Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Update to the TFDi 717 Released Today

4 minutes ago, spilok said:

Is this aircraft OK for P3dv4?

IMHO, it is one of the best aircraft available for P3D v4 at this time. 

Just now, Gregg_Seipp said:

How's the frames compared to other airplanes after this update?

Not brilliant, but OK. Better than PMDG 747 and Aerosoft CRJ on my system.

Peter

Again great in P3DV4 and has a great FMC. 

Sacrilege I know but I currently prefer this over NGX!

• Upvote 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I love this aircraft, Thanks for the HU, Just installed update. Love flying it around the Hawaii Islands.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

As an early purchase, this aircraft shows what a dedicated and competent developer can do. They  admitted to releasing the aircraft too soon, but they quickly went to work with fixes and updates that took the breath away from me. Their organizational skills on their blog, listing every fix, suggestion and its status, is a model for all developers to follow.

The airplane is so sophisticated, so beautiful, that it's a keep for me.

What's even nicer is that the transition from and to any sim platform is very easy with their add on manager. You can even install it on multiple sims simultaneously.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, spilok said:

Is this aircraft OK for P3dv4?

I'm using it in v4. You need to opt in to the beta team to get the right installer. Easy to install and works very well in p3d v4

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

18 hours ago, scottb613 said:

I flew on them a bunch with Air Tran - and they really seemed to have some get up and go on takeoff... As long as I got an exit row (6'5") I was quite happy...

I've had the opportunity to fly on them YYZ-ATL a few times and the take-off is definitely fun, feels very powerful!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, Dean33 said:

Again great in P3DV4 and has a great FMC. 

Sacrilege I know but I currently prefer this over NGX!

So interesting you say this as this as it is similar for me.  But it made me realize how much this hobby is developing. I recall how impressive the NGX was 5 years ago in 2011; for a long, long time it was pretty much the only aircraft I flew. I had to study and practice and it was a couple of years of learning. After 15 years of simming I found an aircraft that really engaged and challenged me.  In the five years since, there has been so many quality, in-depth aircraft that have come our way.  The Majestic Q400 is a remarkable plane.  The TFDI 717 has been the one I have been gradually learning the past few months and I am really enjoying it. And ahead lies the FSLabs A320, which I must say is a little daunting but I am looking forward to learning the Airbus approach and systems.  Of course there are PMDG's other Boeings as well but my point was the increase capacity if developers and diversity of aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Dan Scott

6 hours ago, flyforever said:

As an early purchase, this aircraft shows what a dedicated and competent developer can do. They  admitted to releasing the aircraft too soon, but they quickly went to work with fixes and updates that took the breath away from me. Their organizational skills on their blog, listing every fix, suggestion and its status, is a model for all developers to follow

May I add how I appreciate that you don't get that condescending attitude  so often displayed by moderators from another study sim developer I shall not name. TDFi has been very forthright, honest and almost humble with customers from the beginning addressing issues as best they could. 

• Upvote 2

Vic green

I do really like this aircraft, and in the beginning it was very solid, but unfortunately for me it is becoming less stable with each update. It never used to CTD on me, and now it happens frequently whitch is pretty frustrating. That's why I love P3DV4 so much is it doesn't ever crash. Sadly, the 717 has changed that a bit.

- Aaron

on my to buy list for this holidays. the upgrade from fsx to p3dv4 has been expensive, so I have put off buying any other airplane. but good to see this developer stick to making it better by fixing the bugs. slapping the Hawaiian livery on in the holidays and flying around fsdt airports is going to be fun.

3 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

May I add how I appreciate that you don't get that condescending attitude  so often displayed by moderators from another study sim developer I shall not name. TDFi has been very forthright, honest and almost humble with customers from the beginning addressing issues as best they could. 

PMDG...there Vic, I said it for you. I can't believe the way they treat their customers on their forum. I've commented on it several times in the PMDG forum, and I was kind of surprised I didn't get a reprimand.

Vic, I still like your PATCO avatar.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

On 9/30/2017 at 4:39 PM, tamsini said:

No Hawaiian Airlines livery yet?  Seems like that'd be a must have.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hawaiian and Delta sort of come with it!

I cannot remember but you DL them both but they already had the enters in the config 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, somiller said:

PMDG...there Vic, I said it for you. I can't believe the way they treat their customers on their forum. I've commented on it several times in the PMDG forum, and I was kind of surprised I didn't get a reprimand.

Vic, I still like your PATCO avatar.

Thank you.

Vic green

Alright let's not get off topic here...I'm still on the fence on the 717. On one hand it looks like a marvelous aircraft to fly but on the other hand, none of the airlines that I fly for (in sim of course) use it.