Sign in to follow this  
Katoun

Video: Milviz boss shows new addons

1 hour ago, newtie said:

The KA was a mistake,

Then perhaps they could refund everyone, otherwise I'd call it theft.

David Porrett

6 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I do recall being interested in the KingAir several years ago and it does not appear it has ever been finished...???  Yet new products get announced?  Maybe I'm missing something.....

Three years of gauge coding (PL21 and UNS1-Fw FMS) had to be completely discarded as not nearly adequate. A completely new group of coders started from scratch and have been working on the new gauge system, as was shown in the live-streamed video.

That's what a lot of people are apparently missing

• Upvote 3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

9 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Three years of gauge coding (PL21 and UNS1-Fw FMS) had to be completely discarded as not nearly adequate. A completely new group of coders started from scratch and have been working on the new gauge system, as was shown in the live-streamed video.

What i'm missing is for how long have they been working on it and when is it supposed to be ready.

One month, one year?

Release in 2017? 2018?

That would calm people down i guess. Lack of communication is often the cause of so many raising voices.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

6 minutes ago, n4gix said:

People may be missing the point because the dev hasn't communicated that fact until recently. Attention spans tend to shorten along with the fuse of people's patience. In other words, they stopped listening to the perceived BS from the dev, and have moved on. At least some of them. A full refund on the KA is about the only way milviz will retain any credibility with some users. :mellow: As I said in my previous post, I have moved on. I will spend my hard-earned cash a little more carefully from now on.

19 minutes ago, Jazzfan said:

People may be missing the point because the dev hasn't communicated that fact until recently. Attention spans tend to shorten along with the fuse of people's patience.

I have to differ with that statement. Colin (and myself) have stated this clearly many, many times over the past year at least.

As you state though, "attention spans" are brief and transitory. As well, I'm quite sure not everyone reads every single post made on any given subject.

The video shows where the new PL21 and FMS3000 are as of the time of video. Iin fact, the "working version" was delivered during the podcast, so it was definitely "fresh off the press" so to speak!

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

27 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

What i'm missing is for how long have they been working on it and when is it supposed to be ready.

Did you even watch the video? It's toward the end because Colin was waiting for the new build to be delivered during the podcast... :cool:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

I'm just amazed that some basic video editing software wasn't utilized to tidy up this video.   I counted 6 CTDs and 2 BSODs in the video.  There were probably fair reasons for them (given that the products featured are all unfinished), however leaving that video raw and unedited was surely a mistake.   As a fellow user said above, it was genuinely painful to watch!

Even Windows Video Editor could have been used to cut out the undesirable parts of the video - in about 30 minutes.   It would have made the video shorter and would have looked a whole lot more professional.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

During the video it was mentioned several times that the KA was just about to be released to purcherers as an "advanced alpha, almost a beta". After all these years maybe it will happen. Personally I was less than pleased to watch  a whole load of other aircraft being produced and released while waiting for the KA.

Here's hoping the wait will have been worth it and that a year from now I'm not saying the same thing.

dave

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JYW said:

I'm just amazed that some basic video editing software wasn't utilized to tidy up this video.   I counted 6 CTDs and 2 BSODs in the video.  There were probably fair reasons for them (given that the products featured are all unfinished), however leaving that video raw and unedited was surely a mistake.   As a fellow user said above, it was genuinely painful to watch!

Even Windows Video Editor could have been used to cut out the undesirable parts of the video - in about 30 minutes.   It would have made the video shorter and would have looked a whole lot more professional.

Ha! I found the video and the show quite entertaining, not boring by any means, lively, interesting and candid.

Dirk.

• Upvote 1

The video is "raw" to say the least. Maybe that is a good thing, as milviz are showing that they aren't hiding anything. It's all there for everyone to see. Warts and all. From that view point, it is kind of refreshing to see this "personal side" from a developer. It is better than a highly polished video that has been edited to hide the obvious bugs to maintain plausible deniability. I'm talking about the "If you can't see it in the video, than the bug doesn't exist", excuses that you get from some devs.

just my .02c

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

I have to differ with that statement. Colin (and myself) have stated this clearly many, many times over the past year at least.

As you state though, "attention spans" are brief and transitory. As well, I'm quite sure not everyone reads every single post made on any given subject.

The video shows where the new PL21 and FMS3000 are as of the time of video. Iin fact, the "working version" was delivered during the podcast, so it was definitely "fresh off the press" so to speak!

Fr. Bill, you are completely correct. So many purchasers did not read the conditions of sale, have not kept up with all the announcements (at least 3 or 4 dozen), and seem to enjoy their angry disinterest.

Those of us truly desirous of a top shelf simulation have listened and followed all announcements without complaint. Better to have a properly finished sim than another "pretty face".

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Ha! I found the video and the show quite entertaining, not boring by any means, lively, interesting and candid.

Dirk.

I have agree with Dirk. KC's antics cracked me up several times. While I completely understand the frustration of somd of the KA350 open beta purchasers, it would be nice if the video was taken in the light hearted way it was delivered.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

4 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Awesome? A mightily over used word. Fact.

It may well come close...some day.

I will phrase it differently. In my opinion.....it's still awesome. No, it's not perfect but what release is only a month or two in. It's still a fine addon. I havent heard many bad words about it. In fact, the avsim review is spot on in my opinion. 

'Awesome' and 'not perfect'? How on earth do you reconcile those two descriptions? It's one or the other, make your mind up!   

• Upvote 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.