redsonssi

pmdg747-8

19 posts in this topic

Hello pmdg
I expected QW787 after pmdg747-8, but I am disappointed and waiting for pmdg747-8 again.
In previous p3d v4 update documentation, I saw an article saying that we need to finish pmdg747-8
So I'm curious about the current situation.:biggrin::biggrin:

Edited by redsonssi
kim young ju
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Last I heard it's in development with all hands in deck working to get it done. I heard a beta tester said it was a ways out as it wasn't on their radar yet. You have to remember that the -8 isn't just a re-engined 747-400 or a stretched version, it's essentially a totally different aircraft. The -300ER expansion took 13 or so months to release after the base package and that was pretty much just a stretched -200. I'd expect Q1 or Q2 of next year, though they could surprise us and push it out before the holidays, however unlikely that may be. Congratulations on getting the QW787, it looks to be a marvelous aircraft, but  this on will take a bit more time to perfect. Good things come to those who wait!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign your real name first and last as per forum regulations.

 

The -8 is still under development. As soon as we have her in beta I am sure the beta team will share pictures and videos.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Last I heard it's in development with all hands in deck working to get it done. I heard a beta tester said it was a ways out as it wasn't on their radar yet. You have to remember that the -8 isn't just a re-engined 747-400 or a stretched version, it's essentially a totally different aircraft. The -300ER expansion took 13 or so months to release after the base package and that was pretty much just a stretched -200. I'd expect Q1 or Q2 of next year, though they could surprise us and push it out before the holidays, however unlikely that may be. Congratulations on getting the QW787, it looks to be a marvelous aircraft, but  this on will take a bit more time to perfect. Good things come to those who wait!

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
747-8 seems to take a long time to come out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Please sign your real name first and last as per forum regulations.

 

The -8 is still under development. As soon as we have her in beta I am sure the beta team will share pictures and videos.

Description Thank you
I do not know where to write my name.
Where should I write my name?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redsonssi said:

Description Thank you
I do not know where to write my name.
Where should I write my name?

Type it at the end, like you type it at the end of an email, or letter.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can either type it at the bottom of the page after each post or as most do put it in your signature.

 

On the top of the page where your user name is. Click on it select account settings and then signature. Put your name, first and last then and save.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

You can either type it at the bottom of the page after each post or as most do put it in your signature.

 

On the top of the page where your user name is. Click on it select account settings and then signature. Put your name, first and last then and save.

Thank you very much

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to this new 747 to fly...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Type it at the end, like you type it at the end of an email, or letter.

Thank you very much

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boomer said:

Looking forward to this new 747 to fly...

The only thing better is if Boeing comes out with a 6 engine bird

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

North American already beat them to it 53 years ago with the XB-70 Valkyrie :happy: 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, redsonssi said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
747-8 seems to take a long time to come out.

Again, the -300ER came out roughly a year after the -200LR, so given that the 747-400 was released just last February and it hasn't been a year yet, I'm not surprised. Furthermore, not long after the 747-400 got released, PMDG worked on updating all their stuff for P3D V4 once that got released, so that also took a bit of time. Not really sure why there was an expectation that the QualityWings Boeing 787 would come later.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Again, the -300ER came out roughly a year after the -200LR, so given that the 747-400 was released just last February and it hasn't been a year yet, I'm not surprised. Furthermore, not long after the 747-400 got released, PMDG worked on updating all their stuff for P3D V4 once that got released, so that also took a bit of time. Not really sure why there was an expectation that the QualityWings Boeing 787 would come later.

Description Thank you
I started the Flight Simulator after the pmdg777-200 and 300 release and did not know much about it
And I have asked pmdg about 747-8.
The p3dv4 update and the pmdg747-8 team are different, so I told them that there is no delay due to the p3dv4 update
Again answer and explanation

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hijack the thread. I had a question. Are there different systems as well with the - 800? For example how the 777 and 787 have very different displays and airport displays on the ND etc? Any cockpit comparison images that anyone can share? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now