Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

Patch Bluesday and P3D v4.1

21 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Sorry if i am misunderstanding this thread but should we un-install KB4041676 ?

Not sure uninstalling after the fact will help.  But only do this if you're having issues, KB4041676 doesn't impact everyone, just specific conditions/hardware.

Cheers, Rob.

1 minute ago, Rob Ainscough said:

KB4041676 doesn't impact everyone, just specific conditions/hardware.

Yes, like today, Friday the 13th.  Don't use P3DV4. :smile:

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 minute ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Not sure uninstalling after the fact will help.  But only do this if you're having issues, KB4041676 doesn't impact everyone, just specific conditions/hardware.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob , i am a beast  - is it a CTD scenario at once startup - or one of those after 3 hours ?

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Posted in error, sorry!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

On 10/13/2017 at 9:14 AM, Michael Moe said:

is it a CTD scenario at once startup - or one of those after 3 hours ?

For one of my PCs the windows update installer ran, then initiated a restart, tries to load OS and greeted with BSOD and the Win10 unhappy face. I couldn't even get into safe mode, repair got me back into Win10 but much was not working correctly.  Ultimately it was a wipe and re-install OS from scratch.

Cheers, Rob.

20 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

For one of my PCs the windows update installer ran, then initiated a restart, tries to load OS and greeted with BSOD and the Win10 unhappy face. I couldn't even get into safe mode, repair got me back into Win10 but much was not working correctly.  Ultimately it was a wipe and re-install OS from scratch.

Cheers, Rob.

I've just had to do the same this weekend.

I think I have to do it every 2 years, been updating since FS 95, and always the same, as soon as something needs updated after a while it messes verything up and i have to format and start from scratch. Luckily my computer is dedicated to the sim but that's very boring

I can also confirm the BSOD is directly related to a recent Delta update (KB4041691) installing along with the cumulative update of the same KB number.  At work, I had to deal with the fallout with several Windows 10 computers pulling these from our WSUS servers and then rebooting, before I realized the issue and revoked them.  Make sure you do not have any pending or installed delta + cumulative of the same number or you will have this issue in Windows 10.  As far as I know, this only affected build 1607 in my case.

I hope this Microsoft Oct 17 update fixes my P3D v3.4 crash on startup.............I can't fly prepared 3D anymore!

The last MS update killed a very stable working sim.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Today is also the release of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. I'm really curious if the CTD still occurs with the Fall Creators Update. Here we have the downside, that we can't just uninstall the affected KB :/

Hi All,

I just completed downloading the Latest Microsoft "Creative Update," or what ever it is called, and it DID NOT fix the issue I had experienced with the last security update. Instead, it gets thru the start up phase, but once you select the A/C and airport, it begins to load, but at the 80% point it stops with the following window message:

Lockheed Martin @ Prepare 3D

"Got Error Creating Child Window"

When I click ok, acknowledging the error, the error window closes as it attempts to complete the loading process, but then crashes. This happens consistently with the default A/C I have chosen which is the Extra 300 sport plane. However, when I load the PMDG 737-700, it freezes at the 80% loaded part. There is no crash in this instance, it just sits there at 80%. I also noticed my GoFlight radios never lite up like they usually do.

All the years I have been simming, I have never had so many issues with the MS operating system updates, than I have with Windows 10.

I will be interested to hear if others were more successful than me, or experienced similar results?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

It is not just this update but Windows 10 updates back in 2015 also caused this error.  I did some research a couple of months ago on this and it might be a controller -

When you do searches on this error, not too many people have it but it is frustrating for those who do have it.  None of the individuals who got the error has ever reported a positive fix.  Perhaps the error suddenly went away and they had no idea what made the error to suddenly go away.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

I started a thread on the P3D forum and Clifton responded that I either disconnect my USB devices, which I just did, or add EnableDirectInput=True to the P3D.cfg file.

But it still crashes.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

FYI, looks like Microsoft have released an "official" full Win10 1709 (for Pro, Education, Enterprise) installer - on my MSDN account.  Looks like wipe and 1709 fresh install will be my only option for a couple of my PCs.

Cheers, Rob.