182 folder for the Skylane) from it's install location in the "Documents" folder over to the Prepar3d\SimObjects\Airplanes folder, then configure using the F1 Config tool.  Once done copy the A2A_C182 folder back over to Prepa3d v4's "Documents" location.  KInda messy but it works till we get it all sorted out.  The F1 GTN Config tool seems to require much the same file structure for installed aircraft as we've been use to.

HTH

Greg

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

The Realair TDuke looks lovely with the GTN 750. I also updated the Seneca, PC12, c337, c310, and Aztec. It's a hell of a list of great planes.

if they could just do the Malibu Mirage...

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

2 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

if they could just do the Malibu Mirage...

Has it been updated to v4? I don't think so.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

39 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Why is this so difficult to install into the realair lancair legacy.

I installed it into p3d v3 folder like you mentioned. and ran the f1 gtn config tool, and then ran the realair config panel tool, and it still doesn't show up for me.

It's difficult because you don't want to follow the steps I outlined.

46 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'm afraid so. Maybe someone else can figure it out.

I just went into the RA Turbine Duke  Config Panel.exe file

located:

Docs>Prepar3D v4 Add-ons>Turbine Duke V2 P3D3>RealAir>duketvv2p3d2>Config Panel.exe

and changed the GPS to the 750 and it WORKS !!

My path to the Config Panel may be different then yours as I just copied my entire Turbine Duke V2 P3D3 folder without changing file names into my Prepared 3D v4 Add-ons folder and used the add-on.xml approach.

Bootom line I now have the GTN 750 working in my Duke Turbine and in my A2A C172 and all is good for now in P3Dv4 land!

Joe

• Upvote 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

After downloading Garmin trainer 6.21 and trying to run the trainer .exe outside the sim, it does not come on. And of course, the GTN 750 inside the sim does not turn on either. Anyone have any ideas?

Mario Di Lauro

1 minute ago, joepoway said:

I just went into the RA Turbine Duke  Config Panel.exe file

located:

Docs>Prepar3D v4 Add-ons>Turbine Duke V2 P3D3>RealAir>duketvv2p3d2>Config Panel.exe

and changed the GPS to the 750 and it WORKS !!

My path to the Config Panel may be different then yours as I just copied my entire Turbine Duke V2 P3D3 folder without changing file names into my Prepared 3D v4 Add-ons folder and used the add-on.xml approach.

Bootom line I now have the GTN 750 working in my Duke Turbine and in my A2A C172 and all is good for now in P3Dv4 land!

Joe

Great news. When I had FSX installed I received no error messages. But after I deleted FSX that's when the config errors popped up.

Okay finally got it working. Thanks.

Is there anything new in the F1 GTN version 2.0 units or is it just updated for 64bit P3D v4 compatibility?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

10 minutes ago, tamsini said:

After downloading Garmin trainer 6.21 and trying to run the trainer .exe outside the sim, it does not come on. And of course, the GTN 750 inside the sim does not turn on either. Anyone have any ideas?

I was able to get the trainer working by reinstalling and running the installer as an adminstrator.  However, I have been unsuccessful at getting the GTN to display in the sim.

5 minutes ago, MarkSC said:

I was able to get the trainer working by reinstalling and running the installer as an adminstrator.  However, I have been unsuccessful at getting the GTN to display in the sim.

Thanks for the reply. This sucks :b_hantu:

Mario Di Lauro

42 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Looks like I am incompetent after all.

I was clicking the "reinstall" button and not doing a complete new purchase after applying the coupon.

I'm getting too old for this stuff.

That doesn't mean the Flight 1 system is blameless, however. It's a really, really bad system.

Still just a black screen in the sim.  I've tried everything I can think of.  Uninstalled and reinstalled, disabled antivirus, etc.  Does anyone have a solution?  The GTN trainer program works fine.

47 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Okay finally got it working. Thanks.

Is there anything new in the F1 GTN version 2.0 units or is it just updated for 64bit P3D v4 compatibility?

Hello Aaron. Could you help of how you succeed ? I still only see GPS 500.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Just now, Daedalus said:

Hello Aaron. Could you help of how you succeed ? I still only see GPS 500.

I had to install F1 GTN for P3D v3, and then installed Realair lancair legacy v2 also for P3D v3. Then I ran the F1 GTN Update tool and download the latest 1.11 update and then, I ran the F1 Config Tool as admin, made sure that the icon shows up next to the realair lancair legacy, and then finally go to realair config tool for p3d v3, and selected the GTN units, hit save. And then go to the realair config tool inside of p3d v4 and do the same, and the GTN units appear and hit save. It's a bit confusing. I had a difficult time, but finally got it to install. Good luck.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, captain420 said:

I had to install F1 GTN for P3D v3, and then installed Realair lancair legacy v2 also for P3D v3. Then I ran the F1 GTN Update tool and download the latest 1.11 update and then, I ran the F1 Config Tool as admin, made sure that the icon shows up next to the realair lancair legacy, and then finally go to realair config tool for p3d v3, and selected the GTN units, hit save. And then go to the realair config tool inside of p3d v4 and do the same, and the GTN units appear and hit save. It's a bit confusing. I had a difficult time, but finally got it to install. Good luck.

Thank you for the reply! That's  sound very confusing indeed. I have already installed the new GTN for P3D v4. I think I'll wait until maybe an alternative solution is found as I'm afraid of breaking anything if I install the previous GTN over the latest.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link