warbirds

GTN 750 for v4.1?

Is there an update yet for the Flight1 GTN 750? I have tried the version for V4 and it does not work in V4.1.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I did but still does not work. It worked find until the V4.1 update. 

Thanks, I am at the flight1 site now and they only show version 203

3 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Did you download version 2.04? That's for V4.1.

Yep. See here:

Greg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Thanks, so 203 is really 204 :)

YEP

BJ from OZ

204 was announced yesterday. I installed it last night, and its running very nicely. As alluded to above, it may still be labelled at v203 on the website.

You do NOT need to run the F1 updater, that won't work in this case.

The only issue - and its a big one if you're flying vr - is that the 'direct to' button (the one with the arrow) on the right of the unit doesn't work in VR - so you have to remove goggles any time you need to reprogram a destination.

Is there a way to do this in the gtn without using that button (going to a 'nearest' airoport)?

Is there any way to bind a key press to that button?

Apart from that, now that LM has given us a decent VR cursor, using the GTN with the Oculus is a splendid experience.

Mine is not working after updating to 2.04 under V4.1 very sluggish.

I reported it to F1 already.

Simbol 

If you need to re-install the software, does it preserve your custom waypoints or is there a way to back them up and restore them to the new version.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Mine is not working after updating to 2.04 under V4.1 very sluggish.

I reported it to F1 already.

Simbol 

I've reset the AM in Task manager to all and it seems to be working ok. I had it set to last two cores in the config tool,

bob

6 minutes ago, onebob said:

I've reset the AM in Task manager to all and it seems to be working ok. I had it set to last two cores in the config tool,

bob

I tried the core settings but didn't work, what is the AM?

Simbol 

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

I tried the core settings but didn't work, what is the AM?

Simbol 

Affinity Mask... open Task Manager click on 'Processes' right click on 'GTN Simulator' and click 'set affinity' click 'all Processors'

It does appear it's not picking up the cores in the config tool.

this is only a temporary solution as this needs to be done every time you boot up P3d.  but at the moment its now working.

bob

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, onebob said:

Affinity Mask... open Task Manager click on 'Processes' right click on 'GTN Simulator' and click 'set affinity' click 'all Processors'

It does appear it's not picking up the cores in the config tool.

this is only a temporary solution as this needs to be done every time you boot up P3d.  but at the moment its now working.

bob

I see, I will try tonight and report the findings to F1.

Many thanks 

Simbol 

Yes, just checked it again, setting 'All Cores ' in the F1GTN Config tool and checking the AM in Task Manager which shows it set to core '0' so it doent appear to be picking up the AM in the config tool.

bob

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, onebob said:

Yes, just checked it again, setting 'All Cores ' in the F1GTN Config tool and checking the AM in Task Manager which shows it set to core '0' so it doent appear to be picking up the AM in the config tool.

bob

I am away from my beloved Simulator PC, but your explanation makes total sense.

Thanks for reporting this.

Regards,
Simbol

2 hours ago, simbol said:

I am away from my beloved Simulator PC, but your explanation makes total sense.

Thanks for reporting this.

Regards,
Simbol

try altering this line in the F1GTN config file in your  Airplane section (Sim Objects) ....    CPU Core=0   this will use the last core   .  this works ok

bob

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, onebob said:

try altering this line in the F1GTN config file in your  Airplane section (Sim Objects) ....    CPU Core=0   this will use the last core   .  this works ok

bob

Many thanks,

That is fine for a temporally solution, I was happy when they were using all cores, so they better fix this!

Simbol

7 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

If you need to re-install the software, does it preserve your custom waypoints or is there a way to back them up and restore them to the new version.

Pine, your waypoints will be fine. I use quite a few, and they're all still there (from memory, they're stored in a folder in the Garmin trainer, and that shouldn't be getting uninstalled).

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Pine, your waypoints will be fine. I use quite a few, and they're all still there (from memory, they're stored in a folder in the Garmin trainer, and that shouldn't be getting uninstalled).

As long as you do not re-install the Garmin Trainer!  :blush:

• Upvote 1

Yes, Bert, that's what I said, maybe should have capitalised:

"and that SHOULD NOT be getting uninstalled!!!!!!!!!"

:)

If anyone wants to back their waypoints up, they're saved by default in:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN

Look for these files:

GTN2nonvol (contains the GTN 750 waypoints and flightplans)
GTN4nonvol (contains the same data for the GTN 650)

Whilst you shouldn't be planning on touching the trainer itself, there's no harm in backing these up if - like me - you've got lots of user waypoints (I mainly use them for small fields that aren't in the Garmin database)

Cheers!

Here is the GTN750 by RealityXP compatible with P3D v4.1 (and Trainer 6.41). Coming in a few hours or days.

Tested here integrated into A2A C182

Capture-1p.jpg

Capture-2p.jpg

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Thanks for the advice and good news. Looks like it is save to upgrade to 4.1 now. The showstopper are now out of the way.