HiFlyer

Flying To McDonald's On My Paramotor

Good clean fun, or not? I have no idea about the law on these things....

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

looks like a lot of fun,well worth watching,would like to try but would need a version with vertical take off,running aint my thing no more LOL oh to be young again!

peter

7 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Good clean fun, or not? I have no idea about the law on these things....

As long as he's in Class E or G airspace, and remains clear of TFRs, and military airspace, he's free to fly wherever he wants unless he is causing direct harm to others or is on private property, which is the case with pretty much anything. The barrier to entry for this hobby is amazingly low- you only need to buy your equipment, put it together, then you're good to go. No special licenses or training is needed, not even a driver's license. So you can be a complete novice and do this, but if you look at this guys other videos he seems pretty knowledgeable and is always conscious of not doing anything illegal or dangerous. 

I'm guessing he actually does but it certainly doesn't look like he has very good control turning all over the place. Doing a stunt like this I would think he should fly more steady, predictably and professionally; not all over the sky like he did.

Personally, I think he's an word not allowed for flying "nap of the earth" like he does. It only would take about two seconds of inattention to find himself getting smashed into a hay bale or snarled up in a tree.

Since this is a real world or flight simulator video, I'll have to move this to our aviation video forum. 

Honestly it looks like a lot of fun. Flying open and free with apparently few, if any constraints. reminds me of how I used to daydream of having a jetpack to fly to school, when I was a kid.

Only this is real and practical.

He should have had somebody at the mcDonald's with a camera to film reactions as he landed and took off.

Wow, what an adventurer.  I watched this one then wound up watching another 5 or so of his vids. :gaul: