Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GermanCaptain

PMDG upgrade FSX -> P3D

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I guess this question has been asked many times before but I can't find it in the forums anymore.

My question is whether there is an option to upgrade any PMDG product from FSX to P3D(v4) or is the only way to buy it full price?

Thank you in advance :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

14 minutes ago, GermanCaptain said:

Hello guys,

I guess this question has been asked many times before but I can't find it in the forums anymore.

My question is whether there is an option to upgrade any PMDG product from FSX to P3D(v4) or is the only way to buy it full price?

Thank you in advance :)

Full price. No way around that. There's no upgrade path for FSX to P3D.

2 minutes ago, GermanCaptain said:

@Anders Bermann not quite what I wanted to hear :laugh:

But thank you anyway :)

You're welcome, my friend...

There's no way around it. Also be aware, that the license for P3D is quite a bit higher, than the FSX version. At least for the base-packages. But in my opinion - it's worth it in Prepar3D V4!

4 hours ago, GermanCaptain said:

That's exactly why I would have loved a discount for any sort of upgrade :cool:

You missed the point, the license refers to what PMDG pays for licensing to LM in addition to what they pay to Boeing (I think although specifics have never been discussed).

17 minutes ago, 787WannabePilot said:

A few years back they did offer a discount to upgrade from FSX PMDG programs to P3D. 

Not quite...

First: It isn't an upgrade. They're different platforms to suit differing purposes.

Second: It wasn't to change from FSX to P3D, as people who didn't have the FSX version paid the same amount as people who did.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0