kdfw__

744 VC window reflection mod

vc window reflection mod is available in the lib, subtle reflection of the glare shield and other stuff around the window glass with a measure of window wear/dirt:

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=200847&CatID=p3dacrp

744w2.jpg

744w1.jpg

i've been around here long enough to know few people don't like internal window reflections and prefer absolute transparency so it's a personal preference.  I personally like subtle reflection of the glare shield and other things that gives it a sense of space and realism.

whatever your preference, happy flying.

MOD EDIT: These updated/modded files are being provided with PMDG permission having been obtained.

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nice! Subtle reflections is the key - unlike the very distracting reflections in the default FSX 747 VC! :blink:

Amazing, PMDG will let you do that but they won't let me paint the cockpit.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

You were asked to send your repaint for approval to PMDG you refused to do it. So technically is your fault. I can not understand why you keep blaming PMDG

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, warbirds said:

It was sent in and they refused it. 

What was there reason?

10 hours ago, warbirds said:

DID PMDG let him do that?

EDIT: Disregard. The original post had been edited to indicate that they did. That note hadn't been there before.

11 hours ago, warbirds said:

Amazing.

He was asked to send his files in and - guess what, Paul - he complied. It's amazing that this is somehow surprising to you, and how simple this whole thing could've been.

Additionally, he didn't really modify things to the level that you did.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: don't try and shoehorn drama in where it is unnecessary.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, warbirds said:

Drama? 

Yes. Coming in here and attempting to stir up drama surrounding our decision to allow this mod versus not allow yours. This thread isn't about you. Don't try to make it. Doing so is, inherently, dramatic.

...that's also not mentioning the incredible amount of unnecessary drama that came out of me making a simple request of you to send your files to us. Something that, for reasons I still do not understand, you refused to do...going so far as to send them to someone, to have them sent to us.

• Upvote 2

On 9/4/2017 at 1:03 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Something that, for reasons I still do not understand, you refused to do...going so far as to send them to someone, to have them sent to us.

Now that's just insane.

Kevin just for the record I did not want to send them in because it was a forgone conclusion so why bother. Later  on a  member here pm'd me asking if he could send them in for me and I told him it was a waste of time but he seemed like a nice guy and really wanted to help so I sent him the textures and he sent them in with the response that I knew would come..

Now can we put this to bed now Kevin, oh and thanks for starting this all over again.

9 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I did not want to send them in because it was a forgone conclusion so why bother.

If it were a foregone conclusion, why would I have even asked you to submit them for approval...?

14 minutes ago, warbirds said:

oh and thanks for starting this all over again.

I'm sorry, but what?

You came into this thread to start this all over again - all on your own. It was entirely your own doing. Don't blame that on someone else. Had you not stepped in here to try and drag some sympathy out of "oh, you'll do it for this guy's mod but not mine," we wouldn't be here discussing this. If you didn't want this started all over again, you shouldn't have brought it back up.

• Upvote 2

With what kind of topics people are wasting their expensive life time... :huh:

Thanks for the mod! Nice job!

Looking forward to installing this mod.  Love to see the same kind of thing on the CRTs.

14 hours ago, warbirds said:

Now can we put this to bed now Kevin, oh and thanks for starting this all over again.

Not really sure how I started this when your first post in this thread was:

On 9/3/2017 at 7:37 AM, warbirds said:

Had you not made that post, it wouldn't have even crossed my mind, if you can believe that.

• Upvote 1

Sir, please do not PM me and proceed to continue to blame me for something that was started by your own action. Three other people responded prior to my initial post, so how this was even my own doing is beyond me, but I'm not talking to you anymore. Good day.

Nice reflection textures. Grabbing them now.

Warbirds - a piece of advice - don't hijack threads of people who have followed he correct path to work with a developer.

• Upvote 2