Sign in to follow this  
Rocker

Dash 8 Compatibility

Just now, Rocker said:

Is the Majestic Dash 8 Compatible with P3d v4?

Nope not yet. 

Matt Wilson

Just like a few other publishers, Majestic was waiting for the 4.1 update. They have been re-working the big Q for quite awhile in preparation for the update, now they can finish it. I would expect at least another couple of weeks, but.... it will be worth it!  As you, I also miss it mightily!  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

17 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Is the Majestic Dash 8 Compatible with P3d v4?

There is a Majestic forum down below and the devs have made a few updates in there regarding the v4 update.

From EGFF to YSSY

20 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Just like a few other publishers, Majestic was waiting for the 4.1 update. They have been re-working the big Q for quite awhile in preparation for the update, now they can finish it. I would expect at least another couple of weeks, but.... it will be worth it!  As you, I also miss it mightily!  

Not trying to be a P.I.T.A. but where exactly did Majestic say the update was pending release of 4.1? Haven't heard anything but crickets from them since end of August. I'm not saying you're wrong. Just saying they're not saying.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

When reading what they have said, even in the main announcement that was posted. There are also small tidbits in the rest of their forum. 

"The Q400 Prepar3D v4 (PILOT, PRO & TRAINING Editions):
While it is not necessary to go into the details as to how we are making the transition possible, it is at least feasible to let you know that "much" of the code has had to have been rewritten. The present state of the Q400 is that we now have the basics working in Prepar3D v4, but we still need to write new assembler routines, change the database engine, along with several other critical improvements, not forgetting to get the performance synced. Also, the 2d panel rendering engine was completely rewritten and augmented with extra performance features available within the 64-bit system. That being said, the new P3Dv4 platform as many have seen with many of the updated or new add-on releases offers several enhancements which allow developers to improve the immersion factor of add-ons. We have not gotten to that stage yet but, hopefully, we are able to add some additional features that were feasible but not practical with the 32-bit platforms."

You will notice that prior to the writing of that statement in August, they had already re-written most of the basic code and already had it working in version 4, now with complete SDK they can finish the extras that 64 bit can accommodate. No reason to think that they have been resting on their laurels because 4.1 wasn't actually published before today.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Yes I read that. Here's some additional info from that post.

"So the big question - WHEN is the Q400 going to be released?
With all that is going on under the hood, it is not possible to provide an accurate timeline. The best we can do at this time is provide updates as we see fit, which will be posted here on the Facebook Page along with the Majestic Software Forum. Constant emails or private messages may very likely not get answered, as we simply do not have the time to repeat the same information over and over. We appreciate your support, but more so your patience."

No mention of waiting for an update or an sdk. Again not saying it won't happen. But Majestic has certainly not made a statement on it. When I saw your post I thought I may have missed some new info from the developer. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

It's coming, folks....It's coming.  That is all to be said at this time....It's coming

Cheers

• Upvote 4

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

This will be a happy day for sure.

Looking forward to it. Best turboprop going.

Great days ahead: this aircraft, the PMDG Jetstream and the FSL A360x.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Looking forward to the Q400 as well... 

As far as I understand, it's going to be a new purchase / upgrade path of some sort for Prepar3D V4 compatibility, right? 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Hopefully v4 will make the cockpit look a little better/more realistic.

Love the product in my P3dv3 but I find the cockpit a little bland and lifeless.

spacer.png