Sign in to follow this  
Otterpilit

P3D Traffic Add ON

I'm not familiar with UT2 or UT Live and since you guys seem to be in the know, maybe you could answer a few simple questions...

1) Are the models for most world airlines/aircraft part of this package?

2) Do the schedules/routes reflect real-world schedules/routes?

3) Are updates to models, liveries and schedules made available and are they free or how much do they typically cost?

I grew my own AI solution with WOAI etc. but there are some model problems porting in P3D v4.

Cheers!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

16 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

What about JustFlight's new traffic addon that they are developing? Looks pretty good if you ask me.

+1

9 hours ago, odourboy said:

I'm not familiar with UT2 or UT Live and since you guys seem to be in the know, maybe you could answer a few simple questions...

3) Are updates to models, liveries and schedules made available and are they free or how much do they typically cost?

I grew my own AI solution with WOAI etc. but there are some model problems porting in P3D v4.

Cheers!

Hi Odor,

I think it would be better if you head towards the UTL oficial forum to ask these questions, all I can tell you is that although the product it is still on BETA I am very happy with the quality of their AI planes and the product.

You can find more information about UTL here: http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/default.asp?C=5&title=ultimate-traffic-live

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

Thanks Simbol,

I'll have to do that! In the mean time, I have just a few simple questions that maybe someone right here on AVSIM could answer about UTLive:

Thanks again!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1) Yes. Most if not all of the airliner models are the old freeware AI Aardvark versions and there are only a small number of current airline liveries missing in the beta.

2) They supposedly do, but it's not easy to tell since the flight schedule database is in a proprietary format. Included is a list of flight plans so one can check their accuracy manually.

3) The developers have promised future updates to liveries. The add-on has a configuration utility which allows substitution of better models and paints like FAIB and FSPX.

I agree with Simbol. Check out the UT Live official forum as UTL is still in beta and somewhat buggy. At the moment it is the only turnkey solution for P3d4, but that said, it is not as good IMO as the elaborate and challenging approach using freeware AIG flight plans and AIFP. AIG is the AI traffic "package" that has replaced the legacy FS9 WOAI.

Thanks Jay,

I've been poking around their general forum (I'm reluctant to post over there because it means registering for yet another product forum and typically, people often hold back their true opinions in a product forum, which is why I prefer to discuss here.)

I scanned through Pelle's 'get started' PDF. One of the first issues he raises is poor population of a US airport and how to address this by adding AI models. Hmmm... This is the sort of thing I'm trying to get away from. So, is there a list of aircraft and airlines delivered with UTLive?

11 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Thanks Jay,

I've been poking around their general forum (I'm reluctant to post over there because it means registering for yet another product forum and typically, people often hold back their true opinions in a product forum, which is why I prefer to discuss here.)

I scanned through Pelle's 'get started' PDF. One of the first issues he raises is poor population of a US airport and how to address this by adding AI models. Hmmm... This is the sort of thing I'm trying to get away from. So, is there a list of aircraft and airlines delivered with UTLive?

I've been using UTL since it was released and have been quite happy with it.  I've had all of the others in the past (MT6, UT2) along with doing my own plans with the AIFP tool, etc.

I'm not sure what the issue would be regarding 'poor population at US airports'.  This could simply be an AFCAD issue at a default airport as the defaults do not have many parking spots.  My airports are loaded up with UTL and I have my UTL traffic limit set at 110 aircraft (I fly mostly in the US as well).  I have replaced several of the UTL models with some of the newer FSPX AI models (payware) such as the 777 and A330.  I also added some updated liveries for UAL and SWA using some of the FAIB aircraft, etc.  There are still some issues that have been mentioned but to be honest, I really do not have any problems with it at all.  

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 4-10-2017 at 4:02 AM, YukonPete said:

Get Ultimate Traffic live. Its very good. Its still in beta but its very good. Plus if you don't like it flight1 have a 30 day refund policy. 

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14653

Ah! That is very good to know! I have been thinking about getting UTL for a while but I am afraid it won't have much effect on the small airports I frequently visit with my Comanche. (I don't fly airliners right now.) But this means I can give it a try! I also got interested after reading that UTL doesn't use BGL's and so loading times won't get any longer.

The refund is a no questions asked refund...?

2 hours ago, J van E said:

Ah! That is very good to know! I have been thinking about getting UTL for a while but I am afraid it won't have much effect on the small airports I frequently visit with my Comanche. (I don't fly airliners right now.) But this means I can give it a try! I also got interested after reading that UTL doesn't use BGL's and so loading times won't get any longer.

The refund is a no questions asked refund...?

Yes the refund is no questions asked. it covers all products sold via flight1.  Ive used it 3 or 4 times over the last 10+ years.

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=tos

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

42 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Yes the refund is no questions asked. it covers all products sold via flight1.  Ive used it 3 or 4 times over the last 10+ years.

Good to know. My purchase will have to wait though because it seems my Flight1 account is completely gone...?! I can't login, I can't purchase anything and I can't even reset my password. I opened a support ticket just now so hopefully this will be solved before the weekend.

Transitioned over to UT Live from MT6 and couldn't be happier. Turned out to be an extremely simple switch as it's just a matter of disabling one addon, then installing and enabling the other...

Two other must-have AI addons IMO:

- The excellent (freeware!) AI Lights Reborn, which adds improved strobes and dynamic lights to all AI - it's a sight to behold as aircraft structures get lit up and really adds to the immersion...no performance hit either, and uses the V4 SDK

https://www.fsreborn.com/ai-lights-reborn-free-edition

- And Traffic 3D Sounds for UTL - another great AI addon that was fire-and-forget as far as installation

http://secure.simmarket.com/a-constable-traffic3d_sounds-for-ultimate-traffic-live.phtml

A little off topic : as I am using Nico’s Live Traffic program I am looking for more and improved AI aircraft. Currently I am using MT 6 aircraft  + custom sounds + AI Lights Reborn.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks, Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Sorry for also going off topic :happy: but I'd like to try UT Live but still can't access my account. I've opened a ticket at Flight1 and so far all they told me is how to reset my password (which I already tried) and then how to open a support ticket (which I obviously already did). But well, anyway, what I wanted to ask: did any of you buy software from Flight1 without opening an account...? It seems the account is optional but I wonder if it is wise to buy something there when your current account has vanished.... What if I want a refund or official support? Can I get all that without a account? I also wonder if I would buy the upgrade to the GTN 750 while my account is gone: will I get the discount? Things like that make me worry.

19 hours ago, DylanM said:

Transitioned over to UT Live from MT6 and couldn't be happier. Turned out to be an extremely simple switch as it's just a matter of disabling one addon, then installing and enabling the other...

I have MT6 and am quite happy with it. Could you expand a bit about why you like UTL better?

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

23 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I have MT6 and am quite happy with it. Could you expand a bit about why you like UTL better?

Thanx,

Vic

I'm curious as well.  MT6 works pretty well but seems to have a bit larger of a performance hit than I would like.  I hear that UT performs a little better but I'm wondering if there are other features that would justify switching over (or waiting for a sale if they have it).

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram