eXpress48

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and CTD

Recommended Posts

Hello

Yesterday the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update was released. As we all know, the September Patchday for Windows 10 Creators Update pretty much broke the Sim under certain circumstances.

Has anyone already updated to the Fall Creators Update and can share if the CTD still occurs?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would imagine everyone on Win 10 has it by now, you can't stop it updating. I did, however, block the module that was causing the problem with P3D v3, other than that I have had no problems at all.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

... you can't stop it updating. ...

Yes you can - if you have Win 10 Pro. I have disabled the Windows Update service and all is well.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Yes you can - if you have Win 10 Pro. I have disabled the Windows Update service and all is well.

Same here. Nothing is broke, so why do I need Microsoft to impose itself on my system?

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Same here. Nothing is broke, so why do I need Microsoft to impose itself on my system?

because  they  can:dry:

Share this post


Link to post

I took the risk and installed the update..I like taking these risks for a reason I don't know : P   Nevermind, I did a small circuit on the NGX, everything seems fine here on P3D v4.1 so far.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I took the risk and installed the update..I like taking these risks for a reason I don't know : P   Nevermind, I did a small circuit on the NGX, everything seems fine here on P3D v4.1 so far.

Good to know as I will be upgrading tonight.

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post

I upgraded my gaming laptop which has P3D v3, and my gaming desktop which has P3D v4.1. Can confirm v3 is still broken (CTD), but v4.1 has no issues after the upgrade (Windows 10 Home Edition). Tried out all my PMDG models (737, 747 & 777). No problems..Regards.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

because  they  can:dry:

Well as that may be that they can, but I have control of my system, not them! I can either opt to let them play havoc, or just block them. So, their 'can'  is totally immaterial.

Share this post


Link to post

guess  you missed  my  smiley  at  the  end

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

guess  you missed  my  smiley  at  the  end

Sorry, Pete, only seen it now:gaul:

Share this post


Link to post

Installed yesterday and flown the NGX without a problem.

Afterwards I installed and loaded FSL but did not test-fly her yet.

Seems to work well on my end.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, eXpress48 said:

Hello

Yesterday the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update was released. As we all know, the September Patchday for Windows 10 Creators Update pretty much broke the Sim under certain circumstances.

Has anyone already updated to the Fall Creators Update and can share if the CTD still occurs?

Thanks.

Updated 2 PCs to 1709, fall creators update. One PC had Prepar3D v4.1 installed with add-one. The other PC I installed a fresh copy of Prepar3D v4.1 for VR testing after updating to 1709. Prepar3D is running smoothly on both.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Running 4.1, update came through last night. I rebooted, loaded P3D and now CTD... Fudge sake!

I'm running W10, A, Can I uninstall this major release? B, Should this fix the issue?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't got this update yet (not sure how their scheduler works so I don't know when I'll see it) but now you've got me worried. :blush:

Share this post


Link to post

Already on 4.1 and I forced the Windows update last night.  Been flying for about 4 hours this am with no issue at all.  (4.1 / Orbx / Carenado PC12)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just finished a 3 hr flight after the upgrade with the PMDG 777. No problems, only had to adjust my sound settings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, phmcr said:

Just finished a 3 hr flight after the upgrade with the PMDG 777. No problems, only had to adjust my sound settings.

 

P3dV3 or V4?

Share this post


Link to post

Over at the Prepar3D Forum, Rob McCathy from LM has said that the fix for the v3.4 CTD will not be in the Creators update but a separate fix will be released by Microsoft, when they have finished it - no time frame given.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Over at the Prepar3D Forum, Rob McCathy from LM has said that the fix for the v3.4 CTD will not be in the Creators update but a separate fix will be released by Microsoft, when they have finished it - no time frame given.

I can't believe it has taken so long for that to get sorted.

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post

update for win10 version1709 for x64-based systems (KB4041994) ..and P3Dv4.1 CRASH

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, JakeCrez said:

Running 4.1, update came through last night. I rebooted, loaded P3D and now CTD... Fudge sake!

I'm running W10, A, Can I uninstall this major release? B, Should this fix the issue?

Thanks

You can rollback to the previous Version in the Settings App within 30 days after the Upgrade.

23 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

I would imagine everyone on Win 10 has it by now, you can't stop it updating. I did, however, block the module that was causing the problem with P3D v3, other than that I have had no problems at all.

How exactly did you block the module? The only workaround that I currently know is to uninstal the problematic September Update and later Updates. (Which in fact is no longer possible if you are on the Fall Creators Update as the Update is baked into Windows)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now